Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Does Nigeria Have An Official Music Chart? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Does Nigeria Have An Official Music Chart? (3979 Views)

NEW OFFICIAL MUSIC>> Korede Bello – Cold Outside (prod By Don Jazzy) / Nigerian Music Chart[3rd Feb To 6th Feb] / Nigerian Music Chart On NL Debuts 2mao (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Nigeria Have An Official Music Chart? by xalixo: 6:41pm On Aug 11, 2011
Many countries have established music charts that help guide on the status of the music industry in their country. Recently in Uganda a new chart was started called the Uganda Top 40 Chart and its even online with free downloads:

http://www.kerere.com/chart

What I want to know is whether Naija has a comprehensive music chart based on aggregated radio airplay or music sales like the one in Uganda above or there is still none? Any links would help.
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Official Music Chart? by amblors(m): 6:59pm On Aug 11, 2011
hmm! pretty good question, i know radio stations have their charts,
i have seen one on a website, can't remember the url,
would share if i do remember.
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Official Music Chart? by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 24, 2011
Some radio and tv stations have their charts, ve seen one on splash fm (ibadan) website too. Dunno abt d official one sha
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Official Music Chart? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:43am On Aug 24, 2011
All Nigerian Radio Stations have their charts but it is not based on air-play on listerners polls, it is based on how much you pay them to play your track and how long you want it to be there. sad
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Official Music Chart? by Tunsbobo(m): 7:48am On Aug 24, 2011
I think there is a 'mtn' top ten that is usually aired on many radio stations every week!
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Official Music Chart? by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 24, 2011
I don't think so.
Billboard magazine which has the feel of the official chart in the US runs its chart on criteria such as Record sales,Duration on the chart and airpay across radio stations across the country.
I don't see that happening here.MTN top 10 isn't exactly what you'll call an official chart.
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Official Music Chart? by jerryben12: 8:45am On Aug 24, 2011
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Official Music Chart? by macroworld: 9:02am On Aug 24, 2011
There is a system that underpins sum aggregate sales of music over a given period. This is what determines the charts, thus top 10, 20, 40 or any number. I do not think Nigeria has a macro system that track retailers/ online sales/ air play. Different Radio stations might have theirs. Also I think we need to be reviewing if in Nigeria what will be more useful will be a rating based on Sales, Airplay, a combination of both or based on other basis. I think the Country is due for an Official Music Chart. It will put Nigeria's music industry into some better structure both from Consumption and Production Perspectives.
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Official Music Chart? by marcus1234: 9:19am On Aug 24, 2011
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Official Music Chart? by rrhostomy(m): 9:48am On Aug 24, 2011
www.naijamusic.net
Www.mp3twit.com/rhostomy
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Official Music Chart? by ogbongzky(m): 9:51am On Aug 24, 2011
the Alaba whizMEN will be in best position to answer this question ooo grin
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Official Music Chart? by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 24, 2011
I was just thinking along that line in the past couple of days. There is none at the moment but something will surely come up soon.
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Official Music Chart? by natume: 10:59am On Aug 24, 2011
nothing official i guess.
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Official Music Chart? by Blakjewelry(m): 11:16am On Aug 24, 2011
No, there is no official chart. Although i am silently trying to create one, there is alot challenges like piracy which make it add to determine true sale and also most retail sale do not keep record of sale.
There is also this problem of illegal digital transfer of music. No, there is no official chart. Although i am silently trying to create one, there is alot challenges like piracy which make it add to determine true sale and also most retail sale do not keep record of sale.
There is also this problem of illegal digital transfer of music.
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Official Music Chart? by JohnRambo9: 1:08pm On Aug 24, 2011
BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN
Why American men should boycott American women

http://boycottamericanwomen..com

I am an American man, and I have decided to boycott American women. In a nutshell, American women are the most likely to cheat on you, to divorce you, to get fat, to steal half of your money in the divorce courts, don’t know how to cook or clean, don’t want to have children, etc. Therefore, what intelligent man would want to get involved with American women?

American women are generally immature, selfish, extremely arrogant and self-centered, mentally unstable, irresponsible, and highly unchaste. The behavior of most American women is utterly disgusting, to say the least.

This blog is my attempt to explain why I feel American women are inferior to foreign women (non-American women), and why American men should boycott American women, and date/marry only foreign (non-American) women.

BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN!

Are you a man who is interested in marrying indian women? Please visit Indian-Wife.com, India's 1st International Marriage Bride Site:

http://www.indian-wife.com
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Official Music Chart? by MMM2(m): 1:37pm On Aug 24, 2011
i think Rythm have.
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Official Music Chart? by yemee: 8:06pm On Aug 24, 2011
Nope.Who cares anyway,they churn out rubbish grin
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Official Music Chart? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 25, 2011
JohnRambo9:

BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN
Why American men should boycott American women

http://boycottamericanwomen..com

I am an American man, and I have decided to boycott American women. In a nutshell, American women are the most likely to cheat on you, to divorce you, to get fat, to steal half of your money in the divorce courts, don’t know how to cook or clean, don’t want to have children, etc. Therefore, what intelligent man would want to get involved with American women?

American women are generally immature, selfish, extremely arrogant and self-centered, mentally unstable, irresponsible, and highly unchaste. The behavior of most American women is utterly disgusting, to say the least.

This blog is my attempt to explain why I feel American women are inferior to foreign women (non-American women), and why American men should boycott American women, and date/marry only foreign (non-American) women.

BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN!

Are you a man who is interested in marrying indian women? Please visit Indian-Wife.com, India's 1st International Marriage Bride Site:

http://www.indian-wife.com
Can you get me an Indian wife? grin
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Official Music Chart? by tpia1: 4:45am On Oct 05, 2014
topic

not as far as i know.

(1) (Reply)

Click And Download Free Naija Beat. / Songs You Wish You Wrote? / DOWNLOAD MP3: BTS – Dynamite [video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.