Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. (22449 Views)

Nigeria Defence Academy(n.d.a) 2012-2013 Post Graduate Application / Unibadan Distance Learning 2011/2012 Admited Student Let Meet Here / NIGERIA DEFENCE ACADEMY ( NDA) PIN AND PAST QAUSTION ARE AVAILABE NOW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. by Madawaki01(m): 7:16pm On Sep 13, 2012
Do u want to go to the NDA?then let us meet and discuss here
Re: Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. by Odunnu: 7:54pm On Sep 13, 2012
Dont we have a thread on this already?
Re: Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. by Madawaki01(m): 8:41am On Sep 14, 2012
Odunnu: Dont we have a thread on this already?
no,we don't hav one b4
Re: Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. by CrazyMan(m): 8:50am On Sep 14, 2012
Madawaki01: Do u want to go to the NDA?then let us meet and discuss here
Are you planing on going direct, or do want to go through short service?
Re: Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. by Madawaki01(m): 8:54am On Sep 14, 2012
CrazyMan:
Are you planing on going direct, or do want to go through short service?
i'm planning to go direct(NDA)
Re: Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. by CrazyMan(m): 10:00am On Sep 14, 2012
Madawaki01: i'm planning to go direct(NDA)
Wao direct is very very very difficult.

I'm not discouraging you though but I tried it for three years, I wasn't successful then so I entered the university. I still haven't given up...I'm planing to apply for direct short service, and then convert to a regular officer. That would be around July next year.

I'm sure you know basic criteria for the direct one!.
Re: Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. by toyource: 12:09pm On Sep 14, 2012
When nda form of 2012/2013 will ßξ out
Re: Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. by Madawaki01(m): 5:35pm On Sep 14, 2012
CrazyMan:
Wao direct is very very very difficult.

I'm not discouraging you though but I tried it for three years, I wasn't successful then so I entered the university. I still haven't given up...I'm planing to apply for direct short service, and then convert to a regular officer. That would be around July next year.

I'm sure you know basic criteria for the direct one!.
yeah,i know it all
Re: Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. by lathyph: 5:40pm On Sep 14, 2012
Madawaki01: yeah,i know it all
can u pls shed light on d criteria...
Re: Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. by Madawaki01(m): 5:50pm On Sep 14, 2012
-b at least 17 years old and not more dan 21 -hav not less dan 5 credit including english and math in not more dan 2 sittings.
-b of gud moral character
-not less than 1.68 meters tall
-b a nigerian
-b mentally ok
-u can goggle search 4 more
Re: Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:20am On Sep 16, 2012
I Am A Guy Wit Some Fat Dont Knw If That Will Hinder My Being Admitted...HollaASAP
Re: Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. by Madawaki01(m): 6:58am On Sep 16, 2012
Harjibode: I Am A Guy Wit Some Fat Dont Knw If That Will Hinder My Being Admitted...HollaASAP
i don't think so,u wil b okay if u can run 3.2km under 18minutes
Re: Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. by CrazyMan(m): 8:11am On Sep 16, 2012
Harjibode: I Am A Guy Wit Some Fat Dont Knw If That Will Hinder My Being Admitted...HollaASAP
My dear loose some of your fatness.

Their screening is very strict...a typical NDA admission list shows not more than 6 and not less than 2 people from each state.

What I mean is that if 150 people from Anambra state purchase the form and sit for the exam, only about 3 or 4 would be admitted...and that's how it would be for all the 36 states across the federation, until they get their desired number of successful candidates.

Its really very difficult.

So work on yourself properly so as to avoid unnecessary disqualification.

Good luck.
Re: Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 16, 2012
@crazyman.....Thank You Very Much....#Will Do That
@OnTheOtherHand....do they release only admitted candidates result or all result b4 admission list
Re: Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. by CrazyMan(m): 12:17pm On Sep 16, 2012
Harjibode: OnTheOtherHand....do they release only admitted candidates result or all result b4 admission list
No...they release all results just like the normal university system. Usually, the exam is written around February, and the results comes out around...April.

Then they short list the successful ones...the then short listed successful candidates would then proceed further for an interview, screening, and physical clearance. Its during this stage that your height, your weight, your medical records, your Nationality, if you have any criminal record, the originality of your "O" level results etc...would be thoroughly checked.

