Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,024 members, 7,956,793 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:08 PM

New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day (14399 Views)

2014 Hyundai Accent Brand New Auto Trans 2.9 M / Welcome To New Auto Section / Inspired Men!jenju!all Sellers Click Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by inspiredm(m): 9:32pm On Dec 20, 2010
[b]Dear Auto Dealer/Seller,

It has come to our attention that some Sellers/Dealers on the Auto Section take delight in posting their whole auto adverts on a daily basis and choose to replicate them one thread at a time to create more attention and acquire space time. Nairaland Auto section users have complained furiously since this is akin to spamming the boards and hereby pushing down important auto related articles that are relevant, In Light of this, the Admin has created a new board whereby Auto dealers/sellers that post more than 3 threads a day can post their full Auto adverts alone daily at your own cost, time and pleasure without disturbing the other pleasures of other Nairaland Auto section users.

Please be warned that any one who violate this rule would lead to an instant ban because a new medium has been created soley for your adverts.

Hence forth all multiple Auto adverts will be thoroughly scrutinized and any seller/dealer who flouts this rule and is reported will be banned.

Endeavor to use the Bulk Auto adverts section more and leave the main Auto threads for discussions, articles and meaningful contributions.

Please, Sellers/Dealers are Implored to Heed this advice so as to steer clear of the possible sanctions that awaits Violators.

Link to the Bulk Auto Section Dealer section https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/board-73.0.html[/b]

Thanks

Inspired_m
Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by BizBooks(m): 10:17pm On Dec 20, 2010
@ Inspired,

Congratulations on becoming a moderator and thank you for this wonderful news. It is long overdue.

On November 22, 2010, I wrote an article titled "Who Will Save The Auto Section?". Unfortunately, it received little attention. But I'm glad something has now been done to rescue the Auto Section. The artilce can be seen at the link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-555075.0.html
Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by carsNcars: 10:30pm On Dec 20, 2010
its really annoying when some pple post a long list 10 threads simultaneously, its just smear of pure greed. This new medium is welcome.
Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by anthonyeky: 11:20pm On Dec 20, 2010
Hello, Nairaland, I Have a problem, I just updated my post and in some hours i could not see any of my post that i just updated why I don't know why plssss someone should help me out of this mess plssssss, where are the official here talk to me plssssss, i need a solution to this problem fast thanks.

anthonyeky
Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by inspiredm(m): 11:28pm On Dec 20, 2010
anthonyeky:

Hello,  Nairaland, I Have a problem, I just updated my post and in some hours i could not see any of my post that i just updated why I don't know why plssss someone should help me out of this mess plssssss, where are the official here talk to me plssssss, i need a solution to this problem fast thanks.

anthonyeky

Anthonykey,

Your adverts are not missen, They have been moved to the Sub Forum of the Auto section where they NOW rightly belong.

You are Only Entitled to 3 adverts Per day on the Auto Section, All other adverts are to be Posted in the Bulk Dealers Adverts section

This is the Link https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/board-73.0.html

If you post more than 3 adverts per day on the Auto section, You will be sanctioned.

Happy Sales.
Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by anthonyeky: 11:36pm On Dec 20, 2010
How will visitor in naira land see our post, for those who don't know about the bulk auto advert, how well dey see our ad and have this new policy gone round, and this policy is suppose to be applied in all section of nairaland, plsss you guys should do something about this and make the announcement in all section of nairaland. thanks

Anthonyeky
Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by inspiredm(m): 11:50pm On Dec 20, 2010
anthonyeky:

How will visitor in naira land see our post, for those who don't know about the bulk auto advert, how well dey see our ad and have this new policy gone round, and this policy is suppose to be applied in all section of nairaland, plsss you guys should do something about this and make the announcement in all section of nairaland. thanks

Anthonyeky

Anthonykey,

Its easy and conspicuous for members and visitors to navigate to the Bulk Auto Adverts Sub Section of the Auto Section

Below is a Pictorial Illustration, Watch the Red Arrow Points is the Clickable Icon that leads to the Bulk Auto Section.

Its Conspicuously placed on the Front Page of the Auto Section

Thanks

Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by anthonyeky: 12:22am On Dec 21, 2010
Thanks for that information, Na you be the ogaaaa oooo, Take care!!!
Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by german007(m): 2:20am On Dec 21, 2010
Inspired.

