Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? (12927 Views)

My Experience At The US Consulate Carrington Cres / Nigeria Starts 48-Hour Visa Issuance At New York Consulate / Urgent....direction To US Consulate Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? by olisasegun(m): 10:41pm On Dec 20, 2015
Dear Consulate General,

On Each Applicant Being Treated Fairly and On Their Own Merit

My name is XYZ MD, a Medical Doctor working in a federal government hospital in Nigeria; I applied for an American non immigration visa and attended the interview on Tuesday (21/07/2015) at the Lagos consular office (Passport Number: A06712115 and Confirmation No: AA0054JJQO).

The purpose of which I intend to visit the US is both academic and humanitarian. I had planned to attend a medical conference themed “Difficult Fractures around the World” that will take place in Richland, Washington, September 16-19, 2015; a comprehensive discussion on treatment of difficult fractures all over the world.

SIGN (Surgical Implant General Network), the organizers and sponsors of this annual conference also give free intramedullary nail for treatment of poor patients with long bone fractures and I am fully involved in this free treatment in my country.

While waiting in one of the transient area at your embassy I noticed where it was boldly written that ‘we know some are nervous because this is their first visa interview, but they should be assured each applicant will be treated fairly and on their own merit’ (I might not have used the exact words!!).

However, to my greatest surprise the gentle lady who interviewed me appeared to lose interest when she realized I have not travelled before. She even used my supposedly strong points against me; monthly income and being a resident doctor.

She demanded to know why I have not travelled before despite my bulky monthly income, I told her I am very busy because of my training program as an Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon, the relevance she seemed not to understand. This I believed should have counted in my favor for the purposes of my US visa application. Moreover, the culture of travelling starts one day, why not with United States.

While studying the major criteria for granting of non immigrant visa: the purpose of travelling (mentioned above), ties in Nigeria that will ensure I return and the financial ability to afford the trip and stay in the United States and perhaps most importantly not being a risk to your country’s interests; I strongly believe my application should have been granted without issues.

I have a good and enviable career with Federal Medical Centre, a tertiary hospital and one of the best of its kind in Nigeria. My gross monthly a salary is #Bleep,Bleep (about $x,Bleep)

I am member of West Africa College of Surgeons and due for fellowship examination early next year after 6 years as a resident (This I would never jeopardize for an unknown future in the US). Even if am given stay permit in your country, it will take me a minimum of 10 years to get to where I am today in my country.

Additionally, I am married with two children, I have 2 cars and landed properties in two different towns (one of them is presently being developed). You can say I belong to upper class in my country, this is a comfort zone obtained after many years of hard work which I will never throw away.

Above all, I was never given the chance to discuss or prove most of these highlighted facts during the interview.

Lastly, I have devoted all my life to serving humanity and helping people get well. I have no family, or friends in the USA and I am definitely not flight or health risk. I believe I was not treated fairly.

I have made this complaint so that my case can be revisited if possible.

Thank you.

Dr. XYZ

Thank you for your email, your concerns are noted.

We do not have an appeal process. Applicants must wait at least ninety days to reapply. However, we strongly recommend that applicants only reapply if they believe that their circumstances have changed or they are able to present additional, compelling evidence of their socioeconomic ties to Nigeria or their reason for travel to the United States. Evidence may come in many forms, but when considered together, must be enough for the interviewing officer to conclude that the applicant's overall circumstances, including social, family, economic and other ties abroad, will compel him or her to leave the United States at the end of a temporary stay. “Ties” are the various aspects of life that bind one to one's place of residence, such as family relationships, employment and possessions. As each person’s situation is different, there is no single answer as to what constitutes adequate ties. Eligibility determinations for non-immigrant visa applications are made on the basis of the information presented by the applicant at the time of the interview. Refusals under Section 214(b) cannot be appealed or overturned, but they are not permanent. If the applicant is unable to establish eligibility to the satisfaction of the adjudicating officer, his or her only recourse is to reapply.

We regret any inconvenience this decision may have caused you. If you choose to reapply in the future, our practice is to have a different officer handle the interview if possible.

We hope this answers your questions.

Sincerely,

cid:image001.gif@01D0C55B.881B7120

Correspondence Unit (TMI)
US CONSULATE GENERAL
LAGOS, NIGERIA

http://olisasegun..com.ng/2015/12/my-letter-to-us-consulate-general-and.html

1 Like

Re: My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? by olisasegun(m): 10:59pm On Dec 20, 2015
I believe the points raised were not adequately addressed by the reply from the Consulate General.

