Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,017 members, 7,863,681 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:20 PM

Advice Needed, Bng To Us Consulate 4 Times! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice Needed, Bng To Us Consulate 4 Times! (606 Views)

My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? / South Africa Shuts Lagos Consulate / Panic At Lagos US Consulate Over Suspicious Object (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Advice Needed, Bng To Us Consulate 4 Times! by Tena11: 1:59pm On Sep 06, 2012
Fellows. My name is Yinka, a graduate from a uni here trying to make good with my life. Ive been to the american embassy 4 times already but refused. Im a mature student, looking to take a medical route in the U.S however I am aware that they do not grant visas to non-imigrants from Nigeria to study medicine since medical study there offers residency. I had to apply for undergrad admission with option to transfer credits attained here. The processing with schools went smoothly however the denials have been in the way of my progress.

The last interview I had lasted for a min or so:

VO: Why do you want to travel to the united states?
ME: To complete my undergrad degree in biology.

VO: You are 24!
ME: Yes sir

VO: what have you bn doing since completion high sch:
Me: Academics( told abt my remedials, diploman and undergrad)

VO: Tells me to hold on, then after a while he says why not apply for a Masters degree in Biological sciences?why do you want to go back to restudy bio? If u have graduated, pls reapply or if u havent complete ur education and reapply anytime.

Big Question is this.. DO I REAPPLY FOR A MASTERS? I HAVE ALL THAT IS NEEDED! AND HOW SOON
CAN I APPLY FOR SPRING or wait years for spacing? I just need candid advise ..
Re: Advice Needed, Bng To Us Consulate 4 Times! by justwise(m): 2:52pm On Sep 06, 2012
Tena11: Fellows. My name is Yinka, a graduate from a uni here trying to make good with my life. Ive been to the american embassy 4 times already but refused. Im a mature student, looking to take a medical route in the U.S however I am aware that they do not grant visas to non-imigrants from Nigeria to study medicine since medical study there offers residency. I had to apply for undergrad admission with option to transfer credits attained here. The processing with schools went smoothly however the denials have been in the way of my progress.

The last interview I had lasted for a min or so:

VO: Why do you want to travel to the united states?
ME: To complete my undergrad degree in biology.

VO: You are 24!
ME: Yes sir

VO: what have you bn doing since completion high sch:
Me: Academics( told abt my remedials, diploman and undergrad)

VO: Tells me to hold on, then after a while he says why not apply for a Masters degree in Biological sciences?why do you want to go back to restudy bio? If u have graduated, pls reapply or if u havent complete ur education and reapply anytime.

Big Question is this.. DO I REAPPLY FOR A MASTERS? I HAVE ALL THAT IS NEEDED! AND HOW SOON
CAN I APPLY FOR SPRING or wait years for spacing? I just need candid advise ..

Ask your question here...https://www.nairaland.com/994108/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part3

(1)

NAVY CHOPPER CRASH: We Escaped Death By Whiskers – Gowon, Maku / Lottery Winners: Board Your Flights To Anywhere In America / How Much Money Require For Different Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.