Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Is My Brother A Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is My Brother A Christian? (649 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My Brother A Christian? by MacDaddy01: 4:18pm On Sep 11, 2012
The logicboy effect does not only happen on Nairaland it happens in real life. cool

My brother is a catholic as well but he has stopped going to church except someone drags him. Now we have had many arguments and he still calls himself a christian.

He believes in evolution as he works in the health sector and has a degree in science. He accepts it wholeheartedly
He even accepts that the catholics in the past were very wicked people who tortured many innocent people.
He doesnt believe in speaking in tongues or tithing.
He doesnt even believe in miracles or oven read the bible anymore.
He likes to go clubbing on the weekends

Yet the guy still calls himself a christian. He avoids talking about the existence of God with me and he believes that I would die soon if I take my logic madness to naija. Why does he still call himself a christian?
Re: Is My Brother A Christian? by k2039: 4:27pm On Sep 11, 2012
Anyone can profess to be a Christian. example: Judas was one of the disciples,however, Jesus called one of the twelve a devil!! John 6:70.kjv. It's a shame that the majority of people think becoming a Christian is the same as joining the elks club, hunting club, or society club..God forbid!!! Thank God the only requirement is Jesus Christ!!

You shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Matthew 7:16
Re: Is My Brother A Christian? by tobechi20(m): 2:01am On Sep 12, 2012
Maybe he isnt a practicin christian
Re: Is My Brother A Christian? by Nobody: 6:33am On Sep 12, 2012
Mr logicbaby, you're going to hell. You and your brother. The denizens of hell are gonna shag you up the arse. They're gonna turn you into their bitch. Better repent and give your life to christ. He's your lord and saviour.............Is what I would say had I been a sheep. But I'm saying, leave your bros, he may be going through the same thing you went through some years back. It's not necessarily a bad thing.
Re: Is My Brother A Christian? by MacDaddy01: 6:37am On Sep 12, 2012
tobechi20: Maybe he isnt a practicin christian

What the hell is a non-practicing christian? grin grin
Re: Is My Brother A Christian? by MacDaddy01: 6:38am On Sep 12, 2012
SimonAndal: Mr logicbaby, you're going to hell. You and your brother. The denizens of hell are gonna shag you up the arse. They're gonna turn you into their bitch. Better repent and give your life to christ. He's your lord and saviour.............Is what I would say had I been a sheep. But I'm saying, leave your bros, he may be going through the same thing you went through some years back. It's not necessarily a bad thing.

I dont bother him. I want to know from the christian bros here why my bro calls himself a christian? Maybe its fear from persecution in naija?
Re: Is My Brother A Christian? by Nobody: 6:40am On Sep 12, 2012
It's fear of persecution. What else? Even you, are you out?
Re: Is My Brother A Christian? by tobechi20(m): 7:54am On Sep 12, 2012
MacDaddy01:

What the hell is a non-practicing christian? grin grin

a non praticing xmas is one who belives in christ but doesnt participate actively in activities partaking to christ.he is slacking.he isnt doing what christ instructed. He might not be engaging in evil act ,he is neutral. Not a strong xtian and not a strang xtian opposer like u

he may end up stop being a xtian or start bein an atheist
Re: Is My Brother A Christian? by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 12, 2012
SEEMS LIKE HE IS AN ODDBALL. MUST RUN IN THE FAMILY undecided
Re: Is My Brother A Christian? by MacDaddy01: 8:27am On Sep 12, 2012
obadiah777: SEEMS LIKE HE IS AN ODDBALL. MUST RUN IN THE FAMILY undecided

Buzugee calling someone strange....the irony.

You sir are the oddball christian. There is not one christian on nairaland that agrees with your interpretation.
Re: Is My Brother A Christian? by MacDaddy01: 8:28am On Sep 12, 2012
SimonAndal: It's fear of persecution. What else? Even you, are you out?

Out of the closet? cool cool

(1) (Reply)

Heaven Is Real: A Doctor’s Experience With The Afterlife / Religion / World Ends 2012 - MAYAN Vs TBJOSHUA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.