3 Likes

Re: My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? by donbigboy(m): 11:17pm On Dec 20, 2015
Sorry about your refusal

As for the response from the consular I think this is there normal reply to most people who wrote them after their refusals, "notting special" about it...

You can always reapply in the future

People do still get America visa on a "virgin" passport...

Goodluck next time..

6 Likes

Re: My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? by eme1n(m): 11:25pm On Dec 20, 2015
I believe if you reapply you would be given a visa. Your points are valid and you have caught their attention. Best wishes for the future...

1 Like

Re: My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? by sunnydayasaba(m): 11:28pm On Dec 20, 2015
Sorry for your denial. I think you should visit and study youtube videos on how to answer US visa interviews, that way you understand why you where deny visa.

As for the response received, Its well stated that US visa process don't have an appeal, so the response justify that stand. Just prepare very well with your responses and reapply. Your deny was simply as a result of your response. Also study the class of Visa your apply for properly and understand its condition before you reapply. You cant apply for a conference and still want a study permit with same visa purpose. So you need to decide properly the class of visa that suits your visit and apply without deviating from the visa condition.

All the best as you reapply, Just prepare very well, You will get it even with a Virgin passport.

2 Likes

Re: My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? by ifegy: 11:37pm On Dec 20, 2015
Re: My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? by ATERI(m): 11:49pm On Dec 20, 2015
It`s nice to get to know how the people Nigerians consider to be superior do things. You already guessed right why you were not given a visa: the fact that you have a new unused passport. The question is, was that mentioned in any of their stated requirements? Of course not! You just need to accept the reality that a barren passport owned by a Nigerian applying for a visa, is a problem. So you can try to look for a less attractive country to visit before applying next time. Anywhere you go in today`s world, know that normal rules do not apply to you if you are a Nigerian. That is a lesson that would always be useful outside the shores of our country.

3 Likes

Re: My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? by olisasegun(m): 11:28am On Dec 21, 2015
Femite74:
One cannot deny the fact your not being out the country for once (even if it's to Ghana) is Not a very red flag. Westerners believe that no matter how busy you are, u are supposed to at one time or the other find time to go on holiday and take some rest. Pls visit any other country first, either for academic or leisure before you reapply. This would add to your home tie.

Thanks for the advice. However, I am just wondering if all other countries decide to use the same criteria, what happens then.

2 Likes

Re: My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? by Motherfucker2: 12:39pm On Dec 21, 2015
I noticed what was wrong in the mail you sent to the consulate.

Why do you tell them you have two cars ??
In America, they don't count cars as an achievement, anyone can own a car here.

1 Like

Re: My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 21, 2015
Motherfucker2:
I noticed what was wrong in the mail you sent to the consulate.

Why do you tell them you have two cars ??
In America, they don't count cars as an achievement, anyone can own a car here.
I noticed that too. In the US, unskilled workers drive expensive cars, and also buy expensive homes, all you need is a good credit rating, but that would still not be a reason for refusal. Perhaps he just trying to let the consulate know that he has no reason to immigrate to the US, but you can't really blame the entry clearance officer because they have seen it all.

They have seen very rich Nigerians immigrate illegally to their country, leaving important ties like jobs, properties, money e.t.c behind. They know all these things can be converted to cash, and Nigerians would do anything to leave Nigeria to access the good quality of life obtainable in developed countries.

I would advise the doc not to take it personal, I know wealthy lawyers (SANs) and multinational oil companies managers that were rejected US visit visas for reasons best known to the ECO's. I believe it's not about being comfortability in one's country of residence. The big hurdle to cross is that one is visiting a developed country from a third world country, and everyone is treated as a potential immigrant. The ECO's know money can't buy the most important things in life like health and life expectancy, and excellent standard of living.

Just like it was stated in the generic reply, the doc would have to try again after 90 days if he/she is still interested in visiting the US. I wish him/her the best.

4 Likes

Re: My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? by Motherfucker2: 4:28pm On Dec 21, 2015
saxywale:

I noticed that too. That would still not be a reason for refusal. Perhaps he just trying to let the consulate know that he has no reason to immigrate to the US, but you can't really blame the entry clearance officer because they have seen it all.