During this stage over 65% of those that were short listed would be dropped due to one reason or the other.

The remaining candidates who successfully scale through this stage would become bonafide cadets of the NDA.

But you must note that even as a cadet, you haven't totally escaped the elimination process. Elimination and expulsion would keep on tormenting you until the day you graduate and become a 2nd lieutenant of the Nigerian Army...believe me that would be the happiest day of your life.
Re: Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 16, 2012
Pls...What Is Te Average Weight To Be Met Cos The Last Time I Checked I Am 82
Re: Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. by CrazyMan(m): 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2012
Harjibode: Pls...What Is Te Average Weight To Be Met Cos The Last Time I Checked I Am 82
I think the average weight there should be around 70-75kg...therefore I would suggest that you loose some weight. You can also try early morning jogging...you won't know the importance of it until you get there.

But the main criteria that they would look at during your screening wouldn't be your weight they would check if you're physically medically fit...and also, your height, which must not be less that 1.68m...that should be about 5feet 6 inches.

Anything less than that, you would be sent home.
Re: Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. by kenlite: 10:10am On Sep 21, 2012
Hi guyz, i really need ur advice badly, i really want to be a soldier by going to NDA, i meet all the criterials but i no God will equally help. But the problem is dat my parents are not in surport at all. Can i do it without them, is there any thing that they do there, dat i must bring my parents or my parents must do for me to successfully pass tru? Pls advice me, dis is my dream, i have just one year more.
Re: Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. by lathyph: 11:40am On Sep 21, 2012
@crazyman,is there going to b a thoroughful training after being shortlisted?
Re: Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. by Adufaye(m): 12:54pm On Sep 21, 2012
I sat 4 d exam last yr,simple questions,bt ma guy no connection wire lessa! 4 wat i heard dat made me nt 2 check 4 my name,was that dey only admit 50 candidate 4 each state,imagine ma state delta,ma numba waz delta2054,2 thousand o,chai....no of ma frnd c der name,no body 4 navy town barak in lagos even c der name....stupid sch!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. by Madawaki01(m): 12:55pm On Sep 21, 2012
lathyph: @crazyman,is there going to b a thoroughful training after being shortlisted?
very hard training

Re: Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 21, 2012
@maya....Nuttin Like This At NDA Anymore Ooo
Re: Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. by CrazyMan(m): 1:03am On Sep 22, 2012
kenlite: Hi guyz, i really need ur advice badly, i really want to be a soldier by going to NDA, i meet all the criterials but i no God will equally help. But the problem is dat my parents are not in surport at all. Can i do it without them, is there any thing that they do there, dat i must bring my parents or my parents must do for me to successfully pass tru? Pls advice me, dis is my dream, i have just one year more.
Your parents have to give you the green light...most especially if you're below 18.

Therefore, I would suggest that you try and convince them...give them strong reasons for your choice, and I'm sure that they would reason well with you...good luck.
Re: Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. by CrazyMan(m): 1:08am On Sep 22, 2012
lathyph: @crazyman,is there going to b a thoroughful training after being shortlisted?
Yea there would trainings. But the training would be mainly for further screening...once they've gotten the exact number of people they need, the successful ones would proceed into the Academy (university) for your main course...that should take about 4 or 5 years depending on your course of study. After which you would be given the rank of a 2nd lieutenant of the Nigerian Army.
Re: Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. by Madawaki01(m): 5:53am On Oct 20, 2012
Keep it going
Re: Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. by Generalmbc(m): 4:27pm On Oct 20, 2012
"Ihatedem Badperson > Nigerian Defence Academy "65th regular course" For those of you guys that wanted to apply for recruit in
the Nigerian navy Batch 23/24 form will be online from
29th oct 2012-7th dec 2012. Yesterday at 6:18pm · Unfollow Post · Like""Ihatedem Badperson > Nigerian Defence Academy "65th regular course" For those of you guys that wanted to apply for recruit in
29th oct 2012-7th dec 2012. Yesterday at 6:18pm · Unfollow Post · Like"
"Ihatedem Badperson > Nigerian Defence Academy "65th regular course" For those of you guys that wanted to apply for recruit in
29th oct 2012-7th dec 2012. Yesterday at 6:18pm · Unfollow Post · Like"
Re: Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 28, 2012
Madawaki01:
-u can goggle search 4 more

