Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,923 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set (18390 Views)

Nigerian Tax Authorities Will Not Spare Linda Ikeji Next Year - Charles Novia / Omotola Is The Most Beautiful Actress To Grace The Nigerian Cinema ( Pics) / Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by semid4lyfe(m): 6:23am On Sep 14, 2012

[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L29tb3RvbGxsYWFhYS5qcGd8NjAw[/img]

‘I am very dangerous when I am cross, Omotola. By the time I am through with you, you will be shocked what will happen to you and your career

The above statement is an extract from the book written by the prolific film maker, actor and director, Charles Novia.

Charles has poetically revealed the secret behind his fight with Omotola Jolade-Ekeinde.

'Nollywood Till November' the book, states "As the recording of the movie continued Omotola somehow started getting on a lot of the crew and cast nerves. Since this is a ‘tell-it-like-it-is’ book and since I am generally known to be outspoken, I believe I have to reveal a bit of this, not in any way to disparage her person but to be candid in my opinion. Little unnecessary skirmishes with one person or the other became rampant. It got to a head one day that my Production Manager, who is usually easy-going and friendly lost his temper and came to me. ‘Sir, please this will be the last time I will ever work with you if Omotola features in your movie after this one!’ he complained.

I was taking everything in my stride and trying to calm frayed nerves when a couple of days to the end of the shoot, Omotola practically drove me crazy. I am very calm most of the time as a person and as a movie director but that day I blew my top!

I remember screaming at her and she was shocked at first but made the mistake of putting up a defence. That was when I basically warned her in a very deadly tone to be mindful of me.

Most of my crew members were shocked to see me in that mood. No one had ever seen me like that. I remember Norbert Young, Empress and Tari West calming me, while Ramsey sat coolly in a corner fiddling with his phone. Omotola seeing my mood, wisely went to her car and sulked.‘Who told you to leave my set?’ I bawled. ‘Get back here and lets shoot!’

All this and many more filled the beautiful pages of the veteran film-maker's book

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/18865/1/charles-novia-opens-up-on-fight-between-omotola-jo.html
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by semid4lyfe(m): 6:58am On Sep 14, 2012
Charles Novia is not in the class of the Tunde Kelani's, Jeta Amata's & Kunle Afolayan's but he's a "decent" filmmaker.

I've seen some of his old works on TV and they were okay. I've also listened to/watched some interviews he's granted over the years and he packs quite a punch. . .as in, doesn't mince words. wink

He's always been very critical of the actors & actresses and the Nigerian Film Industry as a whole. I'm not surprised this is coming from him.

If what he says is true, I can't say I'm surprised cos most "A-list" Nigerian Actors & Actresses feel they're doing the Directors a big favour by appearing in their films. . .like sey na free dem do am and dem no dey get paid undecided

Hope he doesn't intend to use Omotola for a future movie project otherwise O-Y-O for him. grin

This may also be a ploy to generate some controversy & publicity to sell his book. cool

5 Likes

Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by Chanchit: 8:04am On Sep 14, 2012
I think Omotola is stepping on some toes of late, this is the second news I'm reading on her this early morning.

3 Likes

Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by Afam4eva(m): 1:53pm On Sep 14, 2012
semid4lyfe: Charles Novia is not in the class of the Tunde Kelani's, Jeta Amata's & Kunle Afolayan's but he's a "decent" filmmaker.

I've seen some of his old works on TV and they were okay. I've also listened to/watched some interviews he's granted over the years and he packs quite a punch. . .as in, doesn't mince words. wink

He's always been very critical of the actors & actresses and the Nigerian Film Industry as a whole. I'm not surprised this is coming from him.

If what he says is true, I can't say I'm surprised cos most "A-list" Nigerian Actors & Actresses feel they're doing the Directors a big favour by appearing in their films. . .like sey na free dem do am and dem no dey get paid undecided

Hope he doesn't intend to use Omotola for a future movie project otherwise O-Y-O for him. grin

This may also be a ploy to generate some controversy & publicity to sell his book. cool

The bolded is an insult to Charles Novia. WTF is Kunle Afolayan? When did he start making movies that makes him better than Charles Novia who's been in this business for a long time now. The only person i respect there is Tunde Kelani and to a lesser extent Jeta Amata but not Kunle who's stilla newbie in the business.