Congrats on your appointment as a Moderator, and kudos to you on your newly enforced rule.

Well done and God bless.

cool
Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by sonety2k(m): 4:32am On Dec 21, 2010
@ BABA OLOYE INSPIRED ,

Congratulations on your new TITLE as Moderator of our Auto Section , more Blessing ,
Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by Tadeus(m): 8:07am On Dec 21, 2010
@ inspired_m

CONGRATULATION

Great work, well done bro, everybody have been facing this problem also but thank God that you came up with this idea.

Also I will like to ask for your favor to help me shift one of my important post back to AUTO section, I did not notice the instruction on time but this morning, I was searching for my post and unfortunately i realised that my post have been moved from auto to bulk auto.

below is the link to the post

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-280894.0.html

I will really appreciate your urgent response

Tadeus

Regards[url][/url]
Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by inspiredm(m): 8:27am On Dec 21, 2010
Tadeus:

Also I will like to ask for your favor to help me shift one of my important post back to AUTO section, I did not notice the instruction on time but this morning, I was searching for my post and unfortunately i realised that my post have been moved from auto to bulk auto.

below is the link to the post

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-280894.2176.html#msg7379207

I will really appreciate your urgent response

Tadeus

Regards

Mr Tadeus,

You have about 4 Topics Related and Pointing towards the same Cotonou Purchase

Below are the list of your topics in Red.

WANT TO SHIP YOUR CARS VIA COTONUO PORT TO NAIJA FROM ABROAD PLUS ADVISE

COTONOU CARS BUYERS FORUM, ORDER FOR YOU CAR(S) NOW

BUY VERY CLEAN AND PERFECT CAR(S) FROM COTONUO AT AFFORDABLE PRICE

TELL US YOUR BUDGET 4 YOUR DREAMZ CAR(S) AND LETS GET IT 4 YOU FROM COTONUO,

Ill advise you consolidate them into One or Two Topics so as not to Spam the Board, I have Left One of the Topics on the Auto Section and Moved the Others to the Auto Adverts Bulk Section.

Happy Sales
Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by eghehibor: 8:37am On Dec 21, 2010
just another quick question, when i make a comment on more than 3 of my topics in the auto section, is that a violation, and will those topics be automatically moved to the bulk auto section?

And how can i move my topics to the bulk auto section?
Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by inspiredm(m): 8:46am On Dec 21, 2010
eghehibor:

just another quick question, when i make a comment on more than 3 of my topics in the auto section, is that a violation, and will those topics be automatically moved to the bulk auto section?

And how can i move my topics to the bulk auto section?

You are allowed to 3 Threads per day, You make make more than 3 Posts on them Per day,

However, Let us be rational in our postings, The Main Idea is not to spam the board and to give rooms for Important discussions.

The Bulk Advert Section is dedicated to as much adverts, posts and thread as you may wish.

Thanks
Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by eghehibor: 8:51am On Dec 21, 2010
inspired_m, Thank you for the good work.

but you may need to find a way to get more publicity for this bulk section, cus potential buyers will not be aware of it.

Thanks again.
Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by inspiredsPA: 11:11am On Dec 21, 2010
Congratulations, Boss!
Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by Onwan: 11:51am On Dec 21, 2010
I think it will be proper IF this kind of move is made based on repeated adverts taking up memory space at the website's hosting server level.

It is also possible to fish out repeated adverts and remove them (IF its really a bother - I have not really noticed much of this anyway), what I notice (which is very normal) is that dealers occasionally post a brief message or a reminder on the same thread just to bring it back up.

Looking at the thread inspired_m started back there, in my opinion, its a very wrong move and appears more like a bias (I'm looking at it from the view point that he is a dealer too)

There is nothing like "bulk" auto adverts, we want the whole of Berger online so we can make our choice and at the same time discuss issues relating to vehicles too.

I think the division (which looks like a way of reducing chances of viewers seeing cars advertized by dealers with many cars) removes the whole essence of the Auto section.

If there should be a new sub-board, I think it should be for foreign auction (live), pre-order, right-hand drive and foreign based salvage titled vehicles. That will be innovative and helpful to educate and give intending customers a broader view and variety of non-Nigerian located vehicles.