visit www.nda.edu.ng
www.ndakadunaonline.org
Re: Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. by Generalmbc(m): 1:30pm On Nov 02, 2012
Nigerian Defence Academy 65TH Regular Course Application
Online Application for Admission in 65TH Regular Course
Starts: 11/05/2012 12:00AM Ends: 2013-02-28:00.000
Nigerian Defence Academy, Kadina
Email
Password
Sign In
Before you proceed please read the following instructions carefully.
General Information Requirements Exam Subjects Centres FAQS
SALE OF APPLICATION FORMS
This is to inform the general public that online application for admission into the 65th Regular Course of the Nigerian DefenceAcademy, Kaduna will be available for sale from 1st November 2012 to 28th February 2013 . Admission into NDA is open to both MALE and FEMALE Nigerians. Upon purchase of Access or PIN Codes, prospective candidates should follow the link on the NDA Official Website or log on to the Application Portal and complete the online application form.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates are advised to purchase access or PIN codes from any of the branches or cash offices of Zenith Bank Plc nationwide, at the cost of ₦2,500.00 only, excluding bank charges of ₦500.00 for an online application. Applicants applying for admission into NDA MUST also apply to the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board and carefully select Nigerian Defence Academy as their choice of university. Such applicants are expected to sit sit for the Universal Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) .
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Applications should be submitted online. Oncompletion of the online application, candidates are to download an Acknowledgement Form. Upon release of the JAMB results, candidates should return to the applications portal and download their Examination Admission Card . Only candidates who make the JAMB national cut-off marks will have access to print out the Examination Admission Card.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The requirements for various undergraduate degree programmes are as detailed in the NDA website / applications portal, as well as in the JAMB Brochure and website. All other information concerning degree courses, eligibility and examination centres are as contained in the NDA website / applications portal.
EXAMINATION CONDITIONS
Only candidates who meet the JAMB national cut-off mark will be eligible to sit for the examination at the Examination Centre of choice.
EXAMINATION DATE AND CONDITIONS
The examination will be conducted as a Selection Examination (similar to Post–UTME examination), and is scheduled to hold on Saturday 18 May 2013 . Therefore, all eligiblecandidates are to please bring along their Acknowledgement Form , JAMB result slip and TWO (2) postcard size (3.5 x 5 inches) photographs to the Examination Centre on the examination date. The photographs should show only from the chest upwards and should contain candidate’s Name, State, Centre and Signature at the back. Only successful candidates at the NDA Selection Exams will subsequently be invited for the Armed Forces Selection Board following which the list of admitted candidates will be published.
NATURE AND DURATION OF TRAINING
Admitted candidates into NDA for the Regular Course will undergo military and academic training as Officer Cadets for a duration of 5 years. On successful completion of training, graduands will earn a university first degree (BSc, BEng, BA) anda commission into the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
ADMINISTRATION
Regular Course cadets will train at NDA Permanent Site, Kaduna. Cadets will be kitted, accommodated and fed at Federal Government expense throughout the duration of training. Officer cadets will also receive a monthly allowance for general upkeep.
REFERENCE MATERIALS
In response to request from candidates for reference materials, the Academy has offered a Compendium of Past Questions & Answers at a cost of ₦3,000.00 only. This can be purchased from the Registry Department, NDA or from designated ZenithBank branches.
Re: Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. by trulygirl: 5:12pm On Nov 02, 2012
this is correct website
www.ndaaplications.org will be on sale from 5th Nov - Feb 28th 2013
Re: Nigeria Defence Academy Prospective Student,let's Meet Here. by Adufaye(m): 6:36am On Nov 03, 2012
if u knw u r nt fit dnt go o,if u knw u r nt fit nd u dnt hv strng conection lyk,senator,c.n.s,f.o.c,c.a.s,etc dnt go o,last 2yrs pple die o!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet Olugbenga Alabi: OOU's First Distinction In Medicine / Where Can I Download Full Further Maths Project 2 Textbook / Nigerian Dropout Alexander Amosu Bags Honorary PhD In Enterpreurship(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.