Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

The End Of The Church Age - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The End Of The Church Age (2773 Views)

Various Dates Predicted For The End Of The World That Have Failed / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Signs Of The End Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The End Of The Church Age by toluxa1(m): 11:24am On Jan 05, 2008
I WONDER HOW THIS WILL SOUND TO YOU PEOPLE. BUY I WANT YOU ALL TO KNOW THAT THE CHURCH AGE HAS COME TO AN END, AND GOD IS COMMANDING EVERYONE TO COME OUT OF THEIR CHURCHES OR ELSE THEY WILL FALL UNDER THE JUDGEMENT OF GOD. (MAT. 24:15)

you can go to www.familyradio.com and www.ebiblefellowship.org for details of Gods Truth to we true beleivers
Re: The End Of The Church Age by pilgrim1(f): 12:32pm On Jan 05, 2008
If people "come out" of the Churches, where do YOU want them to be - NIGHT CLUBS? cheesy

Lol. . . just teasing ya.

Actually, one has to ask serious questions before swallowing everything people like Dr. Harold Camping and his folks are espousing.

Cheers.
Re: The End Of The Church Age by toluxa1(m): 2:07pm On Jan 05, 2008
Nice question that is. I pondered on that ? also for some time until I read Mat. 24:15-16 (When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understandsmiley

It says run to the Mountains. Where is the Mountains? Thats Jesus. Flee to Jesus. He says I am the rock of ages

The bible says, He departed out of Temple and Sat on the mount of olives.
We have to see the bible as a spiritual book for us to harmonize.

God's will be done
Re: The End Of The Church Age by pilgrim1(f): 2:41pm On Jan 05, 2008
Well, I applaud your efforts.

However, look again at what you have stated:

toluxa1:

It says run to the Mountain[b]s[/b]. Where is the Mountain[b]s[/b]? Thats Jesus. Flee to Jesus. He says I am the rock of ages

Mountain[b]s[/b] (in plural) is not the same thing as Jesus. By that assumption, we need to acrefully weigh our ideas and understand that it is required of us to carefully place our words to agree with what the Bible teaches.

Cheers.
Re: The End Of The Church Age by toluxa1(m): 6:01pm On Jan 05, 2008
In the book of Jer. I cant remember the chap and verse. It says something like in the end the LORD will be on the mount of olives which will be split on two and a valley shall be between. We have to check EVERYTHING the bible has to say on a subject to come to Truth.

Please use a concordance to find the part Jeremiah I am talking about.
Re: The End Of The Church Age by Xvalier: 10:04pm On Jan 05, 2008
toluxa1:

I WONDER HOW THIS WILL SOUND TO YOU PEOPLE. BUY I WANT YOU ALL TO KNOW THAT THE CHURCH AGE HAS COME TO AN END, AND GOD IS COMMANDING EVERYONE TO COME OUT OF THEIR CHURCHES OR ELSE THEY WILL FALL UNDER THE JUDGEMENT OF GOD. (MAT. 24:15)

Toluxa1, at best, you simply are ignorant of The Plan of God, and at worse, you are a Heretic.

By the way, Mountains and Rocks are not the same thing, this is elementary.

Also for the abomination spoken of by Daniel (Mt 24:15), please read Dan 9:27, 11:31, 12:11
Re: The End Of The Church Age by pilgrim1(f): 6:13am On Jan 06, 2008
@Xvalier,

Lol. . . please be patient with him. I know am guilty many times of being strong and passionate in my expressions with people I do not agree with; but I think that toluxa1 is inviting us to consider his postulations for a discussion. Before I became a Christian, I had no clue about what the Bible taught - I read mainly the Qur'an and knew it by heart (though today, I am simply forgetting so many of its verses and have come to know the Bible by heart).

Perhaps, toluxa1 will get there someday and be strong in the Faith of our Lord Jesus Christ. Let's help him achieve that as best we could.

Many blessings. smiley
Re: The End Of The Church Age by pilgrim1(f): 6:20am On Jan 06, 2008
@toluxa1,

toluxa1:

In the book of Jer. I can't remember the chap and verse. It says something like in the end the LORD will be on the mount of olives which will be split on two and a valley shall be between. We have to check EVERYTHING the bible has to say on a subject to come to Truth.

Please use a concordance to find the part Jeremiah I am talking about.

It is true that we have to check everything the Bible has to say on a subject - but I presume that should rather be that we check everything we have retained and let the Bible speak for itself.

I do not know everything in the Bible; but I can trust God to bring us to know HIM as much as He has revealed in His WORD.

