Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Where Were You On September 11th 2001? - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Where Were You On September 11th 2001? (13849 Views)

September 2015 Latest Mtn Free Browsing Cheats Codes? / What's On In Nigeria?~{September 2013}~ / Being Born On September 11th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by floridam(m): 10:35pm On Sep 11, 2012
I was in my final year in the university
Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by tete7000(m): 10:51pm On Sep 11, 2012
gboss4sure: The American authorities are yet to tell the truth about that trade center bombing, it is an insider job meant to for the USA to have a reason to invade Iraq and Afghanistan and impose a regime change "Says by some Americans"
I wonderd why people keep believng this. If this version was true,osama bin laden would have alluded to it b4 he was killed. Anyway i was in my hall of residence durng my final year in univ of ibadan when my room mate informd me he heard the news. Found it hard to believe immediately.
Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by suskumayaya(m): 10:53pm On Sep 11, 2012
I was in OAU Campus Ile-Ife precisely in a Cafe (Eldorado).
Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by rawtruth(m): 11:11pm On Sep 11, 2012
gboss4sure:

Bro u dey mind them, As a matter of fact osama died in 2001 from a diseases as revealed by one of his ex CIA partners who fought with him against the soviet soldiers, Concerning the trade center bombing i have watched and re watched the video and noticed that the building collapsed from its foundation, how can a building hit by a plane collapse from the foundation that leaves enough queries for the USA Govenment to answer but they wont cause they knew what they did.

Any building with gas-filled air-conditioners in every room, no matter how strong it is, would crumble like a pack of cards when thousands of gallons of aviation fuel penetrates its wall with great and vibrating impact and explode, sending volumes of the highly inflammable liquid gas down into mostly tightly-closed rooms which, combined with the now leaking gas from air-conditioner and other inflammable materials, added more explosive power that surpassed any conventional bomb ever built any where in the world.

Let's not allow this cold-blooded hate-induced propaganda of some fundamentalist Arab individuals and nations to affect our capacity for objectiveness in this matter.
Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by omoola007(m): 11:16pm On Sep 11, 2012
I was on I-95 going from Philly to Delaware for work. I thouught it was an accidental crash only to get to the office and see the 2nd plane live. We all left for home in fear cause we were in the tallest building in Wilmington Delaware.

May their souls rest in peace. Meanwhile.i stayed. At the hotel next to the WTC about 6 months earlier.

May God continue to be with us all.
Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by Harmonyemerald(f): 11:19pm On Sep 11, 2012
[color=#000099][/color], where awas i? Ok i remenber, i was in primary 4 den, i came back from school and was grinding pepper for dinner when dad called mum and starting gisting her, but i didn't really understand what they were saying at that time
Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by umra8901(f): 11:23pm On Sep 11, 2012
I was celebrating my birthday cry
Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by jslimz(f): 11:25pm On Sep 11, 2012
I was in JSS2 @ the time. Got back from school just to hear that. I felt sad about the deaths and so was the whole family.
Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by Segzy23: 11:45pm On Sep 11, 2012
I was actually in New Jersey, USA. I went to Hoboken which was very close to New York on the night before the attacks. I remember asking my Cousin who lives in the US why one of the Towers had something like a Mast on it and the other didn't have it. Also I made comments on the number of planes flying into Newark International Airport and on how they were approached the airport from the same direction in what seemed like a queuing system in the air. Little did I know something bad was gonna happen on the following day and the towers would be no more.

Needless to say, I wasn't looking forward to my inbound journey back home which was a week after the incidents. Although they did say if people were scared and do not wish to fly, they could wait for up to 6 months or so before flying back.
Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by PapaBrowne(m): 11:53pm On Sep 11, 2012
Working on the roof top on a construction job in Virginia. Flight 93 that crashed in Pennsylvania passed right on top of Us. We had heard of the twin towers bombing at the time and wondered why a plane flew so low.

Funnily,just before that while on the rooftop, an old woman comes out to tell us that planes have just crashed into the world trade centre and everybody laughed thinking she was watching a movie. It was only some hrs later during break that we realised the story she told was no movie!

Woow. To think that thats 11 years ago already!! The roof memories- nostalgic!!!
Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by whyx06(m): 11:58pm On Sep 11, 2012
i was @ computer vilage, cash n carry to b precise wen i heard d news wit my 2nd DAD...

