Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,942 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Michelle Obama: Being President Doesn't Change Who You Are - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Michelle Obama: Being President Doesn't Change Who You Are (529 Views)

Michelle Obama Wants To Divorce Barack Obama - National Enquirer / Iranian News Censors Michelle Obama’s Oscar Gown / Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Michelle Obama: Being President Doesn't Change Who You Are by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 06, 2012
As I listened to Michelle Obama speech on the DNC night my eyes filled with tears like every other democrat, not just for the overwhelming emotional speech but for my country Nigeria, when would we ever produce a leader of this intellectual level I asked myself? When would Nigeria ever produce a president that isn't a mockery of wisdom?

The American first lady's speech is being heralded as one of the greatest speeches of our time, I personally think it may have secured Obama a second term. She didn't have to kill anyone, or bribe, nor use the power of incumbent, she just came out and spoke truthfully and calmly, rendering a speech filled with memorable quotes....but my personal favorite is when she said "Well, today, after so many struggles and triumphs and moments that have tested my husband in ways I never could have imagined, I have seen firsthand that being president doesn't change who you are -- it reveals who you are."

I couldn't agree more...being president really reveals who you are...
Re: Michelle Obama: Being President Doesn't Change Who You Are by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 06, 2012
Some people argue that Michele would actually make a better president.

(1) (Reply)

A Florida Pizza Shop Owner lifts Obama Off The Ground. / Suspect Behind Controversial Movie, Innocence Of Muslims / Www.hseexecutive.com - Venezuela Battles El Palito Refinery Tank Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.