I suppose the verse you're looking for is not in Jeremiah (please correct me if I'm wrong) - but it is rather in Zechariah:

Zechariah 14:4

And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives,
which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives
shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward
the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of
the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it
toward the south.

God bless.
Re: The End Of The Church Age by Kobojunkie: 11:40am On Jan 06, 2008
toluxa1:

you can go to www.familyradio.com and www.ebiblefellowship.org for details of Gods Truth to we true beleivers

Bobo, ignorance no be bliss at all. Did you even bother read up to know what the abomination of desolation nspoken by Daniel is and what the signs will be and when it will come?? No Where in Daniel or in Matthew did Jesus even mention anything about the church coming to an end. Please pick up a copy of the Bible and actually READ. Nigerians, READ. the BOOK NO GO CHOP YOUR HEAD iF YOU OPEN IT TO READ TO GAIN KNOWLEDGE, NA WA OO!!!!
Re: The End Of The Church Age by pilgrim1(f): 3:11pm On Jan 06, 2008
Make una easy on the guy O! grin
Re: The End Of The Church Age by toluxa1(m): 12:04pm On Jan 09, 2008
When I first heard that the Church age has come to an end, I looked at the whole thing as 'bull shit'. By the way, I am not a "young christian". One thing I know is that no matter how much I explain, you will not understand unless God opens up the scriptures unto you, and opens your spiritual eyes to see as we know that God told Daniel to seal up the scriptures in the last chapter of Daniel.

1 Peter 4:17 says For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

I will like you to read the book, The End of the Church Age and After. You'll find it at. Just Click on that title on the left.

http://www.familyradio.com/graphical/literature/frame/

Thanks for the correction on that book and chap, verse. You are absolutely correct
Re: The End Of The Church Age by jerrymania(m): 9:43pm On Jan 09, 2008
toluxa u wud be "a passionate fanatic" if there is anyfin like dat.
Re: The End Of The Church Age by tuneh(f): 10:01pm On Jan 09, 2008
I went thru d book out of curiosity and the little I read was written in error. A number of verses of the bible were quoted out of context and some of the statements had no real basis, not even in the bible. Let us guard ourselves againt wrong teachings

tuneh
Re: The End Of The Church Age by Kobojunkie: 12:53am On Jan 10, 2008
Here @Toluxa. A better way of reading the Bible. Don't pick a verse and then run off creating stories around it. Make sure it all lines up with the writers idea.

[b]11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
trial Matt 24:9, Acts 4:3, Acts 7:59, Rev 2:10

13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
reproached Matt 5:10, 2nd Tim 3:12, 1st Pet 3:14

15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.

16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
end

18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.
[/b]

There are so many books out there that will tell you whatever the author  intends for you to know of his views and many will try to use the bible to tell you that what they offer you is correct but you are called not to be of the fools but to actually sift through all the jargons, testing each against the word of God, not just one verse but the whole to understand if it is of God or not. You can not pick a verse and say because it sort of agrees with your idea means it is true. You have to consider the many other verses that tell you that your idea does not link up with the real message.

If you spend time to read the verses above you will realize it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with your topic at all, infact, the verses are clear on what the writer's message is to the people back then and even to this day. Knowledge is a great thing but Knowlegde without wisdom as to how it should be applied can be a very dangerous thing. Please be careful that you do not go around becoming a messenger for the one you are afraid of.
Re: The End Of The Church Age by pilgrim1(f): 9:34am On Jan 10, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Here @Toluxa. A better way of reading the Bible.

I value such responses. be encouraged to keep it up! smiley
Re: The End Of The Church Age by toluxa1(m): 4:24pm On Jan 10, 2008
I really hope that God will open your eyes to see the truth of the word of God just as i am praying for my family and friends. For your information, my Grand Father is an ECWA Revd. My Father owns a church with about 13 branches in Niger state and the Federal Capital. My mother is a deacon in another church, infact a preacher (which is against the bible- women are to remain silent in the churches says 1 Tim.). You cannot imagine the persecution I am facing now from my entire extended family. But these things were already foretold by Jesus. (Read Mat. 24 CAREFULLY). Everybody thinks, Oh! He is listening to Heresy. But no, I am listening to the Bible, the only way God speaks to us in this time of the Great Tribulation.

