Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,516 members, 7,770,316 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:06 AM

Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? (23375 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? by collinsfbi(m): 1:34pm On Feb 08, 2012
Share your surviving tips here. . .

-How did you get your part-time job . .

-Cheap student accommodation . .

-How do you call home cheaply . .

Ask your questions here and if there is something missing on the list then suggest and it will be added.

@JW, when i saw your previous threads on the surviving tips of Nigerian students in the UK and Canada, I decided to come up with this, I think it will be of great benefit to many Nigerian students who wish to study in the following countries mentioned above.

Gbammmm over and out
Re: Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? by tmed1(m): 11:49am On Feb 09, 2012
I've been in north cyprus for not more than 4 days though.notwithstandin, i've learnt some things. As regards callin home: A student in north cyprus that is cognizant of the system here said it is better to use a pay phone(applicable to EMU,i don't know if it works for other cities ooo)just go to LONGSON precisely opp. BASKET, you can use 10TL to call for 10mins.CAUTION:Don't use it to make local calls ooo.its the opposite ehn, ehn

ACCOMODATION
Live on campus (DAU 4 for emu student)no water or electricity bills etc
JOB
I don't know about this becos i haven't started working nor made inquiry.Notwithstandin,if one is CREATIVE that shuldn't be a problem
EXPENSES
Cook ur food!-buy food stuffs in bulk.(from cheap shops) don't waste money on pizza,snacks or cafe meal.Those unneccessary things will consume ur cash
Don't compare urself with other student.Know ur family background nd limitation.BE contented.Don't be convetous.Buy things of necessity.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? by untainted: 9:09pm On Feb 09, 2012
Anybody studying in Turkey? For example in any of the universities in gazientep, mardin or diyarbakir.
Re: Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? by collinsfbi(m): 8:25pm On Feb 20, 2012
More comments pls
Re: Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? by eghost247(m): 7:55am On Feb 21, 2012
change the subject NC to north Cyprus and Sc to south Cyprus
Re: Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? by collinsfbi(m): 8:17am On Feb 21, 2012
change the subject NC to north Cyprus and Sc to south Cyprus

Not a bad idea, I was just trying to avoid long topic, thanks anyway.

Gbammm over and out

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? by deolub: 1:27pm On Feb 21, 2012
Please share more details
Re: Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? by collinsfbi(m): 9:51am On Feb 24, 2012
so let someone give us a list of top schools (internationally recognized) universities for postgrad in turkey? good for an average nigerian and their tution fees

All these you can do alone and don't wait till someone will come up with a list and tuition cost when you have google and other electronic search engines.

Gbammm over and out
Re: Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? by llbhuds: 11:52am On Feb 24, 2012
Both sides of the ireland NC and SC is only good for some1 who intends to go nd study and nothing more.
the jobs are xtremely limited on both side and even if u secure 1 it might not last long especially in SC.
its always good to live in d hostel for ur first yr so u can meet lots of peeps nd spend less and later u dcide which is good( hostel or not) good to share a room with some1
der are lots of callin cards,foneboots in cafes and websites wer u can call naija from ur PC nd its cheap.
Girlfriend also scarce for bothsides ooo but guys in NC dey enter lapta grin and philipinos dey help guys in SC but u might end up with a 40yr old filipino grin grin grin
Clubbin is good on bothsides but no go de show if u no get money
most importantly ABSTAIN FROM DRUGS.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? by collinsfbi(m): 2:18pm On Feb 27, 2012
Both sides of the ireland NC and SC is only good for some1 who intends to go nd study and nothing more.
the jobs are xtremely limited on both side and even if u secure 1 it might not last long especially in SC.
its always good to live in d hostel for ur first yr so u can meet lots of peeps nd spend less and later u dcide which is good( hostel or not) good to share a room with some1
der are lots of callin cards,foneboots in cafes and websites wer u can call naija from ur PC nd its cheap.
Girlfriend also scarce for bothsides ooo but guys in NC dey enter lapta Grin and philipinos dey help guys in SC but u might end up with a 40yr old filipino Grin Grin Grin
Clubbin is good on bothsides but no go de show if u no get money
most importantly ABSTAIN FROM DRUGS.

Thanks for contributing, Pls can you shed more light on the likely cost of monthly accommodation for a room, 2 rooms self-contained, 2 bedrooms flat, 3 bedrooms flat etc. I have friends planning September entry to North Cyprus most especially EMU for graduate studies and this will go a long way in helping many for effective planning. I will appreciate if you can also say something about cost of hostel accommodation?

Gbammm over and out

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 23, 2013
wow i never knew nigerians are in Cyprus and turkey........like literally Nigerians are all over the world

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? by momka3(m): 8:22am On Mar 06, 2013
wow, emu is good for some1 that wanted to read not to work........... but still people are working and that is the main thing naija people are doing to survive here
Re: Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 6:47am On Mar 07, 2013
momka3: wow, emu is good for some1 that wanted to read not to work........... but still people are working and that is the main thing naija people are doing to survive here
My friend be truthful. Which work are you or any Nigeria or international students are doing in North Cyprus?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? by suxes2005(m): 7:16am On Mar 07, 2013
Nice thread collinsfbi.

I met a NLder 3 yrs ago who's a student @ EMU.

His complain is always 'No Job' so anyone going there, NC
Should not think of a good part time job to survive.

As per turkey, I'll advice peeps to go there as there are lotta
Biz one can do from there and many more opp.

Sheyi
Re: Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? by keystone123(m): 3:52pm On Mar 16, 2013
I was told turkey is about to join EU is that true. anyone with useful information should answer me and perhaps is turkey good for hustling for JJC- journey just come.
Re: Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 16, 2013
keystone123: I was told turkey is about to join EU is that true. anyone with useful information should answer me and perhaps is turkey good for hustling for JJC- journey just come.
According to this website:
http://europa.eu/about-eu/countries/index_en.htm
Turkey is a candidate country...

