Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

New Year Tragedy: Honor Killings Of Twins In Dallas Texas - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Year Tragedy: Honor Killings Of Twins In Dallas Texas (1184 Views)

Why You Should Honor God’s Ministers / Killings In The Bible Are Not The Same As Killings By Muslims / [~A Beautiful Reminder]~a Parable: "Twins In The Womb A Lesson In The Hereafter" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Year Tragedy: Honor Killings Of Twins In Dallas Texas by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 09, 2008
Funeral services–both Christian and Muslim–were held Saturday in Dallas for murdered teen sisters Sarah and Amina Yaser Said. Their father, wanted for capital murder in the case, remains on the loose. Dallas Morning News reports on family reaction–including remarks from the girls’ mother, brother, and great-aunt, who is convinced that the double slayings are honor killings and detailed the daughters’ abuse at the hands of the father:

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/01/06/relative-of-murdered-dallas-girls-this-was-an-honor-killing-father-abused-daughters/

Re: New Year Tragedy: Honor Killings Of Twins In Dallas Texas by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 09, 2008
Gail Gartrell, the sisters’ great-aunt, said Saturday that Mr. Said had physically abused the two girls for years. Around Christmas, the girls’ mother – Ms. Gartrell’s niece – had fled because of Mr. Said’s threats to kill the girls after he learned they had boyfriends, she said.

“She ran with them because she knew he would carry out the threat,” Ms. Gartrell said. “This was an honor killing.”

Poor mother,a Baptist woman married to a Muslim man when there's no union between the kingdom of darkness and the kingdom of light.
Let others learn from this unfortunate tragedy.
Muslims can kill their loved ones for leaving Islam
They can kill their wives and daughters for suspicion of not being chaste.
Mohammed did it,they also can do it.
Re: New Year Tragedy: Honor Killings Of Twins In Dallas Texas by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 09, 2008
Mohammed.

Muhammad practised honor killing.
He had a chance to set a good example but he failed.

Sahi Muslim No. 4206:

"A woman came to the prophet and asked for purification by seeking punishment. He told her to go away and seek God's forgiveness. She persisted four times and admitted she was pregnant. He told her to wait until she had given birth. Then he said that the Muslim community should wait until she had weaned her child. When the day arrived for the child to take solid food, Muhammad handed the child over to the community. And when he had given command over her and she was put in a hole up to her breast, he ordered the people to stone her. Khalid b. al-Walid came forward with a stone which he threw at her head, and when the blood spurted on her face he cursed her."

That is the religion of peace for you,Mohammed set the standard.
honor killings are common wherever Muslims are.
Re: New Year Tragedy: Honor Killings Of Twins In Dallas Texas by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 09, 2008
To butress my point see this.

[In some countries such as Jordan, Morocco and Syria, “honor crimes” are also legally sanctioned and defense of the family honor is considered a mitigating factor. Article 340 of the Penal Code of Jordan, for example, provides for an exemption from penalty if a man kills his wife or female relative after finding her “committing adultery with another.” It provides for a reduction in penalty if a man kills his wife or female relative after finding her “with another in an unlawful bed.” Similarly, Article 548 of the Penal Code of Syria also provides an exemption from penalty if a man kills or injures his wife or female after finding her committing adultery or other “illegitimate sexual acts with another.” The law also provides for a reduction in penalty for a man who kills or injures his female relative after catching her in a “suspicious state with another.” Also of concern is the way in which legislation in various countries awards lesser punishment in cases where the victim is considered to have “provoked” the crime by violating cultural norms.

http://www.feminist.com/violence/spot/honor.html

NB.not a feminist
Re: New Year Tragedy: Honor Killings Of Twins In Dallas Texas by quinofhart(f): 7:27pm On Jan 09, 2008
So sad. It goes on alot these days .

there is no honor in murder
Re: New Year Tragedy: Honor Killings Of Twins In Dallas Texas by Gamine(f): 7:30pm On Jan 09, 2008
Let me give you a tragedy that happened just across my apartment in VI

my neighbors raped a girl who came to visit in my house

now how sad is that

a seventeen year old girl

2 guys.

3hours.
Re: New Year Tragedy: Honor Killings Of Twins In Dallas Texas by holythug(m): 7:32pm On Jan 09, 2008
end of dayz angry
Re: New Year Tragedy: Honor Killings Of Twins In Dallas Texas by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 09, 2008
oh dear sad angry
Re: New Year Tragedy: Honor Killings Of Twins In Dallas Texas by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 09, 2008
Gamine:

Let me give you a tragedy that happened just across my apartment in VI

my neighbors raped a girl who came to visit in my house

now how sad is that

a seventeen year old girl

2 guys.

3hours.

Please tell me you called the police and they are locked up
Re: New Year Tragedy: Honor Killings Of Twins In Dallas Texas by otele(m): 12:00am On Jan 10, 2008
nwando:

Please tell me you called the police and they are locked up

police shocked shocked shocked
nwando when did you leave nigeria?
Re: New Year Tragedy: Honor Killings Of Twins In Dallas Texas by otele(m): 12:04am On Jan 10, 2008
i blame the girls' mother for their death, what in God's name was she doing getting entangled to a muslim? why should a xtain marry a muslim? the two religions are too incompatible to be in one family.period.

why is it always muslim men marrying xtain women? and then dealing with them later. muslims will not usually allow their daughters to marry xtain men. i'm sure the lady was in love and refused to think when she dabbled into marriage. now see the result. these muslims sef angry
Re: New Year Tragedy: Honor Killings Of Twins In Dallas Texas by Gamine(f): 1:13am On Jan 10, 2008
@Nwando

Sadly, it was the next day they were arrested while trying to sneak outta their house in the night

We didnt know till the next day.

But i just thank God they are now in Prison!

And i do hope they Rot there!
Re: New Year Tragedy: Honor Killings Of Twins In Dallas Texas by TheSly: 1:22am On Jan 10, 2008
*sighs*
Re: New Year Tragedy: Honor Killings Of Twins In Dallas Texas by Nobody: 3:49am On Jan 10, 2008
grin grin grin ;Dsomeone prove me wrong if islam is no a false religion angry angry angry
Re: New Year Tragedy: Honor Killings Of Twins In Dallas Texas by quinofhart(f): 10:33pm On Jan 10, 2008
jayon:

grin grin grin ;Dsomeone prove me wrong if islam is no a false religion angry angry angry

i think you will find all religion is guilty of one evil or another , its all in history too long to list  from the Christian crusade days to what we see now. When human beliefs i.e religion, faith, become threatened in any shape or form humans will always act irrationally.  From a simple debate amongst friends can explode a volcano of foul  words and broken relationships. One thing i never do with friends or work colleague is discuss religion, a single statement can cause offense beyond the imagination.
Re: New Year Tragedy: Honor Killings Of Twins In Dallas Texas by Dreloaded(f): 10:37pm On Jan 10, 2008
You'd think it supposedly being an "honor killing" the coward would have stayed around to be arrested.

Oloshi.
Re: New Year Tragedy: Honor Killings Of Twins In Dallas Texas by osisi5: 5:07am On Jan 11, 2008
D-reloaded:

You'd think it supposedly being an "honor killing" the coward would have stayed around to be arrested.

Oloshi.

That should have been the honorable thing for him to do

(1) (Reply)

Risen Ascended Glorified! / Giving To God And Giving To The Poor - Zac Poonen / Lets Discuss Bretrhen / Even Jesus Will Find This Funny.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.