Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Study In South Cyprus - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Study In South Cyprus (29278 Views)

Any Nigeria Living In South Cyprus / Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? / North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Study In South Cyprus by MrChris1(m): 11:30pm On Sep 12, 2012
Hello Everyone, am a graduate from one of the higher institutions in South Cyprus & its my pleasure to assist prospective students interested in studying in Europe precisely Cyprus popularly known as South Cyprus regarding information about studying & living in Cyprus.
Re: Study In South Cyprus by topsyking: 8:08am On Sep 13, 2012
Mr. Chris:
Hello Everyone, am a graduate from one of the higher institutions in South Cyprus & its my pleasure to assist prospective students interested in studying in Europe precisely Cyprus popularly known as South Cyprus regarding information about studying & living in Cyprus.
Pls,Tell us ur experiences and how u survive over there.so we can learn frm u.where u able to work..what and what u do to survive..and what city or college did u attend..thanks
Re: Study In South Cyprus by MrChris1(m): 11:25am On Sep 13, 2012
Hi, i got my bachelor degree in Business Administration with concentration in Management Information Systems from the University of Nicosia formerly called Intercollege in Nicosia (Capital of Cyprus) where i worked on campus on part-time basis. Its a beautiful country, the people popularly known as cypriots are very friendly. Although 95% of them can speak English very well, but Greek is commonly spoken.
Re: Study In South Cyprus by topsyking: 11:59am On Sep 13, 2012
Mr. Chris:
Hi, i got my bachelor degree in Business Administration with concentration in Management Information Systems from the University of Nicosia formerly called Intercollege in Nicosia (Capital of Cyprus) where i worked on campus on part-time basis. Its a beautiful country, the people popularly known as cypriots are very friendly. Although 95% of them can speak English very well, but Greek is commonly spoken.
Thanks for the reply..but I was told student are not allow to work...and the university of nicosia is very expensive..how were you able to cope..are you still in cyprus now or you left..thanks
Re: Study In South Cyprus by MrChris1(m): 12:37pm On Sep 13, 2012
You are welcome, Students are allowed to work. You can earn about 4-5 euros per hour. Yes! It is expensive & its the most expensive university in Cyprus, i thank GOD I was able to study there. I lived in the hostel with 1 other student in a 2 bedroom. Its reasonably cheaper staying in the hostel where the students share the rent of about 250 euros - 500 euros. I left last month.
Re: Study In South Cyprus by topsyking: 2:17pm On Sep 13, 2012
Well..that's good...do you have a sponsor back homw or you were working to pay the school..I just want to know more about it..
Re: Study In South Cyprus by MrChris1(m): 2:45pm On Sep 13, 2012
If you think you can study & work in Europe precisely in Cyprus as a student to pay your tuition, you must be joking. You can use your income to buy foodstuffs, pay your rent, electricity & water bills. Although, there are colleges that are cheaper in Cyprus.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Study In South Cyprus by chiboy11(m): 1:35pm On Sep 15, 2012
Mr. Chris:
If you think you can study & work in Europe precisely in Cyprus as a student to pay your tuition, you must be joking. You can use your income to buy foodstuffs, pay your rent, electricity & water bills. Although, there are colleges that are cheaper in Cyprus.
My bro tell dem wel,europe 4me s dead no job notin,imagie wat u say makin 4$ par hour workin dier n stil can't pay ur fee,america pricesly canada u earn 10$ par hour n u can work as long as ur body tells u,imagine makin 120k daily,ure wort more dan a zenith bank manager here
Re: Study In South Cyprus by peteafrik88(m): 3:28pm On Sep 22, 2012
Pls Mr. Chris, i am rili interested in going to University of nicosia. I am stil applyin yet and hope to be accepted for the fall batch ( October). Do you tink it is late for my application? What are the necessary documents that I need to submit, so as not to loose out on the time of application? Pls help me
Re: Study In South Cyprus by emmanuelson20: 8:17pm On Sep 22, 2012
Cyprus is a beautiful country to live in. Wish all prospective & current students the best in their Studies.
Re: Study In South Cyprus by MrChris1(m): 8:34pm On Sep 22, 2012
peteafrik88: Pls Mr. Chris, i am rili interested in going to University of nicosia. I am stil applyin yet and hope to be accepted for the fall batch ( October). Do you tink it is late for my application? What are the necessary documents that I need to submit, so as not to loose out on the time of application? Pls help me
Nice knowing that you are interested in studying in Cyprus. Sincerely, Yes! I think its too late for fall 2012 because it is expected that the orientation for freshmen begins this coming monday while classes begins on the 1st of october. I guess you need to plan towards Spring 2013. As for the documents required, what programme? Undergraduate or Graduate?
Re: Study In South Cyprus by MrChris1(m): 8:38pm On Sep 22, 2012
emmanuelson20: Cyprus is a beautiful country to live in. Wish all prospective & current students the best in their Studies.
Thanks a lot.
Re: Study In South Cyprus by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 25, 2012
Hi Mr. Chris,

Please can u give information about cheap universities to study for PGD in Cyprus? This info would higly be appreciated. Thnx
Re: Study In South Cyprus by MrChris1(m): 6:10pm On Sep 25, 2012
peaceheartt: Hi Mr. Chris,