I think this move should be reconsidered and someone like eghehibor should be allowed to sell and advertise his cars in this section (he has an amazing database of cars at a very competitive pricing too)

For me its a very wrong move.
Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by anthonyeky: 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2010
I noticed that the new law are not followed well and said, i was checking out some post a d still see people with four to five post on the auto post, why didnt u move the person post to the bulk post. This is not fear at all. Any rules they bring out the rule creator should follow it up well okay, thanks
Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by BizBooks(m): 12:26pm On Dec 21, 2010
@ Anthonyeky,

You are right. There are still dealers with more than 3 ads. It is possible they are not yet aware of the new rule. The job of moderating is not easy. All we have to do is bring such offenders to Inspired's attention whenever we see them.

@ Inspired PA,

Do you moderator powers? If so, please help in restoring order in Inspired's absence.
Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by mastro: 12:58pm On Dec 21, 2010
all I can say is thank you,

Seriously I think it will make this forum a much friendlier place and actually increase traffic.

For all the bulk dealers, why not have a single post listing all the cars you have for sale ,a single picture and a link to each one on the bulk board, so for example  

CARS by DEALER

2010 Rolls Royce Ghost, toks N34m
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-56798.0.html
Single picture,

2011 Honda Accord N2.1m
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-5346798.0.html
single picture

etc, then edit and added any new cars once or twice a day to the top

But to be honest deales shouldn't really be complaining, the forum is free, how many of you have sold a car here then donated even N1000 to Seun and Nairaland you are lucky he doesn't charge per advert.
Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by Consensus: 1:04pm On Dec 21, 2010
My Opinion. The three Post per day rule is a very good idea. Posting 4 or 5 isn't too far off, But posting up to 25 threads at the same time is taking it too too far and excessive. Maybe a good idea if some dealers don't own their own personal website (like Viperman does) is to merge all your car on one thread,
Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by Carshopper(m): 2:42pm On Dec 21, 2010
@mastro

9ce contribution. another wld b dis - every "big" dealer create a single thread like - "The Carshop Online Store" and use that single thread to list any vehicle you want to list, instead of alwys having to "post a new topic" differently, you cn alwys "add" any new listing to your "Store" thread n each visitor cn locate all your listing in one "store"

like Onwan said "there is nothing like bulk ads" we want to see the whole of lagos autos online- but then we hve to b organised n civil in doing so. we have to make navigation witin nairaland pages easy n hve to keep threads of each individual compact.

Moderators wld hve asked for suggestions or inputs b4 establishing a law- like sum1 posted "he cant find his thread". every1 has to b in d "know" of changes cus nairaland autos is unique and growing by the hour.
Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by Tadeus(m): 3:41pm On Dec 21, 2010
@ Inspired_m

You have about 4 Topics Related and Pointing towards the same Cotonou Purchase

Below are the list of your topics in Red.

WANT TO SHIP YOUR CARS VIA COTONUO PORT TO NAIJA FROM ABROAD PLUS ADVISE

COTONOU CARS BUYERS FORUM, ORDER FOR YOU CAR(S) NOW

BUY VERY CLEAN AND PERFECT CAR(S) FROM COTONUO AT AFFORDABLE PRICE

TELL US YOUR BUDGET 4 YOUR DREAMZ CAR(S) AND LETS GET IT 4 YOU FROM COTONUO,

Ill advise you consolidate them into One or Two Topics so as not to Spam the Board, I have Left One of the Topics on the Auto Section and Moved the Others to the Auto Adverts Bulk Section.

Happy Sales

Its due what we are experience on Auto section that leads to the idea of creating more than two post, but now that we have new rules now, I have agreed with you to maintain two post.

