Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album (9011 Views)

D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts / Chimamanda Adichie Featured On Beyonce's Flawless' (Video) / Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 03, 2012
safarigirl: Just because people don't share your opinion doesn't make em haters. Not everyone will like D'banj, welcome to the world. Everybody shouting Oliver twist like D'banj is solely responsible for the success of the song. I bet if he got an award he won't acknowledge those who contributed. One hit song is what is hyping the guy, MC Hammer did 'Can't touch this' who no play am? Where is the artiste now? Na to feature in Kanye album be am? Is it until some nutjob in US or UK approves the song that inferior Africans will know their worth? Only thing this continent is good at is eating from Oyibo hand, if a whitey doesn't approve of it, then it's wack. How does Oliver twist improve anyone's life? Na to talk 'shakey bum bum, you must need the gon gon' na im go end Boko Haram or provide good health care? These things will remain with us long after your white neighbour has deleted 'Oliver twist' from his music library, so what's the noise about? Congrats to D'banj sha, hope he's investing just in case music doesn't pay the bills in 2 years.
3billion likes

1 Like

Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by hammedkola(m): 11:28am On Sep 03, 2012
Even though Dbanj is featured, Kanye isn't performing in that track...He still an akpan like wizkid said
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by tunapawizzy: 11:30am On Sep 03, 2012
ujukala: Nice music.
hahaha my sister u dun hear am
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by MrGlobe(m): 11:30am On Sep 03, 2012
this guy is trying too hard to associate with Good music even when it's obvious he is not wanted. Good Music recently performed in jayz's made in America festival. Even Rita Ora he opened a show for in the for also performed in the festival but he was no where there. Kanye tweeted their picture on stage which would have given him publicity but he was not in it. what are we supposed to be happy he is 'smuggled into a track'. I don't think this is the final kut cuz kanye's Perfect bit. ch is missing
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by tuasefemi(m): 11:40am On Sep 03, 2012
Dear God,you that answered the prayer of Mr Dapo Oyebanji aka D'banj that attracted him to enormous envy by non progressive haters, com and answer my own prayer o!
†ђε successes recorded by this ambassador in the last few months are enormous!
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by airmark(m): 11:45am On Sep 03, 2012
safarigirl: Just because people don't share your opinion doesn't make em haters. Not everyone will like D'banj, welcome to the world. Everybody shouting Oliver twist like D'banj is solely responsible for the success of the song. I bet if he got an award he won't acknowledge those who contributed. One hit song is what is hyping the guy, MC Hammer did 'Can't touch this' who no play am? Where is the artiste now? Na to feature in Kanye album be am? Is it until some nutjob in US or UK approves the song that inferior Africans will know their worth? Only thing this continent is good at is eating from Oyibo hand, if a whitey doesn't approve of it, then it's wack. How does Oliver twist improve anyone's life? Na to talk 'shakey bum bum, you must need the gon gon' na im go end Boko Haram or provide good health care? These things will remain with us long after your white neighbour has deleted 'Oliver twist' from his music library, so what's the noise about? Congrats to D'banj sha, hope he's investing just in case music doesn't pay the bills in 2 years.

I believe the highlighted statements are unneccessary.

How would you call dbanj's adventures, eating from oyinbo's hand, bad?. It is similar to African footballers playing abroad and getting paid for their services.

Oliver twist is an entertaining song to have fun and ease stress. That improves some people's lives, may be not yours.

You talked about shake bom bom? grin That's entertaining skill of Dbanj. Some people crave for that. In fact it made most foreigners go gaga when he performed at wireless 2012 in the UK. You cant be serious all the time of your life. wink

You talked about how it could nt end boko haram and improve health care. When you people have no guts to face your leaders and make them accountable, you rain abuse at musicians who are also people like you out to make ends meet. You want Dbanj to talk ill of boko haram, while you sit at home watching movie magic , while he risks his family members being attacked.

1 Like

Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 03, 2012

Gbam!!!
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 03, 2012
U'd think dude wil be on all d tracks d way he is following Kanye around. Y do i keep gettin d feelin dat D'banj is bein toleratd by Good music?

