Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Gary Speed: Craig Bellamy's Pain After Friend's Death. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gary Speed: Craig Bellamy's Pain After Friend's Death. (593 Views)

Emmanuel Adebayor Share His Pain, Ordeals And Family On Facebook(kindly advice) / Walt Bellamy Dead: Basketball Hall Of Famer Dies At 74 / Premiership's Best Buys - Bellamy Tops List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gary Speed: Craig Bellamy's Pain After Friend's Death. by SirJonse(m): 11:08am On Sep 10, 2012
Craig Bellamy: 'I can't tell you how hard it is. It's the worst time in my life ever.'
Footballer Craig Bellamy says the death of the former Wales manager Gary Speed has led to the "worst time in my life" and the break-up of his marriage.

The Cardiff City and Wales player told the Sunday Mirror: "All I know is that my best mate has gone. I'm struggling."

Ex-Premier League star Speed was found hanged at his Cheshire home last year.

His parents and family members marked what would have been his 43rd birthday on Saturday with a walk up Moel Famau, Denbighshire, near his childhood home.

Roger and Carol Speed told Wales on Sunday the family are still coming to terms with his death in November 2011.

'Affected everything'

Bellamy, 33, whose former clubs include Liverpool and Manchester City, told the Sunday Mirror he has moved out of the marital home he shared with his wife Claire and their three children.

He said: "Losing my best mate has affected everything. I can't believe how hard it is.

"He was the best mate I've ever had. It's sad but unfortunately it got to my marriage. I'm here and she's there.

"I don't know if that's it for us. All I know is that my best mate has gone. I'm struggling. I can't lie."

Bellamy told the newspaper of his family situation: "I can't tell you how hard it is. It's the worst time in my life ever."

Bellamy was part of the Team GB squad at the Olympics, and last month joined Cardiff on a two-year deal from Liverpool.

Speed's clubs included Leeds, Newcastle, Everton, and Bolton, and he managed Sheffield United.

A coroner at the inquest in January said he could not be satisfied that Speed intended to kill himself.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19536060

(1) (Reply)

Messi Wins La Liga Player Of The Season / How Far Can The Super Eagles Progress At The 2013 Afcon? / Let The Games Begin: Angola, First To Arrive In South Africa For The 2013 AFCON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.