Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Do You Believe In Ghosts - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In Ghosts (688 Views)

How To Overcome Ghosts, Badluck,setback,demons, Devils, Witches,curses With Salt / You Don't Believe In Ghosts? Read This And Change Your Mind / Do You Believe in Ghosts? Have You Seen One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In Ghosts by sleekysol(m): 11:11pm On Sep 11, 2012
many have claimed to have seen in another town, spirits of people that died in one town. In my quest to decipher mysteries of the world i havent met any ghosts yet nor have i yet met anyone close who can confirm but my mind is open to opinions pls share your true life experiences.
Re: Do You Believe In Ghosts by CrazyMan(m): 11:40pm On Sep 11, 2012
My dear there are no such things as ghosts...take your time to look at the definition of a ghost below...

The soul of a dead person, a disembodied spirit imagined, usually as a vague, shadowy or evanescent form, as wandering among or haunting living persons.

Does that sound realistic to you? I believe ghosts are just imaginations from people with mental issues, people who drink too much, and people who are tired of life.

My bible tells me in

Hebrews 9:27  And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Re: Do You Believe In Ghosts by sleekysol(m): 11:43pm On Sep 11, 2012
i follow your school of thought but if you want to make concrete point you have to see both side of the story.
Re: Do You Believe In Ghosts by CrazyMan(m): 11:51pm On Sep 11, 2012
Have you had any encounter with ghosts before?
Re: Do You Believe In Ghosts by sleekysol(m): 12:21am On Sep 12, 2012
my original post says it all. I havent had any but many claim to have had some encounters. Hence i want to hear peoples stories and draw a constructive conclusion
Re: Do You Believe In Ghosts by CrazyMan(m): 12:30am On Sep 12, 2012
Alright then...good luck
Re: Do You Believe In Ghosts by maclatunji: 8:50am On Sep 12, 2012
No.
Re: Do You Believe In Ghosts by ijawkid(m): 8:58am On Sep 12, 2012
CrazyMan: My dear there are no such things as ghosts...take your time to look at the definition of a ghost below...

The soul of a dead person, a disembodied spirit imagined, usually as a vague, shadowy or evanescent form, as wandering among or haunting living persons.

Does that sound realistic to you? I believe ghosts are just imaginations from people with mental issues, people who drink too much, and people who are tired of life.

My bible tells me in

Hebrews 9:27  And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

But last time I checked many christians called and refered to the the spirit of holiness(holy spirit) as a GHOST....

Don't u use the term"" HOLY GHOST""??....

Think about it my bro....
Re: Do You Believe In Ghosts by CrazyMan(m): 9:38am On Sep 12, 2012
ijawkid: But last time I checked many christians called and refered to the the spirit of holiness(holy spirit) as a GHOST....

Don't u use the term"" HOLY GHOST""??....

Think about it my bro....
According to the first poster, he defined a ghost as a dead person...spirits of people roaming about, and seen in other towns.

So allow me to get things straight here. First, the holy spirit is not dead, secondly no one has ever claimed to see him roaming about towns and grave yards, and finally, he's God's divine spirit...he manifests himself positively in the lives of christians. He's not some unclean spirit that after possessing you, they drive you mad.

Now read the first post very well and tell me if his definition of a ghost can be likened to the holy spirit!
Re: Do You Believe In Ghosts by sleekysol(m): 10:46am On Sep 12, 2012
i am not referring to the holy spirit guys am referring to ghosts as in spirit of the dead.

(1) (Reply)

Things To Be Aware / Make Your Last Minute Prediction/Prophesy For U.S Election / ***What Things Do You Love Most About Your Pastor?***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.