1 Like

Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by montelik(m): 12:01pm On Sep 03, 2012
kingdotman: I hope say no be harmonica he blow for the track O°˚˚˚! ℓ☺ℓ

lmao. but actually that would be very good. his harmonica skills are quite good and in track featuring 7 guys, it would a nice way for him to distinguish himself from the crowd.
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by Shaw007(m): 12:16pm On Sep 03, 2012
What i particularly like about that is that,he was featured in d track not the other way round. . .

other ones like p-square ft rick ross,his'(dbanj's) remix with snoop featured them in d tracks,they prolly had 2 pay them 2 feature. . .but D'banj was featured,invited. . .

It wud av been like all the other normal ones if it was 'd'banj ft kanye' but it was kanye ft. . .

SUpER!!

I just hOpe this hIts. . .

1 Like

Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by Henrick007: 12:22pm On Sep 03, 2012
And this is d lyrics
dis is d way i brush my teeth, brush my teeth ,brush my teeth,dis is d way i brush my teeth early IN THE MORNING.
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by Flakeey(f): 12:37pm On Sep 03, 2012
utumunta: U'd think dude wil be on all d tracks d way he is following Kanye around. Y do i keep gettin d feelin dat D'banj is bein toleratd by Good music?

you guys should leave d'banj alone
whether he is being used as househelp or not is not of your biz
it's his life, let him live it the way he desires.
i know some of u will jump at UK or US visa to go there and work as Househelps, cleaners, morgue attendants and lots more.
so guy, cut the crap and face your future.
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by PlayLover: 12:51pm On Sep 03, 2012
Listen to Kanye West The Morning (Cruel Summer D'banj Snippet):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgR6PocDy1M via @PlayButtonLover
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by naturalwaves: 12:51pm On Sep 03, 2012

Sharap my friend,did U just said,it is just one track that is promoting d guy? U av failed to realise,that hardwork and success is not a day's job.Btw,2004 to 2012, Dbanj has sang around 30+ songs + few features,with nothing less than 15 monster hit tracks,chunning out hits after hits and lately,one of his latest tracks 'Oliver Twist' got an international recognition and appeal and d best U can do is to type trash.

Moreover,when as it become d duty of Dbanj to tackle Boko haram crises? What happened to Mr Clueless? Here is someone trying to make efforts to improve his music base and d only thing U haters can do is to trash him all d time.How many professionals in Nigeria can compete and even laise with their foreign counterparts?Not even our footballers or boxers(as notorious as Naija is).He myt be part of our best in Nigeria,but he knows that d foreign guys are better.Even if he is undergoing a learning process,doing boy boy or Akpan like some eediots claim,good for him.Who are U?what do U do? Can U compete,laise,rub shoulders with d best of ur class in d world.What guts do U av to tell Dbanj to save his money incase music doesn't pay his bills? U think he's a fool.If U had 1/8 of his money,am sure U would av misbehaved.He will feed U for d next 10 years.Rubbish!!!

Common sense also failed to tell U that,d challenge,driving force and objective function of Dbanj is not about d money but to establish an international presence to d best of his ability.

Whether or not Dbanj is successful in his sojourn should be non of any one's business.At least,he tried by making an attempt,not claiming a local champ like some cowards.Afterall,it is better to try than not to try at all.
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by Mosimosco(m): 1:00pm On Sep 03, 2012
Illuminati muzik group rather conjugal to d'banj
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by naturalwaves: 1:01pm On Sep 03, 2012
Flakeey:

you guys should leave d'banj alone
whether he is being used as househelp or not is not of your biz
it's his life, let him live it the way he desires.
i know some of u will jump at UK or US visa to go there and work as Househelps, cleaners, morgue attendants and lots more.
so guy, cut the crap and face your future.