They have seen very rich Nigerians immigrate illegally to their country, leaving important ties like jobs, properties, money e.t.c behind. They know all these things can be converted to cash, and Nigerians would do anything to leave Nigeria to access the good quality of life obtainable in developed countries.

I would advise the doc not to take it personal, I know wealthy lawyers (SANs) and multinational oil companies managers that were rejected US visit visas. It's not about being comfortability in one's country of residence. The important factor is that one is visiting a developed country from a third world country, and everyone is treated as a potential immigrant. The ECO's know money can't buy the most important things in life like health and life expectancy, and excellent standard of living.

Just like it was stated in the generic reply, the doc would have to try again after 90 days if he/she is still interested in visiting the US.

You said it all
Re: My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 21, 2015
Quite arrogant, the tone of that email you sent to the Consulate. With that attitude, I would refuse you too (if I were a VO). What's with the sense of entitlement? Do you not know that a visa isn't a right but a privilege?

And since when did Resident Doctors become upper class in Nigeria? Even Surgeons/Consultants are not upper class talk more Residents.

Two cars? Property? Big deal. Let's even assume it's a big deal; what stops you from selling them off while remaining and overstaying your visa in the States?

Travel history is one of the important factors to the US consulate. If they refuse you because of lack of it, then work on it, wait for awhile before going back to them.

People with better portfolio than yours have been refused over and over. He who needs something must be humble to get it.

I do hope you have not been flagged on their system cos of this arrogant action. They won't tell you. They will just keep refusing your applications.

11 Likes

Re: My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? by virud: 6:16pm On Dec 21, 2015
Seems like it was a robot that replied your mail.
You were playing reggae, but they were busy dancing to hip hop. The complaints and the reply are world apart,
no resemblance of sync whatsoever.

4 Likes

Re: My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? by Khez: 9:18pm On Dec 21, 2015
The point raised was not adequately addressed.....

He was deviating
Re: My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? by olisasegun(m): 11:12pm On Dec 21, 2015
Phema:
I don't like the tone of the email you sent to the Consulate. I would refuse you too (if I were a VO). What's with the sense of entitlement? Do you not know that a visa isn't a right but a privilege?

And since when did Resident Doctors become upper class in Nigeria? Even Surgeons/Consultants are not upper class talk more Residents.

Two cars? Property? Big deal. Let's even assume it's a big deal; what stops you from selling them off while remaining and overstaying your visa in the States?

Travel history is one of the important factors to the US consulate. If they refuse you because of lack of it, then work on it, wait for awhile before going back to them.

People with better portfolio than yours have been refused over and over. He who needs something must be humble to get it.

I do hope you have not been flagged cos of this arrogant action. They won't tell you. They will just keep refusing your applications.

I don't get you. How do you expect the tone of the letter to be? You wanted me to beg and patronise the consulate in my letter of complaint?

The facts as mentioned above are the criteria ( properties, your monthly income, wife, children and previous travelling to preferably a western countries) required for successful visa application.History of travelling is not superior to others.

In fact, it was clearly stated there at embassy that as a first timer you will be given a chance. Besides, if you already made up your mind about a criterion what is the point in asking the group of applicants who failed to meet the criterion to come for the interview.

As for your outburst against resident doctors; must you drag down a group of professionals just to make a point. 'Senior registrar one' is at per with level 15 officer which is the level of a director in the ministry.

The letter was to group of people who valued their doctors and doctors at my level in US definitely belong to the upper class.

Concerning 'visa is not a right but a privilege' so is travelling to Niger or any other country in the world.

It doesn't matter really if I was flagged or not. When the time comes, my application will be successful.

Lastly, just because I wanted to travel to US for an academic conference, (not pleasure or business) doesn't mean I have to beg and roll on the floor to get it.

5 Likes

Re: My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? by dunk2011: 3:47am On Dec 22, 2015
Mr doctor ... i feel u pain ... but at the end of the day ..na their country. .they have the right to denial anyone visa ..even the president ....so u are nothin special.....

One of the bad guys that attacked us ...he was a very rich doctor from Saudi.....so get off yr high horse ...u can start by trying other countries. ...good luck

olisasegun:
Dear Consulate General,

My name is XYZ MD, a Medical Doctor working in a federal government hospital in Nigeria; I applied for an American non immigration visa and attended the interview on Tuesday (21/07/2015) at the Lagos consular office (Passport Number: A06712115 and Confirmation No: AA0054JJQO).

