Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria (57125 Views)

Opinion: Top 5 Nigerias Most Beautiful University Libraries / 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) / Public Libraries Within Ogba, Ikeja And Agege: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by CHIM0Z: 12:28pm On Aug 02, 2014
U
cecegorz:

This no 7. should be designated a relic! When was the last time you drove past there? Last time i passed there, the whole buiding was soaked in heavy brown dust! And i can bet the latest book there will likely be those published in the 60s!
These government jobbers doesn't understand that well stocked and developed libraries can keep youths engaged in creative thinking, and free from crime activities.
I have actually thought of building Private libraries and i'm following through with that peoject.
You are correct, and the staff there are very arrogant. The public comfort rooms ain't in order, the cafeteria is not functioning, The fan there makes so much noise that you would mistaken them for a generator. I only go there when I need to get new babes. Aside that, I use the National library along NTA road, it's more serene and nice
Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by EsitAnnang: 5:33pm On Sep 02, 2014
In Ikot Ekpene there is one public library and one private library while others are located in various institutions in the famous city. They include:

Akwa Ibom State Library, Cardinal Ekanem Way, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State (public library);

Diana-Abasi Ibanga Advanced Research Libraries, #5, School Road, Ukpab Ikot Udo, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State (private library).

Both libraries remained useful, but the private library contain mainly advanced materials for postgraduate researchers and academics.

I have also used good libraries in Calabar including Cross River State Library, Calabar Road (near 11/11), Calabar as well as one private library along Goldie Street (I've forgotten the name) opposite the Holy Child Secondary School at Mariam Hill, Calabar.

The two private libraries i mention are Reference Libraries and only admit registered subscribers and both contain advanced but current materials. I think the Diana-Abasi Ibanga Advanced Research Libraries also offer virtual services unlike the one in Calabar.

The library that i have used in Abak LGA in Akwa Ibom State is worthless and is presently rented out to churches and fellowships #verysad#.

The Ibom E-Library in Uyo in Akwa Ibom State (i have not been there myself but i have accessing their library from Lagos through internet link). the library is very rich in journal material especially in the area of science.

The National Library of Nigeria along Herbert Macauley Way, Yaba, Lagos is basically a business center dedicated to publishers who come for ISBN and ISSN. There is Lagos State Library along the Herbert Macauley Way (near St. Dominic Cathedral). There is the Surulere Library along Itire Road (near Ishaga busstop). the Yaba library is loaded with books (not very current materials) but the Surulere library is just a reading center. Other libraries i have are British Council (private), Unilag libraries (institutional), Unical libraries (institutional) and one library own by a Church.

1 Like

Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by EsitAnnang: 5:42pm On Sep 02, 2014
CHIM0Z: U
I only go there when I need to get new babes. Aside that, I use the National library along NTA road, it's more serene and nice

yes, it is easy to gather new babes at libraries; i think most of the girls i find in all the libraries i have been to go there to find guys to chat them up. i have never met any girl in all the three private libraries i have used except that of British council
Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by ndidibabe(f): 1:35pm On Sep 30, 2014
TeskyMan:

[b]I agree with you. "Corcernman" got it totally wrong. Before you can be allowed access into National Laibrary Herbert M, Alagomeji, Yaba, Lagos, you've got to tender a valid ID Card(most especially something to identify you as a student of any tertiary institution). I remember in my uni. days, that library was of immeasurable help to me. My daily routine was like Lecture room(Unilag) - National Library - My house, on daily basis. This was about 12 - 13 years ago. Up till tomorrow, my niece still use the same library for GCE & WAEC but you've got to have ID Card before you can go in. The issue with books in the library in both 1st and 2nd Floor is, they are obsolete. Nonetheless, if you do a thorough searching you'll still find some of them useful. Its just a pity that "most' students of nowadays hardly use the library they prefer "facebooking".

There is a small library in the Psychiatric Hospital at Yaba Bus stop, Lagos. Psychiatric Hospital main entrance gate is directly opposite the BRT Corridor main bus-stop, Yaba. The Library is also very very quiet but few books and limited space. Not to compare with the National library at Alagomeji at all. I can tell you affirmatively that all the books there are obsolete. Go there with your books, laptops etc, you only need to register with =N=200 per Annum, get it right I said =N=200 for the whole year. It's really cool to read in that library I must confess. Another advantage this small library has is that, they operate from 8a.m. to 8p.m., yes 8 p.m. In my ACCA days, that used to be my favorite library.

Hope this helps someone...
[/b]
Pls what is d name of this Library?
Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by OmichaelO: 3:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
I do visit the one in front on my apt at Herbert macualy Road. The mainland Library is partially in ruins. while the other one almost Opposite DSTV OFFICE is quite okay and conducive to read in.