U forgot to add 'Burger flipping' to d list. I wonder what their biz is.Some people need to stop hating and get a life.
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by truth4meal(m): 1:15pm On Sep 03, 2012
i almost didn't say anything...till i listen to the track
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by decogrin(m): 1:32pm On Sep 03, 2012
zaza1: People can hate sha..he appears in "Mercy" video they say they did not see him,those that saw him said he was jumping about like a houseboy..another group say he is working as akpan for Kanye West..they will never notice that Oliver Twist was played during half time at various events at the 2012 olympics,they will never remember it was also played on "Eastenders"..they will never notice is presently the theme song for Martini commercial being aired in the US and UK,they will nevr notice when he performed recently with Rita Ora at her concert,they will never remember Kanye WEst coming to Uk to perform at their concert in UK..they will never remember all this..even when he is featured on the GOOD music album..they are quick to ask "why just one song?","I am sure he only sang small inside"..blah,blah,blah..why the hate?..righrt now D banj and Nneka are the two most recognised Nigerian artistes internationally..rather than celebrate this people will hate because he and Don Jazzy parted ways..whether he can sing or not he has tried and should be commended for his hustle..his progress will be good for Nigerian Music by extension because it will bring international attention to Nigerian music..but I giess HATERS will always be Haters
I "giess" you should STFU too, as if oliver twist wasn't recorded here in Ð☺η jazzy's studio...abi na kanye west dem tell una say e produce am?
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by naturalwaves: 1:51pm On Sep 03, 2012
decogrin:
I "giess" you should STFU too, as if oliver twist wasn't recorded here in Ð☺η jazzy's studio...abi na kanye west dem tell una say e produce am?

What is d correlation between this trash U wrote here and d main points raised by d guy? Face d main points he raised and prove otherwise.Go sleep if U've got nothing important to say.Moreover,what's our business with who's studio it was recorded? + was it only Oliver Twist d guy talked about? I'm sure U should be d worst speaker in any debate U undertake.Go sleep joor.
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by vokalguy(m): 2:34pm On Sep 03, 2012
seedord247: This niqqa is really making it menh.... His song (oliver twist) was used to advertise one alcohol drink like that on VH1 and BET.

yup, I saw that too. Props to him
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 03, 2012
An American Features a Nigerian and there are Celebrations SMH undecided undecided
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by naturalwaves: 3:31pm On Sep 03, 2012
El Guapo: An American Features a Nigerian and there are Celebrations SMH undecided undecided
It is a news and not a celebration.Get that! Except if it has become a crime to read or listen to one (news).
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by Princek12(m): 3:32pm On Sep 03, 2012
decogrin:

It is not about who recorded the song or where the song was recorded but who marketed the song and made it a global hit, thereby introducing D'banj to a new fan base. Prior to joining Good Music, D'banj struggled to reach the non African fan base.

Parting ways with D Jazzy was the best decision he ever made, as he had peaked with D Jazzy and could not grow further. D Jazzy, however talented of a producer he may be, could not market D'banj to the American and European fans. Kanye West seems to be doing it, and D'banj should be applauded for his hustle and being practically the first Nigerian Artist to take Afro pop music to a multitude of international fans.

1 Like

Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by feyifassy: 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2012
Its funny how pple do bring sentiment into their views. Just because ibo n yoruba break up nw, ibo pple shld start beefin d yoruba#so sick#. Dbanj, d only african stayin i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ africa to feature i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ an american album, its really great !
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by esn1(f): 3:56pm On Sep 03, 2012

You are so on point babes. That's the word. I think its better when we grow together, postive competition and not being at loggerhead.
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 03, 2012
naturalwaves:
It is a news and not a celebration.Get that! Except if it has become a crime to read or listen to one (news).

I thought i Over-heard someone Shouting Praise the LoRd! undecided undecided
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by naturalwaves: 4:16pm On Sep 03, 2012
El Guapo:

I thought i Over-heard someone Shouting Praise the LoRd! undecided undecided

cheesy cheesy cheesy Really?
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 03, 2012
naturalwaves:

cheesy cheesy cheesy Really?

U Gotta trust Nigerians cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by buchibabe: 4:59pm On Sep 03, 2012

Lollllll! Babe wetin I do u na? Y u wan use laff dislocate ribs dem? U make sense jare. "Told" dem,dat not all(kanye) dat glitters is gold. Just hope dbanj doesn't go into oblivion soon
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by safarigirl(f): 5:57pm On Sep 03, 2012
naturalwaves:

Sharap my friend,did U just said,it is just one track that is promoting d guy? U av failed to realise,that hardwork and success is not a day's job.Btw,2004 to 2012, Dbanj has sang around 30+ songs + few features,with nothing less than 15 monster hit tracks,chunning out hits after hits and lately,one of his latest tracks 'Oliver Twist' got an international recognition and appeal and d best U can do is to type trash.

