Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Music Awards In Nigeria:have You Noticed These Mistakes? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Awards In Nigeria:have You Noticed These Mistakes? (1059 Views)

Have You Noticed This "growing" Effect On Wizkid's Album? / Does Nigeria Have An Official Music Chart? / Rick Ross To Perform At Mtv Mama Awards In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Music Awards In Nigeria:have You Noticed These Mistakes? by eccentric(m): 10:57am On Jan 10, 2008
Few categories:there are more kinds of music in nigeria besides hiphop.Yet it's only the music of the recent popular acts they consider?Popularity aint sales.
Wrong categories:What they most times refer to as "hiphop" is not even hiphop.Eg faze's kolomental won best hip hop video at NMVA awards last year. shocked That song was raggaetton.And they even nominated 2face's reggae song if love is a crime as RnB These people are so lost.Who will teach this award organizers that hiphop is what rappers mostly do eg; ruggedman,freestyle and mode9etc and Rnb is the likes of Dare art alade,silver saddih,paulplay etc
In Naija there are various categories of music; eg poprock,pop,raggaetton,ragga or garala,dancehall,reggae,Rnb,hiphop or rap,fuji,juju,afrobeat,jazz,soul,highlife,Gospel, et al.
Why can't they properly investigate before these awards and arrange their categories properly like they do in civilized countries?Ignorant buffoons!Soon they will nominate wande caols's booty call video as best Rnb video instead of dancehall.MAAAAAD SUCKERS!!!
Re: Music Awards In Nigeria:have You Noticed These Mistakes? by bolajibaok(m): 1:02pm On Jan 10, 2008
@eccentric aka egocetric
your 100% correct
kali's award was guilty of this. they dont understand hiphop . where is saucekid , gino ,modenine, ruggedman. can u imagine they called faze kolomental rap/hiphop. ?na wa o

eccentric , u will be hearing more from me on this . didnt know u also noticed too. good thread for argument.
Re: Music Awards In Nigeria:have You Noticed These Mistakes? by mellie: 1:24pm On Jan 10, 2008
this is an important observation.We can't just fold our arms and watch our awards go awry.These people need orientation and re-education.They are so damned ignorant.They can't even appropriately categorize nigerian music,artistes and their genre.Na wa o!
Re: Music Awards In Nigeria:have You Noticed These Mistakes? by Baro(m): 1:48pm On Jan 10, 2008
Nice thread, Nigerian music awards are fundamentally and fraudulently flawed, will be back for more comments
Re: Music Awards In Nigeria:have You Noticed These Mistakes? by sect(m): 11:01pm On Jan 10, 2008
U can imagine obiwon's dance song 'get em up' won best male voice in nigeria music awards.i've always said it dat awards are never d true determinant of good artists. Moreover av u noticed dat pple dat are always enlisted as nominees are always popular artists,dey'll never carry out in-depth search 4 their nominees,they'll never mention nominees or artists dat will shock everyone, never!!! its always d big names & lots of politics are involved
Re: Music Awards In Nigeria:have You Noticed These Mistakes? by tosinadeda: 11:06pm On Jan 10, 2008
all na arraingee now, so wetin u xpect
Re: Music Awards In Nigeria:have You Noticed These Mistakes? by Baro(m): 1:45am On Jan 11, 2008
@Sect,
That's even pardonable, how about Obiwon winning "Voice of the Decade award" ? that was the biggest joke of the decade. When did Obiwon come to limelight? how many Nigerians know that Obiwon even sings, how many copies has Obiwon's Albums sold, how many shows has he headlined? But just because Efe Freak Omorogbe(Obiwon's Manager) was very involved in the Awards, he gets a slot for his boy. Voice of the Decade nor too small? what of Voice of the Millineium, tongue Rubbish!!

Sometime last year it was reported in a Nigerian daily that in one award held in London, Daddy Showkey was nominated in the same category with African China, guess what Showkey said when he was asked to comment, he asked for which song he was being nominated,cos he knew he hasn't released any album for quite a long time. He went on to chide the organizers by saying that if they wanted him to grace their award ceremony with his presence they should simply invite him, instead of using nomination to achieve that

P.S
This is not to take anything away from Obiwon, he is very talented, and am a fan of his "Onyinye" , but crowning him the voice of the decade is wearing him is father's shoe. If i were him i would reject that curse awardvery anticlimatic for him
Re: Music Awards In Nigeria:have You Noticed These Mistakes? by sect(m): 6:33am On Jan 11, 2008
The worst part of it is dat, it wasn't onyinye dat won him the award,it was his dance song. You can just imagine!! party song go dey win best voice of the decade.
Re: Music Awards In Nigeria:have You Noticed These Mistakes? by kosovo(m): 10:26am On Jan 11, 2008
hmmmm
this is really serious.
sect wats crackin?
Re: Music Awards In Nigeria:have You Noticed These Mistakes? by sect(m): 10:49am On Jan 11, 2008
Koso how you dey now? For a while you were dormant,it seems it took a long time b4 you were unbanned
Re: Music Awards In Nigeria:have You Noticed These Mistakes? by kosovo(m): 10:59am On Jan 11, 2008
sect
not too long i actually gave ma self a break
m cool ooh.
Re: Music Awards In Nigeria:have You Noticed These Mistakes? by Baro(m): 12:31pm On Jan 11, 2008
In the maiden edition of the Hiphopworld Awards, there was a category won by Tuface called; [b]"Special recogniton Award"[/b]when it was a known fact that Tu had no new work then, so what was that award for? Yep, i have the answer, the category was created to pay homage to some industry bigwigs.

It would interest you that the said award category never featured in the second edition, comfirming the suspicion that it was doled out for "selfish reasons". Why would an award category be created for just an artiste?  Isn't there supposed to be standard defined categories for awards?
Re: Music Awards In Nigeria:have You Noticed These Mistakes? by sect(m): 1:07pm On Jan 11, 2008
Yeah very soon now,we go hear say 2face don win lifetime achievement award then dbanj will be the best male voice, just dey watch.
Re: Music Awards In Nigeria:have You Noticed These Mistakes? by playmate(f): 10:17pm On Jan 11, 2008
am really sick of d way pple talk bout 2face like he's any better dan oda artistes,dey jst carry him like a god it sucks.dat special recog award was jst a way of compesatin him nd doin eye service,simple truth.

talkin bout d awards one of d worst is dat of infinity wu carted away 7 awards,dat was outrageous,i first tut der were no gud nominees bt i realized dat it has neva happened at least nt 2 my knowlegde dat an artiste wuld win dat many awards at a tym,infact dat finally hit d nail home nd it dawned on me dat nig awards re being dished out nd nt truly awarded.

(1) (Reply)

East Asian Music / Lyrics / Is Droping A Dance Track Sell Out? ( For Rappers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.