Please allow my second post which is strictly based on clearing of shipped cars at cotonuo's port

Below is the link

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-280894.0.html

Tadeus

Regards
Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by anthonyeky: 3:45pm On Dec 21, 2010
@ Inspired_m

I want you to know this again, That your rules are not followed by the member of the auto section, We still have other dealer or seller make up to five to six post per day oga, Plsss do something about that okay, And make better advert on the new development okay, thanks and take care.
Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by blank(f): 4:11pm On Dec 21, 2010
I think ALL adverts shld be moved 2 d child board n only discussion threads should be left in d main board. That's my suggestion.
Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by inspiredm(m): 4:53pm On Dec 21, 2010
anthonyeky:

@ Inspired_m

I want you to know this again, That your rules are not followed by the member of the auto section, We still have other dealer or seller make up to five to six post per day oga, Plsss do something about that okay, And make better advert on the new development okay, thanks and take care.

Im assuring you that Anytime Im online, Ill do the Needful to enforce the rule and move the Violating Threads to the Appropriate section.
If you see any poster that violates the rule, you can post it on here and ill take care of it.
Lets make this Auto section the best it can be.
Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by blank(f): 5:18pm On Dec 21, 2010
Its cumbersome having 2 negotiate 2 boards while searching 4 a car. Can't all the adverts be consolidated into one board? Its annoying.
Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by inspiredm(m): 5:41pm On Dec 21, 2010
The Autos Section is NOT the First Section on Nairaland to have a Child Board for Bulk Adverts, Its been Ran and tested On the Property Section When they had the same Problem of Few Sellers Dominating and Replicating Topics Indiscriminately just to stay on the Front Page of the Board.

The Result on the Property Section was Successful and the Admin thought it Right to Implement same on the Autos section.
Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by DAY12(m): 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2010
^^^

Good Job dia !
Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by Busybody2(f): 8:42pm On Dec 21, 2010
Na wa oh, you too, is the credit crunch to blame too undecided lipsrsealed cool
Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by viperman: 8:56pm On Dec 21, 2010
[size=18pt]@Inspired, Monitor_1 & Seun[/size]

Well, at least i have spoken my mind here,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-572205.0.html

As you know, i have my own website, I'm already a BRAND, and can afford to build further on that, but for the sakes of the UPCOMING DEALERS , I'm still wondering why this retrogressive initiative? because, all i can see all over the forum is STILL adverts of VARIOUS SORTS e.g. Pre-order adverts, shipping adverts and car sales Ads, so i'm still wondering why car sale Ads(which is the main driver and sustainer of this section) is being relegated to the back-ground.

If you feel some other dealers are dominating the front pages, then rather than instigate this; why not follow the reasonable & constructive advices contributors have given you and seun/monitor on both threads, and do what is logical by instituting a law that enforces posters to aggregate this postings e.g WHAT I DID HERE>>.

Besides, this is a market however you see it, Whoever can convince a buyer to come into their shop in a market MIGHT make a sale, but its the one with the BEST PRICE and WHAT THE CUSTOMER WANTS that will always make the sale. So it doesn't REALLY matter who's thread is in the first page or 25th page, it's who has what a particular customer wants that will make the sale.
So let the dealers who have time bump-up as many of THIER threads as they can, and those with fewer threads bump-up theirs WHEN they can.

mastro:

Seriously I think it will make this forum a much friendlier place and actually increase traffic.
But to be honest deales shouldn't really be complaining, the forum is free, how many of you have sold a car here then donated even N1000 to Seun and Nairaland [size=18pt]you are lucky [/size] he doesn't charge per advert.

Young man, learn to allow wisdom guide your speeches(posts)  
Do you not know that seun makes money from the traffic we( the dealers & other members who refer people ON THE STREETS here) drive here??
Now go to google and type in this "making money with google adwords and adsense", then know why he needs 'you' as much as you need his site.
Re: New Auto Section Rule : To All Sellers Posting More Than 3 Adverts Per Day by Nobody: 1:00am On Dec 22, 2010
In my humble opinion, this is a very welcome move, and more than overdue. Sifting through 20 cars from the same trader daily, to find other posts that may be more relevant to one, can be more than frustrating. It's not uncommon to find over the course of 10 minutes, a particular sales thread's relentlessly 'bumped', with nothing useful added, bar meaningless emoticons, or, 'available', 'still here', 'going', 'on sale' etc.

Hopefully this new move will make the Auto board easier to use, both for traders and car enthusiasts alike.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Confirm The Genuineness Of Your Tinted Glass Permit / VW Tiguan 2010 SUV Clean Used....1.7m!!!SOLD / Difference Btw Le And Ce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.