May God's Will be done.
Re: The End Of The Church Age by toluxa1(m): 12:41pm On Jan 11, 2008
I will encourage us to continue to read the bible without any pre- concived ideas as we are in the time when God is opening up the sciptures for HIS PEOPLE.
Re: The End Of The Church Age by pilgrim1(f): 1:58pm On Jan 11, 2008
toluxa1:

I will encourage us to continue to read the bible without any pre- concived ideas as we are in the time when God is opening up the sciptures for HIS PEOPLE.

That would be great! smiley However, when we open the Scriptures and seek to understand His revelations therein, it becomes all the more obvious that the views you are espousing are actually [b]un[/b]scriptural.

That is why we are trying to encourage and invite an open discussion on the issues you have presented in this thread.
Re: The End Of The Church Age by toluxa1(m): 9:13pm On Jan 13, 2008
If God does not open ones understanding to the sciptures, it will never look biblical to you. because the wisdom of God is foolishness to man.

The bible says, Come out of Her(Babylon- spiritually means the Church), my people, that you be not partakers of her plague
Re: The End Of The Church Age by toluxa1(m): 7:29pm On Jan 19, 2008
You know something? The more I read the bible, the more I really discover what God is saying about the End of the church. It is really a dangerous thing be in the churches in this days of the end of the church age. I just though I should show you this link. You can listen or download the mesages online.

http://ebiblefellowship.org/depart_out/depart_out_menu.htm

God bless you all.
Re: The End Of The Church Age by pilgrim1(f): 8:04pm On Jan 19, 2008
@toluxa1,

toluxa1:

It is really a dangerous thing be in the churches in this days of the end of the church age.

Now this is beginning to get serious for you and we need to know how serious it has taken you. Truth be told, God never asked anyone to get out of (or leave) THE Church. Please if you find where He said so, why don't you post it and let's discuss it openly? cheesy
Re: The End Of The Church Age by MP007(m): 12:39pm On Jan 20, 2008
come out of chruches? I always thought The church was believers of christ, hmmmm,
Re: The End Of The Church Age by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 23, 2008
Many holy jews read Isaiah and other prophets and were convinced that the Messiah will arrive with an army and bring world peace + Israeli domination. They were in for a big surprise. Many of these jews still dont believe Jesus.

We should be careful about interpreting the bible as per end times. Many have led others astray (eg David Koresh in 1992). WE ARE NOT HOLIER THAN THOSE ANCIENT, MISTAKEN JEWS.

Trust in God and be good to your neighbor. The future is in God's Hands
Re: The End Of The Church Age by pilgrim1(f): 10:12am On Jan 23, 2008
MP007:

come out of chruches? I always thought The church was believers of christ, hmmmm,

This is what people have to try and understand: the CHURCH is the believers themselves - unless Dr. Harold Camping is asking believers to come out of themselves. grin
Re: The End Of The Church Age by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 23, 2008
pilgrim.1:

This is what people have to try and understand: the CHURCH is the believers themselves - unless Dr. Harold Camping is asking believers to come out of themselves. grin

Kudos, pilgrim.1. May the Lord bless you with both His Hands!!!
Re: The End Of The Church Age by joshjosh(m): 10:42am On Jan 23, 2008
mmmmmmmm  i don't usually comment on things like this. but is this true 

@toluxa1
My Father owns a church with about 13 branches in Niger state and the Federal Capital. My mother is a deacon in another church, infact a preacher

the church with all its troubles is still a great force for good on planet earth.
think of the world without a church.  what darkness and despair would prevail.

God help us
Re: The End Of The Church Age by jagunlabi(m): 2:52pm On Jan 23, 2008
joshjosh:

the church with all its troubles is still a great force for good on planet earth.
think of the world without a church. [b]what darkness and despair would prevail.[/b]God help us
In the absence of the church there would be no more or less darkness and despair in the world as it is now.
This world will always remain imperfect,and have just about the same negatives and positives,with or without the church.
I'd like to witness the era of no church,though,out of sheer curiousity.
Re: The End Of The Church Age by jagunlabi(m): 3:07pm On Jan 23, 2008
Just for the record, the darkest era(middle ages) of the european continent was the church era.
Light only came when europe got enlightened and came out into the light(of knowledge)through the rennaisance time.
Re: The End Of The Church Age by joshjosh(m): 4:06am On Jan 27, 2008
the Lord God of heaven will never let 10 generations after you see a day like that in Christ name.

every generation rewrites history. most of what you call wealth and civilization today in the west are the result of your "dark middle ages".