The purpose of which I intend to visit the US is both academic and humanitarian. I had planned to attend a medical conference themed “Difficult Fractures around the World” that will take place in Richland, Washington, September 16-19, 2015; a comprehensive discussion on treatment of difficult fractures all over the world.

SIGN (Surgical Implant General Network), the organizers and sponsors of this annual conference also give free intramedullary nail for treatment of poor patients with long bone fractures and I am fully involved in this free treatment in my country.

While waiting in one of the transient area at your embassy I noticed where it was boldly written that ‘we know some are nervous because this is their first visa interview, but they should be assured each applicant will be treated fairly and on their own merit’ (I might not have used the exact words!!).

However, to my greatest surprise the gentle lady who interviewed me appeared to lose interest when she realized I have not travelled before. She even used my supposedly strong points against me; monthly income and being a resident doctor.

She demanded to know why I have not travelled before despite my bulky monthly income, I told her I am very busy because of my training program as an Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon, the relevance she seemed not to understand. This I believed should have counted in my favor for the purposes of my US visa application. Moreover, the culture of travelling starts one day, why not with United States.

While studying the major criteria for granting of non immigrant visa: the purpose of travelling (mentioned above), ties in Nigeria that will ensure I return and the financial ability to afford the trip and stay in the United States and perhaps most importantly not being a risk to your country’s interests; I strongly believe my application should have been granted without issues.

I have a good and enviable career with Federal Medical Centre, a tertiary hospital and one of the best of its kind in Nigeria. My gross monthly a salary is #Bleep,Bleep (about $x,Bleep)

I am member of West Africa College of Surgeons and due for fellowship examination early next year after 6 years as a resident (This I would never jeopardize for an unknown future in the US). Even if am given stay permit in your country, it will take me a minimum of 10 years to get to where I am today in my country.

Additionally, I am married with two children, I have 2 cars and landed properties in two different towns (one of them is presently being developed). You can say I belong to upper class in my country, this is a comfort zone obtained after many years of hard work which I will never throw away.

Above all, I was never given the chance to discuss or prove most of these highlighted facts during the interview.

Lastly, I have devoted all my life to serving humanity and helping people get well. I have no family, or friends in the USA and I am definitely not flight or health risk. I believe I was not treated fairly.

Thank you.

Dr. XYZ

We do not have an appeal process. Applicants must wait at least ninety days to reapply. However, we strongly recommend that applicants only reapply if they believe that their circumstances have changed or they are able to present additional, compelling evidence of their socioeconomic ties to Nigeria or their reason for travel to the United States. Evidence may come in many forms, but when considered together, must be enough for the interviewing officer to conclude that the applicant's overall circumstances, including social, family, economic and other ties abroad, will compel him or her to leave the United States at the end of a temporary stay. “Ties” are the various aspects of life that bind one to one's place of residence, such as family relationships, employment and possessions. As each person’s situation is different, there is no single answer as to what constitutes adequate ties. Eligibility determinations for non-immigrant visa applications are made on the basis of the information presented by the applicant at the time of the interview. Refusals under Section 214(b) cannot be appealed or overturned, but they are not permanent. If the applicant is unable to establish eligibility to the satisfaction of the adjudicating officer, his or her only recourse is to reapply.

We regret any inconvenience this decision may have caused you. If you choose to reapply in the future, our practice is to have a different officer handle the interview if possible.

Sincerely,

US CONSULATE GENERAL
LAGOS, NIGERIA

Re: My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 5:43am On Dec 22, 2015
olisasegun:

I don't get you. How do you expect the tone of the letter to be? You wanted me to beg and patronise the consulate in my letter of complaint?

The facts as mentioned above are the criteria ( properties, your monthly income, wife, children and previous travelling to preferably a western countries) required for successful visa application.History of travelling is not superior to others.

In fact, it was clearly stated there at embassy that as a first timer you will be given a chance. Besides, if you already made up your mind about a criterion what is the point in asking the group of applicants who failed to meet the criterion to come for the interview.

As for your outburst against resident doctors; must you drag down a group of professionals just to make a point. 'Senior registrar one' is at per with level 15 officer which is the level of a director in the ministry.