@topic
Omotola is known to be very rude and crude on set. I remember she once had a problem with Kaffy(dancer) on the set on one of her music videos. Many people have been complaining about her disgusting character on set. The only person who comes close to her in terms of this bad behavior is Oge Okoye who slaps anybody at will.

6 Likes

Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by Rastamann: 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2012
What is my business if both of them can not work amicably on set? This is cheap popularity for a book whose content has no relevance.

5 Likes

Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by irecruit(m): 1:59pm On Sep 14, 2012
[color=#770077]what is really going on in the Nigeria film industry? This should all stop. They should live in peace and not quarreling over some stupid issues. [/color]
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by SisiKill1: 2:08pm On Sep 14, 2012
Well how will they know she's a self titled Diva if she doesn't act like one?? undecided

I find it funny that an actress featuring in this kobo kobo Nollywood movies can be diva-ing all over the place. If she's raking in millions and millions of Dollars now. . shei we will understand. You are acting in a D rated movie from a two bit movie industry and you doing shakara?

Na wa oh

2 Likes

Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by pato405(m): 2:09pm On Sep 14, 2012
both Charlse Novia and co directors, actors and actresses are all the same. very difficult people. Nigerians are hardly ever tolerant of one another. always overweening and over bearing. everyone wants to play the boss and get recognition. the decorums of humility often hurled to the winds in desperate bid to out-class others. SMH. all of una na d same joor!

5 Likes

Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by ebamma(m): 2:12pm On Sep 14, 2012
And how will this help patience jonathan recover from her illness

6 Likes

Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by Afam4eva(m): 2:13pm On Sep 14, 2012
pato405: both Charlse Novia and co directors, actors and actresses are all the same. very difficult people. Nigerians are hardly ever tolerant of one another. always overweening and over bearing. everyone wants to play the boss and get recognition. the decorums of humility often hurled to the winds in desperate bid to out-class others. SMH. all of una na d same joor!
How will a boss be playing the boss? The director is the manager on the set and everybody is under him. I don't get your point.

2 Likes

Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by poweredcom(m): 2:18pm On Sep 14, 2012
All this our actresses we see on tv are not truly who they seems to be they have bad behaviour -
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by ujukala: 2:19pm On Sep 14, 2012
The man is just airing his views.
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by ask4double(m): 2:26pm On Sep 14, 2012
Person wey fine don fine finish..... see how pretty she looks even with a frowned face, GOSH! I love em pretty....
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 14, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Well how will they know she's a self titled Diva if she doesn't act like one?? undecided

I find it funny that an actress featuring in this kobo kobo Nollywood movies can be diva-ing all over the place. If she's raking in millions and millions of Dollars now. . shei we will understand. You are acting in a D rated movie from a two bit movie industry and you doing shakara?

Na wa oh

D-Rated? You gotta be kidding me. We are below the American D-Rate. Talk about F9-Rated piece of crap the industry keeps churning out. I wonder how on earth my wife and mom watch all this rubbish coming from your Nolly-shyt.

5 Likes

Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by Africasjolie: 2:28pm On Sep 14, 2012
Chanchit: I think Omotola is stepping on some toes of late, this is the second news I'm reading on her this early morning.
My dear this happened back in 2000.
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by honouruy(m): 2:32pm On Sep 14, 2012
So make i start 2 run na
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by tjskii(f): 2:35pm On Sep 14, 2012
Wats annoying me in dis whole matter is dt Omotola can't act these days,shez always tryin to speak fonee and do americana in her movies,but her acting ends up looking forced and artificial undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by SisiKill1: 2:35pm On Sep 14, 2012
aasog1:

D-Rated? You gotta be kidding me. We are below the American D-Rate. Talk about F9-Rated piece of crap the industry keeps churning out. I wonder how on earth my wife and mom watch all this rubbish coming from your Nolly-shyt.