Christ church will spread all over this world and no gates can stop it
Re: The End Of The Church Age by toluxa1(m): 2:37pm On Jan 30, 2008
Wow Wow Wow, where do I start from. You see, anytime I tell people about the end of the church age and they begin to come up with all kinds of verses in the bible that sometimes even hardly relate (spiritually) to the topic, it gives me great pain to imagine that this many people really think they are serving Christ in their churches and they actually dont know they are serving Satan who has taken His seat in the Churches. Well I think I have to start with a little bit of History. You see, in the very beginning, there was no formal institution that was refered to as the house of God or where true beleivers gathered to worship God. Now some years later, He began to use the nation of Israel(National Israel) as an institution for His Salvation plan. Infact If you were not an Israelite, you were virtually not saved at all. Israel was His peope. At that time people worshiped in the TEMPLES and SINAGOGUES. Now after the Death of Christ in 33AD, specifically on the day of Penticost God transfered the whole business again to the Churches (The Local Congregations). The Holy spirit was present there to apply the word of God to their hearts and people were becoming saved. According to His plan, just as the era of National Israel came to an end, so also the Church age came to an End in the sense that no one was becoming saved anymore in the churches. Lets look at it this way, If you were a Jew in those days and you used to worship in the sinagogue all your life and suddenly the Apostles of Christ came with a message that God was no more in the Temples and Sinagogues and that He is now using the Ministry of the churches to save people and that you should come out of the Sinagogues and Temples, I know you will feel exactly (infact more furious) as you feel hearing the fact that the bible is telling us to come out of the churches.

And I heard another voice from heaven saying, Come out of her, My people, that ye may not partakers of her sins, that ye receive not of her plagues.

Book of Revelation 18:4

In this passage the "Her" there was actually being addressed to Babylon. How can I now say it is the church. Well, the bible helps us understand that king Nebuchadnezzar was tipified as Satan in the Bible and we also read in 2 Thes. 2 that before the end, satan will take His seat in the House of God claiming that He is God. God also says He will send a strong delusion on the people. All this is spiritual language and we can only understand, by COMPARING SCRIPTURE WITH SCRIPTURE.

Someone said something like the gates of Hell will not prevail against the Church. But we have to understand the fact that the word Church in the verse does not refer to the Local Congregations but to The Eternal church of God (The True Beleivers who God has chosen from the foundation of the world). I discovered that what our churches and pastors teach us is the only thing we want to beleive. We dont beleive the Bible, we beleive our church and pastors.

I will again urge us to read this book. The book just directs you to verses where you find alot of information that God is giving us concerning the End of the church age. You can request your free hard copy by writing to international@familyradio.com or read online at http://www.familyradio.com/graphical/literature/frame/

Look for the topic at the left side of the page.

Once again, May God's will be done.

Grace!
Re: The End Of The Church Age by pilgrim1(f): 3:22pm On Jan 30, 2008
@toluxa1,

Howdy? cheesy

toluxa1:

And I heard another voice from heaven saying, Come out of her, My people, that ye may not partakers of her sins, that ye receive not of her plagues.

Book of Revelation 18:4

Dude, please go study the verses you quote for yourself - it won't hurt you to seek an understanding from God. Does that verse ask Christians to come out of the churches?
Re: The End Of The Church Age by toluxa1(m): 9:13pm On Jan 30, 2008
We will began to understand the bible (if God wills) on if we do two things.
1. Study the bible using the biblical rule which says "COMPARE SCRIPTURE WITH SCRIPTURE(or SPIRITUAL THINGS WITH SPIRITUAL THINGS)"
2. Understand that the bible is not just a book but every word in the bible (in the original language) came out of the mouth of God and Remember that Christ spoke in parables. Mark 4:34 says
But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples.

You will never see a verse in the bible where God says "Come out of the Church my people, " The fact is, this was a way God used in sealing up the words in the bible until the apointed time.
Daniel 12:8-9 reads

And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what [shall be] the end of these [things]? And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words [are] closed up and sealed till the time of the end. Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

The fact is we cannot pretend not to see this verses. The bible clearly states that the wise are the true beleivers and the wicked are the unbeleivers. I beleove that before the end (and we are very close to it) all true beleivers will come out of the church because those the sign of a true beleiver is that He has an ongoing desire to obey the word of God. So they will come out and those that remain will perish. (Mat. 7: 21-23 reads--- 21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22 “Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23 “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’ )

May His will be done

Shalom!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

T. B Joshua Predict Massive Death Via 2go / Eyes Have Not Seen And Ears Have Not Heard / Abraham ( A Model How To Be A Real Man/woman)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.