1 Like

Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by avalontony(m): 12:02am On Sep 12, 2012
i was a refugee in jos plateau state. everywhere was burning!!!!!!!
Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by Nobody: 12:05am On Sep 12, 2012
All of una wey dey shout CNN den, I cut cap 4 una.
Well, I was at my aunty's house watching Oputa Panel on NTA Channel 10 (I miss Binatone AntennA with remote) π d guys interupted to show d buildings collapse. I remember Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊Ŧ the then NEPA was playing with their commodity.
Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by kells1(m): 12:15am On Sep 12, 2012
Waz in sch. Then I think I just entered ss2 then and I knew little abt it then, bur I knw some thousands died including Nigerians. May their souls rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by mamagee3(f): 12:54am On Sep 12, 2012
I have no idea tongue
Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by ChrisGnarly: 1:01am On Sep 12, 2012
Think i was in SS1 then, when d news hit school. Bt now am a big man
Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by firfinch(m): 1:03am On Sep 12, 2012
I was at home, watch CNN, and suddenly there came the breaking news that WTC was being attacked. i watched it as it happened . . . Terrible it was!
Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by deekseen(m): 2:10am On Sep 12, 2012
I was at the faculty of sciences RSUST, PH. In my first year. An indian coursemate broke the news to some of us after he received a phonecall. I had to rush to the cybercafe at the main gate to get more details. May their souls keep resting in peace.
Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by Nobody: 2:19am On Sep 12, 2012
k2039: I was still in primary school.
Remebered I saw bush crying on nta(nta news at 9).

one hell of an acting job huh? tongue

@topic,

i was in middle school.

i remember being on a block schedule and having an idle chit chat about R&B singer Aaliyah's death (august 25th 2001) with my girlfriends when my teacher told us not to panic and she told us what happened. This was around around the time the second plane hit.

I remember when she and the vice principal (who was there too) mentioned "terrorists", I imagined white guys in ninja suits grin grin LOOOOL. Arabs never even crossed my young mind then.

I didn't even take the news serious even though they sent us home early and had all of the children whose parents could not pick them up, stay in a secured room with a few of the faculty who stayed with them.

I was "one of the fortunate ones" as my mother picked me and my kid sister up.

Anyway, we went home early and because I didn't grasp the situation, I got vexed when I went home and saw the same footage being shown on just about all of the channels. I remember thinking "what is the big deal?"

After I found out my aunt (as most as my family lives in NY/NJ) was "missing",I felt a bit affected by it. When it turned out she was ok, it was like "aiight". It wouldn't be until a few years later when I watched "inside 9/11" and saw the footage of the people jumping out of the Twin Towers that I fully grasped the situation. I remember watching that documentary and crying like a newborn baby! cry

It's soooooo devastating. I can't even imagine what those people went through and what must have crossed their minds! "Do i choose to burn to death or jump from 100+ stories, crushing every bone in my body?"....sorry for the graphics but it's the reality. I know I was a kid but damn, I was insensitive.

Now after watching so much footage and reading on it, it depresses me even 11 years later. undecided
Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by Nobody: 2:26am On Sep 12, 2012
akereconfi:

GUY wake up............ya day dreaming

you never know he may have a point.
the whole mutallab thing is VERY fishy to me.
Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by Nobody: 2:28am On Sep 12, 2012
gboss4sure:

Bro u dey mind them, As a matter of fact osama died in 2001 from a diseases as revealed by one of his ex CIA partners who fought with him against the soviet soldiers, Concerning the trade center bombing i have watched and re watched the video and noticed that the building collapsed from its foundation, how can a building hit by a plane collapse from the foundation that leaves enough queries for the USA Govenment to answer but they wont cause they knew what they did.

WOMP WOMP FAIL! tongue

everything else is also fishy.
but the bolded is garbage. grin
Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by Nobody: 2:32am On Sep 12, 2012
nasty45: Funny tin is instead of them to stop d second plane frm crashin d tower they wr beamin it on t.v.ds guys sef

they didn't know it was a terrorist attack.
they were too busy trying to evacuate the civilians and those on the lower levels to get better camera angles.