Rotflmao!! I was trying to be nice!

It's GENEROUS FRIDAY where I come from!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by Africasjolie: 2:38pm On Sep 14, 2012
It's as if y'll dnt kw charles novia.This guy is coming for the likes of omotola,genevieev ini edo,emeka ike and co.This same charles in 2008 insulted omotola genny nd co calling them over used and overrated.Telling them dey are all phasing out and are not well developed actors.This same guy clled ini edo talentless and peripheral and asked d reason? d guy said ini edo grew too fast in the industry dat her first movie was a hit blah blah.He called omot,genny nd co talentless dat dey should give way to upcoming talents,if it were now we will understad but at that time dey were so huge,deir reign just started.Nollywood was improving and all.The guy hated the likes of omotola,genny nd co cos we all knew in 2008 they were in all movie and apparently charles couldnt afford them any longer.Trust omotola to bash back lol she said d guy had no hit movie,he borrows loan and all,genny herself didnt relax o she said instead of him blabbin he shld catch up with them,dat d guy couldnt afford A-list any longer,emeka ike response was long i cnt even grab one sef lol.The guy is obviously coming for omotola then gen.Charles shld get out jor and bring a movie,he is tarnishn their image int he name of memoirs.Every actor and director all have problems on set to get a good result at the end.He jst started frm when she was vexed,sumtn must have prompted the vexation now.He quoted omotola by the time am doen with u,ur career will be over oga chrles whose career is over biko and whose is soaring.I dnt knw how to post links i woulda posted the link to the interview where he insulted them mtcheew.If anyone shld be talkn it should be tchikere tchidi d guy made stars not this one with his kobo kobo movies.

2 Likes

Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by greaterlove(m): 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2012
going through the post charlse novia did not mention a single thing omotola did to make him loose his cool, the question is "wetin she do?" if you cant say then keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by SONFGOD12: 2:47pm On Sep 14, 2012
na dem sabi coolna dem sabi
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:51pm On Sep 14, 2012
Well if you make divas out of tramps you get spoiled brats.. tongue
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by Africasjolie: 2:53pm On Sep 14, 2012
greaterlove: going through the post charlse novia did not mention a single thing omotola did to make him loose his cool, the question is "wetin she do?" if you cant say then keep quiet.
Abi o shey person go jst dey vex for set mtcheew.He obviously did somethin that triggered her character,many filmmakers re annoyin too.The guy jst talked like he is d saint here.Every actor nd producer do have problems on set jst to get a good resulty at the end so there's nothing new oga charles.The guy is goin to talk abt the popular ones like omot,genny,stella,ramsey,RMd and co.What abt those wakapss,u must have had problems with them also but top names dat will sell book and for publicity.
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by slimyem: 2:57pm On Sep 14, 2012
Omotola is arrogant and saucy..#fact#
i'm not surprised..
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by dont8(m): 3:19pm On Sep 14, 2012
Don't people change-from bad to good, vice visa. A lot of people takes Omotola's confidence for arrogance while they've not met her, but will judge her.
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by Orikinla(m): 3:20pm On Sep 14, 2012
[size=18pt]I beg to disagree with Charles Novia, because Omotola has been acting for other directors who never complained and from being on set with her since 1995, she has never been a problem to any producer or director in Nollywood when Charles was still a novice.
Many of our producers don't know who to respect and treat our actresses and that is why we have decided to launch the Nollywood Divas Awards to honour our actresses and reward them for how much they have accomplished to make Nollywood Nigeria's number one global brand that produced Nigeria's first internet millionaire and others.
PLEASE, RESPECT OUR ACTRESSES!

Vote for Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde as The Nollywood Diva of the Year.
To Vote Text Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde to 33967[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by kumbalo(m): 3:24pm On Sep 14, 2012
Just because someone is trying to promote his book by bringing up a decade-old issue, haters have jumped here trying to lash out at one of Naija's best. Joblessness.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wizkid An Illuminati Member? / Waje Looks Fierce On The Set Of New Photoshoot (photos) / Kayode Salako, Foluke Daramola's Husband Shares Loved Up Photo With Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.