Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Bank Loan - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank Loan (1978 Views)

I Be Slave To Bank Loan / How To Re-Negotiate A Bad Bank Loan / Would You Buy A Car With A Bank Loan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank Loan by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 08, 2012
Just like many other Nigerians, I have always believed in working hard to raise my seed Capitals, but of recent, I have decided that its necessary to venture into greater risks of the investment worlds by accepting credit facilities from the banks. I do have requirement to secure loan facilities, but I wanna know which banks in Nigeria offer;
- the least interest rate
- the longest moratorium and
- the longest duration of repayments.

Thanks for anticipated responses.
Re: Bank Loan by stagger: 10:12am On Sep 08, 2012
True billionaires do not need bank loans. But if you are indeed one, what stops you from going to the headquarters of any bank of your liking and demand to see the MD of that bank? That is after opening an account and depositing some of your billions in that account? Then you will get all the info you want.

After all, there are no other billionaires here..
Re: Bank Loan by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 08, 2012
stagger: True billionaires do not need bank loans. But if you are indeed one, what stops you from going to the headquarters of any bank of your liking and demand to see the MD of that bank? That is after opening an account and depositing some of your billions in that account? Then you will get all the info you want.

After all, there are no other billionaires here..
You are so wrong bro, ofcourse one can be comfortable with one's resources as a billionaire, but the trend is different, you think of controlling technologies and controlling the users of techies and who says its bad to plan to be a trillionaire in the days Naira is losing its value. What If I am aspiring for the Forbes. I guess I got to stop here and admit, you have nothing to offer.
Re: Bank Loan by stagger: 2:54pm On Sep 09, 2012
The point of my post is this:

In Nigeria, there is way things are done, and if you are a true bilionaire businessman, you would be familiar with how the likes of Jimoh Ibrahim operate. You use your assets or cash collateral to create a larger than life image that can cause the knees of any bank CEO to wobble.

If for instance, I have N300million in a personal bank account and N1bn in assets, I can walk into any bank in Naija and secure the kind of loan you are asking. If you recollect, 5 banks provided Femi Otedola with the billions he used in expanding his holdings in AP and his shipping and oil interests.

It is not on Nairaland that such things happen. I am not a billionaire, but with what I have, banks come to my door in Abuja asking to do business with me and provide me with a lending relationship, which I have always turned down because I do not need loans.

At the moment, I am working on bringing a world class academic institution to Nigeria. They were the ones even asking me for the relationship. There is a way you will position yourself and these things will be coming to you, not you running to them.

You may feel I have nothing to offer you, but if you really know the kind of weight I can pull, you will be very surprised.

There are people who control things because of their money. Strip them of that money and they are nothing. There are others who control things including money, and can make things happen as a result of what they have upstairs. Strip them of money, they will create more of it in a short while.

I am sure you get my drift.

3 Likes

Re: Bank Loan by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 09, 2012
stagger: The point of my post is this:

In Nigeria, there is way things are done, and if you are a true bilionaire businessman, you would be familiar with how the likes of Jimoh Ibrahim operate. You use your assets or cash collateral to create a larger than life image that can cause the knees of any bank CEO to wobble.

If for instance, I have N300million in a personal bank account and N1bn in assets, I can walk into any bank in Naija and secure the kind of loan you are asking. If you recollect, 5 banks provided Femi Otedola with the billions he used in expanding his holdings in AP and his shipping and oil interests.

It is not on Nairaland that such things happen. I am not a billionaire, but with what I have, banks come to my door in Abuja asking to do business with me and provide me with a lending relationship, which I have always turned down because I do not need loans.

At the moment, I am working on bringing a world class academic institution to Nigeria. They were the ones even asking me for the relationship. There is a way you will position yourself and these things will be coming to you, not you running to them.

You may feel I have nothing to offer you, but if you really know the kind of weight I can pull, you will be very surprised.

There are people who control things because of their money. Strip them of that money and they are nothing. There are others who control things including money, and can make things happen as a result of what they have upstairs. Strip them of money, they will create more of it in a short while.

Yes, I get your drift but you are telling me the things I already know and not answering my post.
I do have requirement to secure loan facilities, but I wanna know which banks in Nigeria offer;

Re: Bank Loan by Delafruita(m): 5:16pm On Sep 10, 2012
Billyonaire: Yes, I get your drift but you are telling me the things I already know and not answering my post.
I do have requirement to secure loan facilities, but I wanna know which banks in Nigeria offer;

almost all the banks offer the same rates and same conditions.
Re: Bank Loan by rasputinn(m): 8:50am On Sep 11, 2012
[quote author=stagger]True billionaires do not need bank loans.quote]

Stop that joke NOW
Re: Bank Loan by 2sexy(m): 11:43am On Sep 11, 2012

Stagger... I dey stagger and almost fall but thanks to the wall lean on.

Damn! Those last words of your did hit me like thunder bolt. I respect you man. I really do.
Re: Bank Loan by mymadam(m): 8:55am On Sep 15, 2012

Superb delivery, this. I'm all smiles right now. You've got the right picture, buddy. Truly, experience is generally the best teacher (Uhmm, it makes me remember...). I wish you well in your forthcoming projects. Right on! God bless Nigeria.
Re: Bank Loan by 2sexy(m): 2:59pm On Sep 15, 2012
mymadam:

Superb delivery, this. I'm all smiles right now. You've got the right picture, buddy. Truly, experience is generally the best teacher (Uhmm, it makes me remember...). I wish you well in your forthcoming projects. Right on! God bless Nigeria.
you have that right. Business is all about positioning and negotiation.
Re: Bank Loan by esere826: 7:15pm On Sep 15, 2012
Billyonaire: Just like many other Nigerians, I have always believed in working hard to raise my seed Capitals, but of recent, I have decided that its necessary to venture into greater risks of the investment worlds by accepting credit facilities from the banks. I do have requirement to secure loan facilities, but I wanna know which banks in Nigeria offer;

Billy, it might be a good idea for you to outsource this to one of the economists (with some high profile clout) on NL to do some research on this for you. I recommend Jarus .

Cheers
Re: Bank Loan by 222Martins(m): 5:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
With respect to the questions you asked, I want to tell you for sure that there's no fixed interest rate and the like. I am talking from personal experience. Everything depends on your negotiating power. To get the best deal possible in any Nigerian bank, just answer the three questions below:
How big is the deal you are seeking the loan for??
Who else is on board this deal??
What's in for the Bank manager/loan officer??
After you answer the 3 questions above, you can then start discussing collateral, interest rate, etc.
Re: Bank Loan by emmanuelbrown26: 7:50pm On Jul 01, 2016
Oga am sitting down here to see where to get a loan of 60k, u are also here looking for millions upon millions loan, is not good na, check it

(1) (Reply)

Grasscutter Farming / How To Earn From Clickbank / Nigeria Banks Are Now Black Market For Dollars Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.