Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,510 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Difference Btw Le And Ce - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Difference Btw Le And Ce (13994 Views)

BUY ANY OF THESE CAMRY 2010 XLE, 09 CAMRY LE AND 05 CAMRY LE / 5 units of toyota Corolla (ce, Le And S) / The Difference Between Toyota Camry Se, Ce, Le And Xle Editions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Btw Le And Ce by tundysho(m): 5:07pm On Jan 07, 2008
Hi guys

Could someome tell me the major differences btw camry 1999 LE and camry 1999 CE
Re: Difference Btw Le And Ce by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 07, 2008
LE / CE are trim levels.

The "LE" sits below the "XLE", and the "CE" is an entry-level trim.

Generally, buying a "basic" spec model is fine, if you can do without the "extras". Should you later choose to add some of the features from the more specc'd versions, they'll cost a lot more than you were trying to save in the first place,
Re: Difference Btw Le And Ce by proo212(m): 1:00am On Jan 08, 2008
Nice One Mr Siena,

Once you reply to a post I know it's a done deal.

cool

Just thought I mention it,
Re: Difference Btw Le And Ce by adechuks(m): 8:40am On Jan 08, 2008
Siena is the ultimate wikipedia for cars.
Concise, accurate, without the arrogance.
He's like watching "Top Gear" in 3 minutes.
I doff my niger-delta cap.
Re: Difference Btw Le And Ce by abbyode(m): 8:59am On Jan 08, 2008
I just dont know the kind of auto guru Siena is.
Mennnn, dat guy sabi cars no be small.
Please can u recommend any site, materials or books for people like us who will like to be like u?
U are a "G" when it comes to cars.
rgds,
Re: Difference Btw Le And Ce by proo212(m): 1:43pm On Jan 08, 2008
The only magazines I ever buy are car magazines both in German and English as I have been into cars since I was a kid. But I am no Engineer nor do I work with cars, just very passionate about them. I guess that is where Siena comes in. From what I gather he also works on/with them. You cannot beat that!

I constantly look forward to his posts

I don't miss TopGear, Fifth Gear, Vroom Vroom, MotorVision (German), AutoMotor Und Sport (German)

Internet Sites that I visit constantly/prefer. I am sure there better sites but these are enough or I might get the sack from work for spending too much time on these sites

TopGear.com, AutoExpress.co.uk, Autoblog.com, Motorauthority.com
Re: Difference Btw Le And Ce by tundysho(m): 7:05pm On Jan 12, 2008
Mr siena could you be a little more explicit about the major differences about the 2 models

I realy dont understand your drift

Talk in terms of engine,interior, and other stuff
Siena:

LE / CE are trim levels.

The "LE" sits below the "XLE", and the "CE" is an entry-level trim.

Generally, buying a "basic" spec model is fine, if you can do without the "extras". Should you later choose to add some of the features from the more specc'd versions, they'll cost a lot more than you were trying to save in the first place,
Re: Difference Btw Le And Ce by cybersleek(m): 8:11pm On Jan 12, 2008
Hi peeps,

Like my man siena said, le/ce are just trim levels and the difference is usually in equipment package and extras depending on what market the car is from. The top of the range models are usually the xle and se which are just with extras like all electrics, stiffer suspension for the se and some other jara's while the dx or what have you are base models with manual this and that, cloth upholstery and the like, so i guess it also depends on your pocket as the xle/se models are usually a few grand dearer than the non upmarket edition, i guess that has managed to answer a bit of your question.

1 Like

Re: Difference Btw Le And Ce by tundysho(m): 7:52pm On Jan 15, 2008
Thanks alot cybersleek but that reaLY DIDNT ANSWER MY QUESTION

What i am asking is the differnce btw the LE and CE versions of camry 1999,talking interms of the specific features of the 2 models,what does LE has and CE doesnt and vice versa,
cybersleek:

Hi peeps,

Like my man siena said, le/ce are just trim levels and the difference is usually in equipment package and extras depending on what market the car is from. The top of the range models are usually the xle and se which are just with extras like all electrics, stiffer suspension for the se and some other jara's while the dx or what have you are base models with manual this and that, cloth upholstery and the like, so i guess it also depends on your pocket as the xle/se models are usually a few grand dearer than the non upmarket edition, i guess that has managed to answer a bit of your question.
just LE and CE NOT XLE and others
Re: Difference Btw Le And Ce by cybersleek(m): 12:27am On Jan 16, 2008
Hi Tundysho,

Its very difficult to tell you specifically what a car would carry or not carry, but most likely your le would have a leather upholstery as opposed to fabric in the base model, and you can expect the full electric pack in the le as opposed to the ce still. So i guess that helps a bit.
Re: Difference Btw Le And Ce by Nobody: 12:45am On Jan 16, 2008
Tundy, there's no cut-and-dried answer to your query.

The trim levels you've mentioned may have different meanings, and include different options, depending on the country the car's supplied in.

Receiving dealerships could also have "extra's" fitted to a base model, which the original would normally not have. These extra's might NOT even be available on the trim level that sits directly above it, probably fitted as standard to the range-topper.

For example, the LE could have Sat Nav as standard, but it's quite possible for a client to decide he / she would rather have heated leather seats, in lieu of the navigation system.

So, it really depends. The only way to get an accurate answer is to pick up a brochure, and it would tell you what a particular trim level had fitted as standard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Difference Btw Le And Ce by sultaan(m): 5:01pm On Jan 16, 2008
If you need any info on any car check MNSauto
Fro 1999 Camry look at this link
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Spec_Glance.aspx?year=1999&make=Toyota&model=Camry&trimid=-1

If you don't understand what they mean by things being optional/standard on trims, it means it somethings always come with a trim(std), and some can be added at additional cost(opt)
Re: Difference Btw Le And Ce by tundysho(m): 12:01am On Jan 17, 2008
YES! that e
sultaan:

If you need any info on any car check MNSauto
Fro 1999 Camry look at this link
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Spec_Glance.aspx?year=1999&make=Toyota&model=Camry&trimid=-1

If you don't understand what they mean by things being optional/standard on trims, it means it somethings always come with a trim(std), and some can be added at additional cost(opt)
xactly what am looking for .Sultaan you re the man

Thanks a million
Re: Difference Btw Le And Ce by Panache(m): 10:59am On Jan 19, 2008
The XLE is the top of the line for Toyota usually comes with Leather, it is similar to EX for Honda and GLE for Nissan.

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Car Insurance In Nigeria -honda Civic 1.8 Brand New / Affordable Tokunbo Cars / Osun State Government Pardons Vehicle Owners Who Violated The Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.