The letter was to group of people who valued their doctors and doctors at my level in US definitely belong to the upper class.

Concerning 'visa is not a right but a privilege' so is travelling to Niger or any other country in the world.

It doesn't matter really if I was flagged or not. When the time comes, my application will be successful.

Lastly, just because I wanted to travel to US for an academic conference, (not pleasure or business) doesn't mean I have to beg and roll on the floor to get it.

The tone of the letter is that of entitlement. You are not entitled to a visa to any country. It is a privilege. If you are not given for a reason best known to them, then work on it instead of sending a 'ten paper' email which they obviously didn't bother reading, seeing that they sent you an automated/generic response. What does that tell you? They don't give a damn.

Resident Doctors being at par with level 15, so what? Since when did level 15 civil servants become upper class? A Director's basic salary cannot place him in the Nigerian upper class, except for the bonuses, grants and "back hand money" which you don't get as a Resident.

Here you go talking about Doctors in the US. Are you in the US? You specifically said you are in the upper class in Nigeria, Mr. You think the consulate don't know what makes one an upper class in Nigeria? You do know they interview all classes of people right?

As per their criteria for first timers. . . Every case is assessed differently. Many first timers have gotten US visa. In your case, the VO wasn't convinced enough to approve your visa. She wants you to have traveled to other places before applying to the US. If that is her decision, then take it in good fate and work towards it, or re-apply.

Oh, it obviously matters to you if you have been flagged. Or why did you write that epistle to the consulate in the first place?
Re: My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? by olisasegun(m): 8:49am On Dec 22, 2015
Phema:

The tone of the letter is that of entitlement. You are not entitled to a visa to any country. It is a privilege. If you are not given for a reason best known to them, then work on it instead of sending a 'ten paper' email which they obviously didn't bother reading, seeing that they sent you an automated/generic response. What does that tell you? They don't give a damn.

Resident Doctors being at par with level 15, so what? Since when did level 15 civil servants become upper class? A Director's basic salary cannot place him in the Nigerian upper class, except for the bonuses, grants and "back hand money" which you don't get as a Resident.

Here you go talking about a Doctors in the US. Are you in the US? You specifically said you are in the upper class in Nigeria, Mr. You think the consulate don't know what makes one an upper class in Nigeria? You do know they interview all classes of people right?

As per their criteria for first timers. . . Every case is assessed differently. Many first timers have gotten US. In your case, the VO wasn't convinced enough to approve your visa. She wants you to have travelled to other places before applying to the US. If that is her decision, then take it in good fate and work towards it, or re-apply.

Oh, it obviously matters to you if you have been flagged. Or why did you write that epistle to the consulate in the first place?

Really, how do you know the mail was not read? You think that I expected US embassy to manually reply me.

What do you achieve in insulting someone that asked you for advice or opinion about an issue.

I read other people opinions and advices, and they were without sarcasm, insults or any kind of derogatory remarks.

Ordinarily, I wouldn't have sent a complaint mail. This was an advice from the sponsor of the conference.

The mail was vetted by them and I copied them as advised by their contact.

I had seen a worse complaint by a friend who was subsequently advised to reapply and was given.

If you know you can't give advice without bullying people to submission then please stop.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? by cronsberg: 9:06am On Dec 22, 2015
Those western embassies don't have a nice and human reply system at all. If you are lucky to get a reply from them, its always cold and inhuman, like a we don't care attitude. The more reason why i dont blame people who migrate to their countries illegally, because they make it almost impossible to go to their countries the legal way. Just look at the Op situation, he got everything the embassy wanted, did everything the proper way, but was denied. why? As if migration and travelling is something bad or illegal. Open the borders, to hell with borders, to hell with nations, no human being is illegal cool

And to the guy who was saying being granted a visa is a priviledge and not a right. You are wrong buddy, the only reason for a visa is to ascertain that you are not a dangerous criminal, other than that, migration, travelling, mobility, freedom e.t.c are foundamental human rights

2 Likes

Re: My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? by claremont(m): 1:48pm On Dec 22, 2015
A letter of complaint is usually written to complain against inability to get an entitlement and/or been treated unfairly. A visa is not an entitlement. In order to demonstrate fairness, the onus is on he who claims to have been unfairly treated to prove it using his/her fellow human beings as comparators.

