Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,467 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Adultery Or Polygamy Which Is Greater Danger To The Family? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Adultery Or Polygamy Which Is Greater Danger To The Family? (1235 Views)

Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. / A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! / Man Catches Wife Committing Adultery In Jos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adultery Or Polygamy Which Is Greater Danger To The Family? by turnstoner(m): 10:52pm On Sep 03, 2012
Adultery is a criminal offence in Nigeria but Polygamy is not! Isn't there a contradiction here? How do you take a second wife without committing adultery?
Re: Adultery Or Polygamy Which Is Greater Danger To The Family? by Freiburger(m): 10:55pm On Sep 03, 2012
^^both.
Re: Adultery Or Polygamy Which Is Greater Danger To The Family? by Acidosis(m): 11:39pm On Sep 03, 2012
Adultery? a "criminal" offence ?
Re: Adultery Or Polygamy Which Is Greater Danger To The Family? by MrsChima1(f): 2:13am On Sep 04, 2012
Freiburger: ^^both.

Gbam!!!!!
Re: Adultery Or Polygamy Which Is Greater Danger To The Family? by brideprice: 11:32am On Sep 04, 2012
I hear some polygamous homes are peaceful to an extent. At least the parties know themselves and are known by people. In the case of adultery the wife in house will be living in constant doubt if she does not know about the affair or at least she may also be living in danger if the other woman is the type that is willing to do everything possible to take her place in the home. Adultery often always is dangerous because at the end d wife at home will be the one who will lose a emotionally while the woman outside may gain (even though it may be temporary).

I feel adultery poses greater danger to the home. Albeit, neither of the two is better.
Re: Adultery Or Polygamy Which Is Greater Danger To The Family? by ochukoccna: 8:32pm On Sep 04, 2012
Acidosis: Adultery? a "criminal" offence ?
In Nigeria? undecided undecided undecided
Really? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Adultery Or Polygamy Which Is Greater Danger To The Family? by CrazyMan(m): 9:46pm On Sep 04, 2012
Both are dangerous.
Re: Adultery Or Polygamy Which Is Greater Danger To The Family? by turnstoner(m): 10:46pm On Sep 04, 2012
CrazyMan: Both are dangerous.
Should polygamy be declared an offence punishable by law? Can such a law be enforced in Nigeria?
Re: Adultery Or Polygamy Which Is Greater Danger To The Family? by CrazyMan(m): 12:12am On Sep 05, 2012
turnstoner: Should polygamy be declared an offence punishable by law? Can such a law be enforced in Nigeria?
Are you kidding me...when religions like islam support polygamy 100%, and even some churches practice it. How on earth can the government make it an offense?

The only solution of polygamy is abstinence. Stay clear from it and be contented with your wife...and I can assure you that your life would have a happy ending.

1 Like

Re: Adultery Or Polygamy Which Is Greater Danger To The Family? by Mowire: 2:25pm On Sep 06, 2012
@crazyman, there many monogamists who died miserable cos of marrital troubles.
Re: Adultery Or Polygamy Which Is Greater Danger To The Family? by Jellitah: 11:16am On Feb 08, 2013
So adultery is a criminal offence in Nigeria? shocked

Back to work abeg!

MU HE HE HE HE HE HE

When 99% OF NIGERIANS were conceived in adultery? cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Huggies Dry Comfort Is New In The Market, Whats Your Opinion About It Please? / My Wife DOES NOT WORK !!! / Alert!who Stole My Monicker ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.