EDIT: it's free,Atleast since I've been going.just show your student ID and sign in
Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by Mustay(m): 7:57am On Oct 25, 2014
9free:
27. Federal Library, Jos
Beside Plateau State Polytechnic Holshe

The frontage of this National Library is so embarrassing. How do people access this library? I could see mud etc at the front gate
Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by olufemibes: 11:41am On Nov 21, 2014
Good news to everyone!!ยก
We welcome you to our new eRources and learning centre.A centre geared towards providing learners and researchers alike with the ideal environment for study.our learning centre is strategically located in the serenely perfect lekki-epe expressway.In our elearning and elibray you have access to over hundreds of thousands of books on topics like; finance, Acoounting, Electrical Engineering,Energy and power, Manufacturing, Management, Operation, Marketing, Strategy, Innovation, Entrepreneurship, JR, General Management, Communications, Coaching, Career Development,ICT, personal Development Books and so on.
You have access to learning materials audio, video, conferences, serminal, workshops and so on.
Contact us today at the learning nuggets company at Km 14 lekki-epe expressway ikota Lagos or call 08089623590,08106618170.
Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 25, 2014
OmichaelO:
I do visit the one in front on my apt at Herbert macualy Road. The mainland Library is partially in ruins. while the other one almost Opposite DSTV OFFICE is quite okay and conducive to read in.

EDIT: it's free,Atleast since I've been going.just show your student ID and sign in

Since what year if I may ask? Passed by the library you mentioned, opposite DSTv, but it was under chain and keys and looked deserted.

@Ndidibabe...today, I used the library mentioned by Teskyman at the Yaba Psychiatric Hospital. Did I just say library? It is actually a small hall upstairs with a few chairs but if you don't mind the noise being made by constant vehicular movements, then this place could be ideal for a 'solo' study.

I might have to revert to Unilag.
Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by ndidibabe(f): 5:04pm On Nov 26, 2014
Processor01:

Since what year if I may ask? Passed by the library you mentioned, opposite DSTv, but it was under chain and keys and looked deserted.

@Ndidibabe...today, I used the library mentioned by Teskyman at the Yaba Psychiatric Hospital. Did I just say library? It is actually a small hall upstairs with a few chairs but if you don't mind the noise being made by constant vehicular movements, then this place could be ideal for a 'solo' study.

So a non Unilag Student can read inside d school? Is that possible? If so, where?
Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 26, 2014
ndidibabe:
So a non Unilag Student can read inside d school? Is that possible? If so, where?

Yes, except for the Student library, you can read anywhere in the school. My usual spots are that Engineering area (Dubbing center) and some corner at Sciences.
Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by ndidibabe(f): 9:35pm On Nov 26, 2014
Processor01:

Yes, except for the Student library, you can read anywhere in the school. My usual spots are that Engineering area (Dubbing center) and some corner at Sciences.

OK. Many Tx..
Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by OmichaelO: 1:27am On Nov 28, 2014
Processor01:

last week and it's still very functional
Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by eGarage(m): 2:48pm On Jan 08, 2015
LeanHUB LIBRARY

39, Awudu Ekpegha Boulevard Street,
Off Admiralty Way,
Lekki Phase 1.

www.leanhub.com.ng
Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by shalie: 7:34pm On Jan 13, 2015
please I need private libraries between ikeja and akowinjo. Pls it's urgent
Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by ciwi: 7:06pm On May 09, 2015
TeskyMan:

".

There is a small library in the Psychiatric Hospital at Yaba Bus stop, Lagos. Psychiatric Hospital main entrance gate is directly opposite the BRT Corridor main bus-stop, Yaba. The Library is also very very quiet but few books and limited space. Not to compare with the National library at Alagomeji at all. I can tell you affirmatively that all the books there are obsolete. Go there with your books, laptops etc, you only need to register with =N=200 per Annum, get it right I said =N=200 for the whole year. It's really cool to read in that library I must confess. Another advantage this small library has is that, they operate from 8a.m. to 8p.m., yes 8 p.m. In my ACCA days, that used to be my favorite library.

Hope this helps someone...

Do u also need to show a student Id card for this library?
Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by Ayodee2(m): 6:21am On Jul 04, 2015
naptu2:
30) Ikeja Secretariat Library, Lagos.
31) Herbert Macaulay Library, Yaba (Lagos State Owned)
32) Ikorodu Divisional Library,
33) Badagry Divisional Library,
34) Epe Divisional Library,
35) Isolo Public Library,
36) Tolu Public Library, Ajegunle
37) Borno House Library, Jakande Estate, Amuwo Odofin.
38) E-Learning Center, Odunlami Street, Lagos Island (former Central Library)
39) Ipaja Public Library, Shagari Estate
40) Henry Carr Library, Cement Bus Stop, Agege, Lagos.