@OP: Your social status is not enough for them to give you a visa. You have to demonstrate that you have no intention to emigrate.

3 Likes

Re: My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
Op, try to go to dubai, south africa etc with your family before reapplying.
Re: My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? by olisasegun(m): 9:58am On Dec 24, 2015
SimonPeters2020:
Op, try to go to dubai, south africa etc with your family before reapplying.
Thanks for the advice
Re: My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 24, 2015
Haha.

They gave you a generic reply. Your visa category is not one of entitlement hence it has no appeal.

All those things you listed are not absolutely necessary to grant you a visa.

Its the VOs discretion every time so even if others complained before and reapplied and got it was not because of their complaint it was the VOs discretion.

In your case the VO judged you as a flight risk. Since it was mentioned in your transcript ensure you travel to other places for conferences and on vacation before you reapply. That way your 'circumstances' would have changed from the previous application.

Please don't come across as if they owe you.
Phema did not insult you she just gave her opinion.

By the way I have applied for visas for two separate countries when I had under 300k to my name no job single no property no kids no family ties. I still got the visas because my previous travel history showed I'm not a flight risk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 15, 2017
Mynd44 come and read fast oh shocked shocked grin grin
Re: My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? by gentleiphy: 5:46am On Jun 22, 2017
olisasegun:
Dear Consulate General,

Thank you.

Dr. XYZ

Sincerely,

US CONSULATE GENERAL
LAGOS, NIGERIA

I know this is an old story but some reading now can still pick some few things from my contribution.Sorry for the visa denial Doctor...i appreciate the fact you took your time to write them a mail to register your dissatisfaction with the reason given for your visa denial and the auto response you got too which is the usual response to everybody that has been denied and wrote them.I want to also say that our Doctor here has the right to express his anger and also do the US visa officers has right to deny and approve visa to whoever they want to...like some one rightly said..visa approval is not a right..any country can decide on who enters and leave their country especially if you are from the third world country you are seen as a potential run away regardless of your earning or income bracket after all okonjo iweala dem and chimanda adichies are all resident in the US because the US offers more than 200% what Nigeria can never offer in any time soon..

I also want to say here that there is nothing wrong with the Doctors non travel history..i have always told people that in Nigeria .US visa officers approve or deny visa based on their mood and not about any ties or not or travel history..personal experience...my cousin who graduated from school after service no job for 2yrs decided to give a trial to US embassy for visa...he has never crossed cotonou and therefore does not even have a passport..he got his passport 4 months prior to attending his visa interview...he was single and a young boy...three things here...no job..not married...never traveled before and no intention of coming back if granted visa..what happened,,he was given 2yrs visa and that ended the story..the rest is history as he has his green card now.

Now on my own personal experience,i worked with the Maritime,i earn a high income,i have traveled to 13 European countries,4 Asian,3 south american,middle east and around Africa both for work,vacations and world cups and nation cups..3 months after returning from Germany,i had a conference to attend in New York,i paid for my conference got all application for visa sent and went for interview...female VO picked my two passports leafed through all the pages saw all valid visas and travel dates and asked me i was in Germany last 3 months i said yes,she asked for the purpose i told her for work,she said she noticed i have traveled to so many countries and for what,i told her for work,vacation with my family and for sports events...she asked further if i have family i said yes..she smiled and said..sorry you are not qualified to enter the US..i smiled thanked her and left without anger because i know she has right to deny and approve my application...it saved me flight cost and accomodation as i got refund for the conference though...as that time i went for that interview my Canada PR application was almost through as i had done my medicals...so i never gave the denial a thought..

Fast forward to me arriving Canada with my family and after 5 months i went back to the US embassy here in Canada,now i was not asked questions about anything,i was only asked my status in canada and where i wanted to visit on a tourism..i mentioned,the vo laughed and started suggesting to me other places in the US i can visit to have quality time...she even told me i was denied visa back in Nigeria some months and i said yes and she said that wont be anymore..i was given 10yrs visa.

The point is applying for US visa from a 3rd world country is just a matter of VO mood as we all are seen as potential run aways..so Doctor dont see the denial as anything whether you met with the ties they so much talk about or not..if you still want to go for your conference wait a bit and apply again...a happy visa officer may be your interviewer and you will get your visa...i have seen people who got visa just because it was the VO birthday and she was so excited and happy reminding every applicant on her window it was her birthday..

