Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Time To Look At Stocks Again -Nigerian Funds Switch Back To Stocks - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Time To Look At Stocks Again -Nigerian Funds Switch Back To Stocks (1223 Views)

Mutual Funds / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? / Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time To Look At Stocks Again -Nigerian Funds Switch Back To Stocks by feelamong(m): 4:34pm On Sep 12, 2012
http://af.reuters.com/article/nigeriaNews/idAFL6E8K7JU920120912

* Profits expected to push Nigeria index up 25 pct this year

* Stocks up 19 pct so far, emerging market peers up 6 pct

* Bond yields fall, stocks rise, foreign inflows lift naira

LAGOS, Sept 12 (Reuters) - Nigerian fund managers have been switching into stocks from bonds, hoping that strong earnings and new rules on the bourse will drive them up 25 percent this year.

The main market index, which has been hovering around a 59-week high hit last week, has gained 19 percent so far this year, after shedding 17 percent in 2011.

It has also outperformed its emerging market peers , which gained on average just under 7 percent.

"Our target for (holdings of) stocks this year is around 60 percent and 40 percent in bonds," Mayowa Ogunwemimo, head of Nigerian asset management firm FSDH, which manages 50 billion naira, told Reuters. She had 40 percent in stocks last year.

Pension funds and asset managers are targeting an index level of 26,000 points by year-end on sub-Saharan Africa's second biggest stock market, which opened at 20,672 points in January, as bond yields fall and the naira stabilises.
Re: Time To Look At Stocks Again -Nigerian Funds Switch Back To Stocks by mkmyers45(m): 5:24pm On Sep 12, 2012
Good news..What broker do you prefer?
Re: Time To Look At Stocks Again -Nigerian Funds Switch Back To Stocks by feelamong(m): 6:51pm On Sep 12, 2012
I still use my usual fund managers.... No reasons to change yet. Am going for Access Bank shares too for now!!
Re: Time To Look At Stocks Again -Nigerian Funds Switch Back To Stocks by jamace(m): 6:58pm On Sep 12, 2012
cheesy May the bones rise up and walk !
Re: Time To Look At Stocks Again -Nigerian Funds Switch Back To Stocks by austinsmat(m): 9:02am On Sep 13, 2012
firstbank is moving faster now with highiest hit this year 14;40 as for yesterday 12/09/12
Re: Time To Look At Stocks Again -Nigerian Funds Switch Back To Stocks by feelamong(m): 10:08am On Sep 13, 2012
austinsmat: firstbank is moving faster now with highiest hit this year 14;40 as for yesterday 12/09/12

For now am looking for stocks outside the banking industry..I have already bought Access, GTB, FBN and Zenith........closely watching Sterling Bank!

Outside banking, am going for OANDO! I think it has been punished enough!!
Re: Time To Look At Stocks Again -Nigerian Funds Switch Back To Stocks by austinsmat(m): 10:46am On Sep 13, 2012
feelamong:

For now am looking for stocks outside the banking industry..I have already bought Access, GTB, FBN and Zenith........closely watching Sterling Bank!

Outside banking, am going for OANDO! I think it has been punished enough!!
as for outside banking industry i will advise to go nigeria breweries
Re: Time To Look At Stocks Again -Nigerian Funds Switch Back To Stocks by feelamong(m): 11:09am On Sep 13, 2012
austinsmat: as for outside banking industry i will advise to go nigeria breweries

Hmmmm... Nig Brew at Over N125.. dont you think its already over priced
Re: Time To Look At Stocks Again -Nigerian Funds Switch Back To Stocks by austinsmat(m): 2:34pm On Sep 13, 2012
feelamong:

shares can never over price the price is always going up that is the best for now for non backing sectors
Re: Time To Look At Stocks Again -Nigerian Funds Switch Back To Stocks by austinsmat(m): 9:38pm On Sep 13, 2012
feelamong:

have u see why Nig Brew is still the best today it hit 131.99 with gain of 6.28 as well of firstbank it hit 14.49 with gain of 0.9 this is moving stock shares for now 13/09/12 date
Re: Time To Look At Stocks Again -Nigerian Funds Switch Back To Stocks by austinsmat(m): 9:44pm On Sep 13, 2012
[quote
author=feelamong]

For now am looking for stocks outside the banking industry..I have
already bought Access, GTB, FBN and Zenith........closely watching
Sterling Bank!

Outside banking, am going for OANDO! I think it has been punished
enough!![/quote] bros ur own OANDO is on loss side with loss of 0.3 at price of 13.46
Re: Time To Look At Stocks Again -Nigerian Funds Switch Back To Stocks by feelamong(m): 7:55am On Sep 14, 2012
austinsmat: bros ur own OANDO is on loss side with loss of 0.3 at price of 13.46

Yea OANDO lost yesterday...but I still believe its been punished enough. I have started to buy it..hopefully one year from now I would have doubled the money.

NB: are u aware that OANDO in collabo with Lagos state Govt is bidding for the Eko Power Disco? Once that deal is sealed......make i hold my breath here!! cool
Re: Time To Look At Stocks Again -Nigerian Funds Switch Back To Stocks by austinsmat(m): 8:31am On Sep 14, 2012
feelamong:

Yea OANDO lost yesterday...but I still believe its been punished enough. I have started to buy it..hopefully one year from now I would have doubled the money.

NB: are u aware that OANDO in collabo with Lagos state Govt is bidding for the Eko Power Disco? Once that deal is sealed......make i hold my breath here!! cool
like how many months will it takes to bounce back why not grab some free money from moving train
Re: Time To Look At Stocks Again -Nigerian Funds Switch Back To Stocks by feelamong(m): 9:47am On Sep 14, 2012
austinsmat: like how many months will it takes to bounce back why not grab some free money from moving train

No no....not my style to enter a moving train! once its off I look around for other trains to enter. Most time once the trains have moved, you will only be dumped on by the big brokers and fund managers.....

Stock marlet investing is with long term in view but then if there are profits to be booked in the short term, I dont hesitate to take mine. I entered International breweries at N5 early this year...today am sitting on more than 110% profit for a N2M investment....I did same for Access at N4.38.. and UBA at N1.98..

I will wait on this one cos once it starts to move, i will be watching millions of people trying to get in at the VIP coach of the Train. grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dangote Cement Plc Annual Report / Can Someone Advice Me On Kind Of Business I Can Do With #50,000 / How Investment In Helping Hands International Gave Me Financial Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.