While they were still covering the incident, the second plane hit.
It was live and military jets/helicopters weren't sent out at that time.

Here is the footage of it happening LIVE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tl__04Xoi0
Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by juman(m): 2:59am On Sep 12, 2012
I was at my Oga's office along taiwo road Ilorin.

America government knew that the attack will take place.

Their government thought it was opportunity for them to take it as pretext to do whatever they like. But it turned out that it was opportunity for them to be indebted to the tune of trillions. grin

My heart goes to the families of the affected people (dead and wounded).
Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by DonCarlos1(m): 7:07am On Sep 12, 2012
Make I confess, I was having a 4-hour marathon session with my babe then at her aunty's place, somewhere behind shell IA in PH. While trying to catch our breath she put on the tv and there it was. What a sad day indeed.
Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 12, 2012
I was in Onitsha enroute to my hometown. I only learned about the attacks from the newspapers the following day at Enugu. At the time I was about to enter JSS2.
Even the NTA Network news of Sept 12th dedicated the first 45 minutes to news of the terrorist attacks.
Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 12, 2012
Opoki:
Guy, you would have had a better thought if you watched 9/11 coverage on NatGeo yesterday, there will be a repeat broadcast tonight.
The fact is those attack happens spontaneously which means it was well-coordinated, the one that crashed into petagon was actually making its way to White-House but changed route with just 6miles away.
The AAL17 passangers if i could recollect stood up to the hijaackers and it crashed inside the woods.
RIP to over 3000 deads.

That doesn't how a building hit by a plane collapsed from the foundation, yes we agree that terrorist attacks happens everywhere but tell me how a cordinated attack reached to that extent, did you know how many countries warned USA about the attack? What did they do? When that plane was hijacked why did the send in military jets either to shoot it down or guide it? The usa government has a hand in that attack period and they have gotten what they wanted, man if that umar frouk sucided in bombing that usa plane did you think you and I would have been making noise here, they usa would have for long invaded this country.

An American made a statement and I qoute "American was founded under christian lines but this days the leaders has deviated from the foundation of the founders"
Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by joanana(f): 7:47am On Sep 12, 2012
I was at home, waiting for my admission letter!!! I saw it on CNN , Thanks to DSTV embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by eamah: 7:52am On Sep 12, 2012
I don't see the reason why this 9/11 event stuff should have this much publicity even in Nigeria. Jewish holocaust received much empathy than slavery. 9/11 are now receiving more empathy than millions of innocent civilians in the Middle East that have been killed under United State drones and bombs. 9/11 is bad, but it's time to move on like blacks are being told to move on about slavery. Let me put it this way: They have Holocaust memorial day, 9/11 memorial day, but when it comes to slavery it becomes you blacks should move on and forget about it.

In fact, you black people are really deluded, which I will attribute to lack of local media; thereby relying more on foreign media propaganda. The person that posted this question should have asked where were you when more than 10 million blacks were killed? Where were you when the Christmas bombing occurred?

It's high some people here knew the kind of question to be asking. It's more reasonable for an American to ask this question at this stage than for a Nigerian to be asking it; it does show your level of delusion.
Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by BLACKPANTHER(m): 8:25am On Sep 12, 2012
WAS IN JOS..AND ALSO FACING THAT TERRIBLE SEPT 2001 CRISIS...TO GOD B THE GLORY AND MAY SOULS OF THE FAITHFUL DEPARTED REST IN PERFECT PEACE. AMEN
Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by babaijo(m): 9:02am On Sep 12, 2012
I was in Kaduna under going electronic repair training, and we were watching NTA on that tragic day.
Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 12, 2012
floridam: I was in my final year in the university

This is the kind of ppl i should be talking to in NL, not babies....anyway I was marking my mates paper ( GES101) in my lecturers house and i saw it live
Re: Where Were You On September 11th 2001? by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 12, 2012
joanana: I was at home, waiting for my admission letter!!! I saw it on CNN , Thanks to DSTV embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Eyaaa did y finially get it , or u r still waiting tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Strictly Wedding Packages By Event Planners For Wedding Couples / Happy New Year (2019)! / Boat Cruise Events In Lagos - Boat Charters And Resorts Booking In Lagos Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.