#list of Lagos State owned public libraries.
Most of the Lagos state libraries had been renovated. you need to visit these libraries to appreciate how conducive they are for reading safe for few old books on d shelves.
Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by Ayodee2(m): 6:37am On Jul 04, 2015
[quote author=Mustay post=12140218]Is

Please if you know the proper address for Nos 32 - 36, please provide. Thanks

32). ikorodu library beach road, GRA Ikorodu.
31). Yaba Library: Herbert Macaulay way near St Agnes.
34). Epe library : Opposite recreation center /Epe girls high school.
36). Tolu library Ajekunle.
All the above mentioned libraries except Ikorodu, now wear new look with modern carel reading table and books , well tiled, with Air conditioner working perfectly.
Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by Ayodee2(m): 6:44am On Jul 04, 2015
Mustay:
Is

All the above mentioned libraries except Ikorodu, now wear new look with modern carel reading table and books , well tiled, with Air conditioner working perfectly. [quote author=ciwi post=33578275]
Do u also need to show a student Id card for this library?
[quote author=Mustay post=12140218]Is

All the above mentioned libraries except Ikorodu, now wear new look with modern carel reading table and books , well tiled, with Air conditioner working perfectly.

Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by gboyetade: 7:57pm On Aug 10, 2015
which is the closest to Lagos University teaching Hospital
Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by kel4soft: 12:31pm On Aug 24, 2015
Donald Ekong Library aka World Bank Library University of Port Harcourt. Abuja Campus. Rivers State.
State Library Bernard Carr Street Near Civic Centre, Old township. Port Harcourt.
Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by Tolakay: 10:10am On Jan 10, 2016
Pls i need info about any private LIBRARY in Ibadan... I only know of d public LIBRARY behind skye bank(old main street Bank) at dugbe wch is not ok. Thanks
Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by Mustay(m): 11:16am On Feb 22, 2016
gboyetade:
which is the closest to Lagos University teaching Hospital

Visit the Surulere Library, on Adebayo Street:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Surulere+Library/@6.5132786,3.3553188,19z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0xc554026a9bc1f2f4

Copy the address above into your web browser for directions.
Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by whitecloth: 11:27am On May 05, 2016
I went to Ondo State library today, very disappointing, many of the books are gone, empty shelves and archaic books, after registering with #250 per annum and taking a tour of the once upon a time prestigious library I felt so terrible and have to leave after 30 minutes.
something has to be done.

Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 06, 2016
Tolakay:
Pls i need info about any private LIBRARY in Ibadan... I only know of d public LIBRARY behind skye bank(old main street Bank) at dugbe wch is not ok. Thanks
Association For Reproductive HEalth (ARF) in Agodi isvery alright. It is just beside the civic centre and not too far from JAMB office.
Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by Tolakay: 9:35am On May 08, 2016
Ayoolla:

Association For Reproductive HEalth (ARF) in Agodi isvery alright. It is just beside the civic centre and not too far from JAMB office.
thanks Ayo. What is the cost implication and is the library opened 24 7?
Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by iffydave: 7:50pm On May 09, 2016
Mustay:

Visit the Surulere Library, on Adebayo Street:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Surulere+Library/@6.5132786,3.3553188,19z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0xc554026a9bc1f2f4

Copy the address above into your web browser for directions.

Please do you know if they charge for the library and how much??
Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by Mustay(m): 9:20pm On May 09, 2016
iffydave:

Please do you know if they charge for the library and how much??
NGN300 per quarter.
Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by Ruffy124: 9:39am On Jun 04, 2016
Please, any public library in Ikota, Lekki/Ajah
Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by Luther0luther: 7:39am On Jun 14, 2016
Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 29, 2016
Tolakay:
thanks Ayo. What is the cost implication and is the library opened 24 7?

The cost implication i just #500 per month with a minimum of three month payment(#1500). Its not a 24/7 facility but they open from Mondays to Fridays-even saturdays from 8- 5pm. But One thing is that they have constant electricity. That's even where I'm typing from. Cheers
Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by Tolakay: 7:33pm On Aug 29, 2016
Ayoolla:

The cost implication i just #500 per month with a minimum of three month payment(#1500). Its not a 24/7 facility but they open from Mondays to Fridays-even saturdays from 8- 5pm. But One thing is that they have constant electricity. That's even where I'm typing from. Cheers
Re: List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria by Tolakay: 7:33pm On Aug 29, 2016
Ayoolla:

Thanks. Registered already (in june). When did dey start opening on saturdays?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Schoolmate Of Sylvester Oromoni Reveals How He Was Tortured By Senior Students / Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) / Primary School Drama That Got People Talking (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.