So please apply again when you are ready.

10 Likes

Re: My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? by aions: 9:10am On Jun 22, 2017
you sometimes, getting things done alone arise unwanted circumstance, the issue of your denial may not actually because the lady does not take interest in being the first time you are traveling or so....
my advice is to go through an angel agency that will help procure your visa for you when next you are reapplying..do not attempt to reapply yourself to avoid this kind of mess or future occurrence
Re: My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? by czaratwork: 11:42am On Jun 22, 2017
gentleiphy i know you from canadavisa.com forum. i just got my COPR/VISA on the 2nd June despite being 2014 applicant. Thank god it ended well. which city are you now?
gentleiphy:

I know this is an old story but some reading now can still pick some few things from my contribution.Sorry for the visa denial Doctor...i appreciate the fact you took your time to write them a mail to register your dissatisfaction with the reason given for your visa denial and the auto response you got too which is the usual response to everybody that has been denied and wrote them.I want to also say that our Doctor here has the right to express his anger and also do the US visa officers has right to deny and approve visa to whoever they want to...like some one rightly said..visa approval is not a right..any country can decide on who enters and leave their country especially if you are from the third world country you are seen as a potential run away regardless of your earning or income bracket after all okonjo iweala dem and chimanda adichies are all resident in the US because the US offers more than 200% what Nigeria can never offer in any time soon..

I also want to say here that there is nothing wrong with the Doctors non travel history..i have always told people that in Nigeria .US visa officers approve or deny visa based on their mood and not about any ties or not or travel history..personal experience...my cousin who graduated from school after service no job for 2yrs decided to give a trial to US embassy for visa...he has never crossed cotonou and therefore does not even have a passport..he got his passport 4 months prior to attending his visa interview...he was single and a young boy...three things here...no job..not married...never traveled before and no intention of coming back if granted visa..what happened,,he was given 2yrs visa and that ended the story..the rest is history as he has his green card now.

Now on my own personal experience,i worked with the Maritime,i earn a high income,i have traveled to 13 European countries,4 Asian,3 south american,middle east and around Africa both for work,vacations and world cups and nation cups..3 months after returning from Germany,i had a conference to attend in New York,i paid for my conference got all application for visa sent and went for interview...female VO picked my two passports leafed through all the pages saw all valid visas and travel dates and asked me i was in Germany last 3 months i said yes,she asked for the purpose i told her for work,she said she noticed i have traveled to so many countries and for what,i told her for work,vacation with my family and for sports events...she asked further if i have family i said yes..she smiled and said..sorry you are not qualified to enter the US..i smiled thanked her and left without anger because i know she has right to deny and approve my application...it saved me flight cost and accomodation as i got refund for the conference though...as that time i went for that interview my Canada PR application was almost through as i had done my medicals...so i never gave the denial a thought..

Fast forward to me arriving Canada with my family and after 5 months i went back to the US embassy here in Canada,now i was not asked questions about anything,i was only asked my status in canada and where i wanted to visit on a tourism..i mentioned,the vo laughed and started suggesting to me other places in the US i can visit to have quality time...she even told me i was denied visa back in Nigeria some months and i said yes and she said that wont be anymore..i was given 10yrs visa.

The point is applying for US visa from a 3rd world country is just a matter of VO mood as we all are seen as potential run aways..so Doctor dont see the denial as anything whether you met with the ties they so much talk about or not..if you still want to go for your conference wait a bit and apply again...a happy visa officer may be your interviewer and you will get your visa...i have seen people who got visa just because it was the VO birthday and she was so excited and happy reminding every applicant on her window it was her birthday..

So please apply again when you are ready.
Re: My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think? by gentleiphy: 12:42am On Jun 23, 2017
czaratwork:
gentleiphy i know you from canadavisa.com forum. i just got my COPR/VISA on the 2nd June despite being 2014 applicant. Thank god it ended well. which city are you now?

wow...congrats bro...it has ended in praise...we have been praying for you guy the remainder of the 2014 fswp..welcome to Canada bro.Send me a mail in the canadavisa.com let me gibe you my phone number.or if you can drop me a pm here on nairaland good.

Congrats once more.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Ways To Meet Your 2018 Travel Goals / Is Your Nigerian Passport Cancelled? / Canada Immigration Lawyer David Cohen Helps Nigerians Get Permanent Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.