Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Gooners And Gunners - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gooners And Gunners (1209 Views)

The Best Memes Photoshops Jokes From Delighted Gooners As Arsenal Sign Alexis / Breaking News: Mikel Silvestre Joins Gunners / Gooners! Not Gunners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gooners And Gunners by sirwebs(m): 2:37pm On Apr 11, 2006
Some members of this forum quarelled when i used the term Gooners in an earlier post. Well let me clear the air. I am a Gooner true and true.
Fans of Arsenal football club all over the world refer to themselves as Gooners. If u keep your eyes open during matches you will see banners bearing such. The club as a whole (players, fans, the whole works) is called Gunners.
For some of the new fans who don't know the history we have with United don't be angry that i criticized the Gaffer.

Sirwebs
Re: Gooners And Gunners by Vieira(m): 2:44pm On Apr 11, 2006
Why were they upset with the word Gooner?

Did they think it was a rude word?
Re: Gooners And Gunners by salehm(m): 9:54am On Oct 23, 2006
sirwebs:

Some members of this forum quarelled when i used the term Gooners in an earlier post. Well let me clear the air. I am a Gooner true and true.
Fans of Arsenal football club all over the world refer to themselves as Gooners. If u keep your eyes open during matches you will see banners bearing such. The club as a whole (players, fans, the whole works) is called Gunners.
For some of the new fans who don't know the history we have with United don't be angry that i criticized the Gaffer.

Sirwebs

Well i think to me there is nothing wrong with the spelling Gooners.It is in no way Abusive. lipsrsealed

Re: Gooners And Gunners by kitaun(m): 11:19am On Oct 23, 2006
Vieira(or was it Niterider?) and I had already cleared the air on the gooner/gunner issue then and the chap rightly learnt it was meant to be abusive initially but later turned into a fave nickname
Re: Gooners And Gunners by Grizzly(m): 1:15pm On Oct 28, 2006
Let me state categorically first that i am no gunner, in fact i hate gunners
i'm a blue, but to be frank, i have seen the gunners play, and i'll like to say they are far from gonners for now, thats being frank,
Re: Gooners And Gunners by Mustay(m): 2:12pm On Oct 28, 2006
Sirwebs u are d 1st gunner've admired, Keep it up!
Re: Gooners And Gunners by Mustay(m): 2:27pm On Oct 28, 2006
Sirwebs u are d 1st gunner've admired, Keep it up!
Re: Gooners And Gunners by naija4life(f): 2:58pm On Oct 28, 2006
Now's da time to separate the men from the boys, gooners or gunners or even gonners, watever will be will be. True blue 4 life
Re: Gooners And Gunners by strongest(m): 7:50pm On Oct 31, 2006
Gunners for life or Gooners for life all I know is that since the lost at the final of the champions League you guys had been GUNNED DOWN FOR LIFE. But to say the truth you guys are playing what my former coach at Chelsae (Rudd Guilit) called sexy footbal the best in europe right now.

(1) (Reply)

Most Up-to-date Sports News Providing Website / Football Show Coming Soon! Broadcasting On: AIT/STV/NTA! Audience Members Wanted / Top 10 Football Leagues In Africa: Nigeria Ranked Lowest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.