Moreover,when as it become d duty of Dbanj to tackle Boko haram crises? What happened to Mr Clueless? Here is someone trying to make efforts to improve his music base and d only thing U haters can do is to trash him all d time.How many professionals in Nigeria can compete and even laise with their foreign counterparts?Not even our footballers or boxers(as notorious as Naija is).He myt be part of our best in Nigeria,but he knows that d foreign guys are better.Even if he is undergoing a learning process,doing boy boy or Akpan like some eediots claim,good for him.Who are U?what do U do? Can U compete,laise,rub shoulders with d best of ur class in d world.What guts do U av to tell Dbanj to save his money incase music doesn't pay his bills? U think he's a fool.If U had 1/8 of his money,am sure U would av misbehaved.He will feed U for d next 10 years.Rubbish!!!

Common sense also failed to tell U that,d challenge,driving force and objective function of Dbanj is not about d money but to establish an international presence to d best of his ability.

Whether or not Dbanj is successful in his sojourn should be non of any one's business.At least,he tried by making an attempt,not claiming a local champ like some cowards.Afterall,it is better to try than not to try at all.
It is you who should shut your useless mouth, you worthless waste of black skin. I've never attacked anyone on this forum, but I'm ready to get banned to give you a proper piece of my mind. They ought to have sold your fore fathers to the whites to ensure you fulfill your silly life of servitude. So if the white man doesn't give you a pass mark, you're an automatic failure, you and your lot are a disgrace to the black race and ought to be wiped out. Which D'banj will feed me? How many people has the tout fed since he became popular? People are dancing to the song on an empty stomach and in your small mind they're happy. Instead of the fo0ls you people call celebs to help their own after making it, na to dey show una lamborrghinni and mansion while Angelina Jolie and Bono leave their country to feed their people. You're all a shameless lot, I weep for Africa when I hear the words that leave the lips of our so-called men, black men are a disgrace to the race, even a white hobo will be treated like a king in Africa while your most successful artiste is treated like trash in his country, you make me want to puke, such a visionless, worthless people who need the approval of their own fellow man to develop a sense of self importance, this is why you will always be treated like cra.p wherever you go. D'banj will fade and die off while you stay and wait for your government (who beleive they're progressing because Obama and one or two whiteys say so) to change a situation your inferiority complex got you to. May I never encounter a useless, worthless black man as yourself who remains a slave to the whites long after slavery is over. You and your lot disgust me. MODS, YOU CAN NOW BAN ME. Mtchewww
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by tomakint: 6:19pm On Sep 03, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
This news is going to hit the pack of hating mongrels like hurricane Katrina. I'm loving this joor. OooooSsssHhhhEeeee. Lebete!!!!

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry Men, sorry!!!
Re: DBanj Featured On GOOD Music's ''Cruel Summer'' Album by naturalwaves: 6:21pm On Sep 03, 2012
safarigirl: It is you who should shut your useless mouth, you worthless waste of black skin. I've never attacked anyone on this forum, but I'm ready to get banned to give you a proper piece of my mind. They ought to have sold your fore fathers to the whites to ensure you fulfill your silly life of servitude. So if the white man doesn't give you a pass mark, you're an automatic failure, you and your lot are a disgrace to the black race and ought to be wiped out. Which D'banj will feed me? How many people has the tout fed since he became popular? People are dancing to the song on an empty stomach and in your small mind they're happy. Instead of the fo0ls you people call celebs to help their own after making it, na to dey show una lamborrghinni and mansion while Angelina Jolie and Bono leave their country to feed their people. You're all a shameless lot, I weep for Africa when I hear the words that leave the lips of our so-called men, black men are a disgrace to the race, even a white hobo will be treated like a king in Africa while your most successful artiste is treated like trash in his country, you make me want to puke, such a visionless, worthless people who need the approval of their own fellow man to develop a sense of self importance, this is why you will always be treated like cra.p wherever you go. D'banj will fade and die off while you stay and wait for your government (who beleive they're progressing because Obama and one or two whiteys say so) to change a situation your inferiority complex got you to. May I never encounter a useless, worthless black man as yourself who remains a slave to the whites long after slavery is over. You and your lot disgust me. MODS, YOU CAN NOW BAN ME. Mtchewww

D Eeeeeeeediiiot loses debate and then derails d thread.On d wheels now.Will give U a proper reply wen I get home.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Just For Fun, Drop A Lyric To A Song And Let Someone Tell You The Artist. / Bella Shmurda Ft. Olamide – Vision 2020 (remix) / Demarco Feat. Akon & Runtown – No Wahala (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.