Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,593 members, 7,850,995 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:59 AM

Advice Needed On Relocation - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice Needed On Relocation (934 Views)

Traffic Gridlock: Ambode Orders Relocation Of Bus Terminals / Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport / What Is Abuja Like? Is Relocation Advisable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed On Relocation by dave07(m): 8:08pm On Sep 13, 2012
Hi, a friend is in serious need of advice especially from those residing in the UK. He is presently employed in Nigeria on a monthly salary of N160K aside housing which is about 400K/annum and other minor allowances. The offer in the Uk is around £45K/ annum aside car loan and one time offer of assistance towards settlement around warwick. The certificate of sponsorship will be issued by the company once my friend is ready to begin the visa application processes. We have heard that the tax in the Uk is heavy as well as high cost of living. What advise would you give to this person based on conditions stated. Pls this is real and honest counsel is being sought, forgive me for not going into too much details, but will you take this offer and relocate and why? God bless you and no insults pls
Re: Advice Needed On Relocation by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 13, 2012
Nigeria is better
Re: Advice Needed On Relocation by dave07(m): 9:55pm On Sep 13, 2012
olas2u: Nigeria is better
how? With £45K/annum that translates to more than N750K per month. How much of this is likely to go on tax and living cost for one person?
Re: Advice Needed On Relocation by abiL(f): 11:13pm On Sep 13, 2012
The tax in the UK isn't excruciating. With his £45,000 per year salary and even after tax, your friend will still be able to live a very comfortable life. Some people in England survive with a yearly income of around £30,000 (before tax), and they have a good quality of life.

The salary your friend will be earning in the UK, will be far better than what he could earn in Nigeria.

There's more to life than money, so your friend should seek the counsel of God on the issue. If I was him, I would definitely not miss an opportunity to relocate abroad because there are better Oppurtunities here.

By the way, I live in England

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On Relocation by uboma(m): 12:09am On Sep 14, 2012
abiL: The tax in the UK isn't excruciating. With his £45,000 per year salary and even after tax, your friend will still be able to live a very comfortable life. Some people in England survive with a yearly income of around £30,000 (before tax), and they have a good quality of life.

The salary your friend will be earning in the UK, will be far better than what he could earn in Nigeria.

There's more to life than money, so your friend should seek the counsel of God on the issue. If I was him, I would definitely not miss an opportunity to relocate abroad because there are better Oppurtunities here.

u sound suspicious. U registered on September 13, 2012 and of all the threads on NL u choose to respond to this. Hmmmn! By the way, who asked u where u live?
Re: Advice Needed On Relocation by abiL(f): 12:17am On Sep 14, 2012
uboma:
u sound suspicious. U registered on September 13, 2012 and of all the threads on NL u choose to respond to this. Hmmmn! By the way, who asked u where u live?

LOL how do I sound suspicious? I'm only giving my opinion on the question asked. Don't even know why I'm choosing to acknowledge your stupidness, but I only mentioned where I live because the poster wanted advice from UK residents. && yeah I did join nairaland today... So what? There was a time when you were new on this. I've been a guest on this site for a long time, but I decided to become a member so I can give my opinion. Problem fa/g?
Re: Advice Needed On Relocation by abiL(f): 12:30am On Sep 14, 2012
uboma:

To add to what I've previously stated, you have clearly got too much time on your hand to be checking when I registered on this site. You might need to consider getting yourself a job that pays, and one that doesn't involve stalking people
Re: Advice Needed On Relocation by dave07(m): 9:13am On Sep 14, 2012
abiL: The tax in the UK isn't excruciating. With his £45,000 per year salary and even after tax, your friend will still be able to live a very comfortable life. Some people in England survive with a yearly income of around £30,000 (before tax), and they have a good quality of life.

thanks for the response, it is appreciated, we' ve been seeking God's counsel on this realy, just wanted to know the challenges one might face with the relocation considering also the fact that his marriage is relatively fresh. In fact, he was in the uk earlier this year b4 the olympics (for a module of an M.Sc distant learning programme) and that is how he came in contact with the offer. Also considering the standard of living he witnessed coupled with uniqueness of the academic programme compared to what is obtainable in naija, the offer looks so tempting. That is why he is taking his time to seek for counsel before making the next move.
uboma:
must you comment if you have nothing to contribute to the thread. l doubt if you even read my opening, cos you wouldnt be embarrasing yourself as you just did, beside stalking people who have no time for you.BTW it is better to be a first timer onNL and contibute to a thread sensibly than be a member for years with rubbish posts giving you high number of posts made.
Pls, pls I need only serious and sincere comments, not trollers. No offense meant pls!
Re: Advice Needed On Relocation by abiL(f): 11:17am On Sep 14, 2012
dave07: thanks for the response, it is appreciated, we' ve been seeking God's counsel on this realy, just wanted to know the challenges one might face with the relocation considering also the fact that his marriage is relatively fresh. In fact, he was in the uk earlier this year b4 the olympics (for a module of an M.Sc distant learning programme) and that is how he came in contact with the offer. Also considering the standard of living he witnessed coupled with uniqueness of the academic programme compared to what is obtainable in naija, the offer looks so tempting. That is why he is taking his time to seek for counsel before making the next move. d.

A challenge he might face will be the difference in culture. But since you stated that he has been here before, he would have experienced it himself, and adapted himself to the culture difference. With relocating abroad, having/getting a job might be difficult, but your friend has got a job offer which is great.

With regards to his marriage, it will be difficult leaving his loved one behind, but with focus, aim, and determination, he will be able to process an application for his wife to join him after a few years of him living in the UK. He should however bear in mind that the government in the uk are trying to restrict immigration to their country, but there's nothing prayer cannot solve. && as long as both partners are faithful to one another, their marriage will be able to stand the test of time.

I wish your friend all the best!
Re: Advice Needed On Relocation by Talk2naija(m): 3:50pm On Sep 14, 2012
my own main advice is that, out of 100% Nigerian, 90% will take the Offer without Hestitation including me. If i am in his shoes i wil be on my way to start the Visa Application.

(1) (Reply)

10 Societies Buried Beneath Your Feet / 5 Easy Ways To Save Money On Meals While Traveling / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.