Please can u give information about cheap universities to study for PGD in Cyprus? This info would higly be appreciated. Thnx
Good evening, it depends on your area of interest. However, most institutions offers Graduate Programs like Master of Business Administration, Banking, Finance, Marketing, Management, Economics, Computer, Information Systems, Health care, Engineering, Tourism, Hospitality management & so on. You asked for Cheaper ones which are mostly colleges. Check out Americanos College, CDA College, College of Tourism & Hotel Management, Cyprus International Institute of Management & Frederick University. Hope you get what you want from any of these schools. Take care.
Re: Study In South Cyprus by ObiomaA: 11:57pm On Sep 26, 2012
Mr Chris...is Cyprus a good country for Graduate Studies in International Relations/Diplomatic Studies
Re: Study In South Cyprus by MrChris1(m): 12:38am On Sep 27, 2012
ObiomaA: Mr Chris...is Cyprus a good country for Graduate Studies in International Relations/Diplomatic Studies
Yes! It is a good country for Studies generally & your Course is available in most institutions in Cyprus. Take Care.
Re: Study In South Cyprus by ObiomaA: 3:17pm On Sep 27, 2012
Mr. Chris:
Yes! It is a good country for Studies generally & your Course is available in most institutions in Cyprus. Take Care.
thanks chris I actually meant post graduate studies
Re: Study In South Cyprus by MrChris1(m): 8:48pm On Sep 27, 2012
ObiomaA: thanks chris I actually meant post graduate studies
Yes! It is good for post graduate studies as most high institutions offers courses like International Relations/Diplomatic Studies cuz of its importance it has towards Global Unity. Take Care.
Re: Study In South Cyprus by enwenwen: 5:52pm On Sep 04, 2013
mr chris i need ur help in getting admission into a south cyprus university that is cheap.
Re: Study In South Cyprus by ifecares: 11:35pm On Oct 05, 2013
@Mrchris
I jst got accepted into the university of nicosia to study MA digital media and communication.I wld be starting in the spring of next year.need info on the accommodation and leaving cost there.and hw easy is it to get a job.I also hear one cnt work until after 6 months.is dat true?another important thing is dis,I want to get some new outfits.I want to knw if it is wise(cheaper) to get them here or in nicosia.and give me some experience abt UNIC.personal I mean...
Re: Study In South Cyprus by MrChris1(m): 12:57am On Dec 25, 2013
ifecares: @Mrchris
I jst got accepted into the university of nicosia to study MA digital media and communication.I wld be starting in the spring of next year.need info on the accommodation and leaving cost there.and hw easy is it to get a job.I also hear one cnt work until after 6 months.is dat true?another important thing is dis,I want to get some new outfits.I want to knw if it is wise(cheaper) to get them here or in nicosia.and give me some experience abt UNIC.personal I mean...
Hey, Congrats on your acceptance. Are you still on it?
Re: Study In South Cyprus by ukicom86(m): 11:39pm On Jun 27, 2014
Please I wish to find out if my parents pay for my studies for a year, will I be able to work and complete my remaining 6months tuition by myself. I was accepted to study Oil and Gas Energy Engineering in Cyprus (M.Sc -18months). I need urgent response. What's the cost of flight from Nigeria to Nicosia?

Thanks.
Re: Study In South Cyprus by MrChris1(m): 10:44am On Jul 04, 2014
ukicom86: Please I wish to find out if my parents pay for my studies for a year, will I be able to work and complete my remaining 6months tuition by myself. I was accepted to study Oil and Gas Energy Engineering in Cyprus (M.Sc -18months). I need urgent response. What's the cost of flight from Nigeria to Nicosia?

Thanks.

Congratulations on your acceptance!

It all depends on which school you got accepted by! Because there are different tuition fees depending on schools you are accepted by.

But i must be honest with you, its nearly impossible to work as a Student in Cyprus and expect to finance a 6 month school tuition, accommodation, food, transportation if neccessary and so on with the little you might earn!

Maybe it would be able to cover for food, accommodation and other stuffs but not 6 month tuition fees.

As for flight to Cyprus, you are likely taking a 2 way or 3 way flight depending on what flight you end up with, Direct flights are as cheap as 90,000 up ward depending on which airline! Note! the prices fluctuates.

I MUST BE FRANK WITH YOU! YOU NEED FINANCE TO SUPPORT YOU.

1 Like

Re: Study In South Cyprus by ukicom86(m): 11:29pm On Jul 07, 2014
The school is University of Nicosia and my tuition is 4590 euros/year.
Re: Study In South Cyprus by Nobody: 2:49am On Jul 08, 2014
ukicom86: Please I wish to find out if my parents pay for my studies for a year, will I be able to work and complete my remaining 6months tuition by myself. I was accepted to study Oil and Gas Energy Engineering in Cyprus (M.Sc -18months). I need urgent response. What's the cost of flight from Nigeria to Nicosia?

Thanks.
When going to Republic of Cyprus, you need to note the followings:
1: You must have your OPEN return ticket with you
2: You must have minimum of 2500 euro's with you
3: You won't be allowed to work till after 6 months
If you don't have the above two, you will be sent back by Cyprus immigration boarder agency in the airport
Re: Study In South Cyprus by ukicom86(m): 6:09am On Jul 08, 2014
fados4sure:
When going to Republic of Cyprus, you need to note the followings:
1: You must You must have your OPEN return ticked with you
2: You must have minimum of 2500 euro's with you
3: You won't be allowed to work till after 6 months
If you don't have the above two, you will be sent back by Cyprus immigration boarder agency in the airport
. I already know that, Thanks though.
Re: Study In South Cyprus by ukicom86(m): 8:45pm On Jul 11, 2014
Plz am a bit confused right now. I just got another acceptance letter; Frederick University just gave me same course University of Nicosia offered me after about six months of applying. How do you rate Federick Uni & Uni of Nicosia?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Accident At Ozubulu Without Any Fatalities, Anambra (Photo) / Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? / Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut 12am Thursday - Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.