I have transited through Turkey and i can tell you that Turkey is a nice place with a lot of opportunity as they are the 17th largest economy of the world. But, i will advise you as a brother. Don't go to Turkey
Reason because the country has boundary with a lot of dangerous Middle-Eastern countries like Syria and the rest.
Re: Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? by DisGuy: 11:11am On Apr 09, 2013
bump
Re: Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? by Macfedo(m): 7:54pm On Apr 13, 2013
I just applied for Grad studies...and I intend to school and work. am actually financing my movement. I hope one can get got part time job there?
Re: Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 14, 2013
Macfedo: I just applied for Grad studies...and I intend to school and work. am actually financing my movement. I hope one can get got part time job there?
Where?
Re: Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? by Macfedo(m): 6:44am On Apr 15, 2013
EMU...
Re: Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? by Macfedo(m): 6:49am On Apr 15, 2013
Anyone in EMU here? pls i need info abt the sch. i applied for grad studies for the fall semester and i want to sch and work.
Re: Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 15, 2013
Macfedo: Anyone in EMU here? pls i need info abt the sch. i applied for grad studies for the fall semester and i want to sch and work.
You want to work in Famagusta? I school in Lefkosa, the major city in Northern Cyprus... There are no jobs. "BE WARNED"
Re: Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? by worry359(m): 8:01am On Apr 15, 2013
Macfedo
If you read the North Cyprus thread well you will see that
Mr Wip7 has said MANY TIMES! That you need to come with enough funds to cover study and accomodation.
Jobs are few and hard to get this has been stated many many times.
There is nothing different in your case!!! Posting on different thread does not change the facts.
Go to Cyprus with FULL funds or you will starve and fail.
But you are probably another one of those who will not listen.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? by princetoochi: 1:09pm On May 24, 2013
pls ihave just got my acceptance letter from Emu and planning on securing my visa here in Nigeria.Though,am going for my masters in Economics and self sponsor but i needed some1 to share accommodation ,i mean a cheap accommodation that one can manage till school thing is over.Also,i need some old guys out there to update me on the challenges one is bound to face there cos am not much bust- up in terms of finance but believe strongly on my vision.Any1 with such info can contact me immediately,whether u are the 1 or u know some1.Thanks and God bless u.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? by princetoochi: 1:30pm On Jun 07, 2013
t-med:
I've been in north cyprus for not more than 4 days though.notwithstandin, i've learnt some things. As regards callin home: A student in north cyprus that is cognizant of the system here said it is better to use a pay phone(applicable to EMU,i don't know if it works for other cities ooo)just go to LONGSON precisely opp. BASKET, you can use 10TL to call for 10mins.CAUTION:Don't use it to make local calls ooo.its the opposite ehn, ehn

ACCOMODATION
Live on campus (DAU 4 for emu student)no water or electricity bills etc
JOB
I don't know about this becos i haven't started working nor made inquiry.Notwithstandin,if one is CREATIVE that shuldn't be a problem
EXPENSES
Cook ur food!-buy food stuffs in bulk.(from cheap shops) don't waste money on pizza,snacks or cafe meal.Those unneccessary things will consume ur cash
Don't compare urself with other student.Know ur family background nd limitation.BE contented.Don't be convetous.Buy things of necessity.
HEY! BRUV
PLS,i just secured admission to study msc economics in Emu come september session and am only trying to manage the little money i have here for both school fees and accommodation there,can u assist me to clear some doubts in me,is school hostel cheaper tthan that of off campus,if one is in hostel,can such person be allowed to come in with his foodstuffs and be cooking his food in the hostel,can u compare and contrast between school hostel and off campus in terms of their cost,as a student their rigth now can u asist me in hooking me up with somebody who stays off camp close to EMU who can share accomodation with me cos i dont really have much with me and bend on minimizing the rate OF spending there...Thanks bruv
Re: Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? by kandude(m): 12:32am On Jul 02, 2013
princetoochi:
HEY! BRUV
PLS,i just secured admission to study msc economics in Emu come september session and am only trying to manage the little money i have here for both school fees and accommodation there,can u assist me to clear some doubts in me,is school hostel cheaper tthan that of off campus,if one is in hostel,can such person be allowed to come in with his foodstuffs and be cooking his food in the hostel,can u compare and contrast between school hostel and off campus in terms of their cost,as a student their rigth now can u asist me in hooking me up with somebody who stays off camp close to EMU who can share accomodation with me cos i dont really have much with me and bend on minimizing the rate OF spending there...Thanks bruv
Bruv abeg how did u process your addmission?and how much does it cost for tuition.thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? by bosoo: 12:59pm On Sep 04, 2013
thanks for all the information it has been helpful
but i have few questions
does any one kown the cost of commendation in lefke off campus and is it a must that a student traveling for the first time must buy ticket for going and return or i can just buy going to north Cyprus only after getting me visa
Re: Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? by msdeeen(f): 4:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
pls are there scholarships for bsc in cyprus

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? by whitneyAnn: 9:31pm On Mar 12, 2015
Turkey isnt a bad idea though. Most schools are from 6kdollars and above... well housing could be like 400 dollars monthly depending on the location. Though they differ and people tend to rent houses with friends which is cheaper.. food stuffs are not really expensive. When comparing turkey with other European countries I can say its cheap here.. and the language isnt too difficult to learn..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 World’s Most Beautiful National Parks / First Okhiria Denies Attack On Abuja Bound Train / Multiple Vehicles Involved In An Accident In Delta State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.