Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,913 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

How Long Should A Brother Wait To Receive A Proposal Response? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Long Should A Brother Wait To Receive A Proposal Response? (1876 Views)

How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism / Ten Reasons Why Sex Should Wait . / Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Should A Brother Wait To Receive A Proposal Response? by destinedtee(m): 8:52am On Sep 14, 2012
It is surprising that sometimes sisters delay their response to proposals.What could be responsible for this action?In a case where the brother has waited for about two months or more and they both have a cordial friendship but the sister is yet to give a YES ,what do you advise him to do?Is it advisable for him to withdraw his proposal or just keep waiting?How long does he have to wait?
Re: How Long Should A Brother Wait To Receive A Proposal Response? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:07am On Sep 14, 2012
1 Minute is how long you wait after you have said those damning words "Would you marry me?" If she does not say yes within 0.02 seconds, you have cause to be concerned because that is the only answer women have packaged in their mouth to automatically respond to that specific question. She might be in shock for at least a minute if she did not expect it from you (among her other suitors) chances are she is weighing her options in those few precious seconds.
After a minute without the expected response, you will either hear Errm this is so sudden, are you sure or waow,let me sit down.. can i think about it" this is your cue to withdraw the engagement ring pronto and claim.. "I was only testing to see how you would react grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Long Should A Brother Wait To Receive A Proposal Response? by k2039: 9:09am On Sep 14, 2012
destinedtee: What could be responsible for this action?In a case where the brother has waited for about two months or more and they both have a cordial friendship but the sister is yet to give a YES ,

I hate to tell you this you have been friend zoned. she was trying to be A nice female friend
You are just an option in her book

destinedtee: what do you advise him to do?
I'm not a love guru kinda person, but i can tell that her decision depends on your decision.. make a choice.

destinedtee: Is it advisable for him to withdraw his proposal or just keep waiting?
NEVER forget you were born without her. And that there are hundreds more like her and thousands more that are even better than her. Don’t waste your time!

My 2 cent;

If someone wants to be a part of your life, they’ll make an effort to be in it. Don’t bother reserving a space in your heart for someone who doesn’t make an effort to stay

1 Like

Re: How Long Should A Brother Wait To Receive A Proposal Response? by tobechi20(m): 6:29pm On Sep 14, 2012
Shudnt b in romance section
Re: How Long Should A Brother Wait To Receive A Proposal Response? by OmoAlata(f): 7:00pm On Sep 14, 2012
tobechi20: Shudnt b in romance section

Nothing romantic about this grin
Re: How Long Should A Brother Wait To Receive A Proposal Response? by CrazyMan(m): 7:22pm On Sep 14, 2012
destinedtee: It is surprising that sometimes sisters delay their response to proposals.What could be responsible for this action?
Yea this is very true...most girls prefer to keep guy on their pending list in when a marriage proposal is made.

The possible reasons are...

1. She is yet to make up her mind on that relationship.

2. She has another lover who she's also in love with.

3. She believes from what she has seen so far from you, you're not ready for marriage. Her reasons could be financial, maturity, lack of commitment, infidelity etc...

4. She needs some time to sort out some family issues.

5. She's waiting to hear from God if you're truly the one for her.

destinedtee: ?In a case where the brother has waited for about two months or more and they both have a cordial friendship but the sister is yet to give a YES ,what do you advise him to do
Sit her down and inquire from her why she refused your proposal.

destinedtee: Is it advisable for him to withdraw his proposal or just keep waiting
If after inquiring from her the reason why she didn't accept your proposal...if her reason sounds acceptable to you, then you can wait. If it doesn't, the it would be advisable for you to call it off.

destinedtee: How long does he have to wait?
Can't really give you a specific time frame here...it all depends on how urgent you want answers from her.

Good luck.
Re: How Long Should A Brother Wait To Receive A Proposal Response? by destinedtee(m): 9:13am On Sep 15, 2012
@CrazyMan: i sincerely appreciate ur response...its such a wonderful one...God bless u real good.Thanks
Re: How Long Should A Brother Wait To Receive A Proposal Response? by MrAnony1(m): 9:15am On Sep 15, 2012
k2039:
If someone wants to be a part of your life, they’ll make an effort to be in it. Don’t bother reserving a space in your heart for someone who doesn’t make an effort to stay

(1) (Reply)

Is Christmas For True Christians? / Alfa Bible Studies: God Is A Liar! / Check Out These.."divine Settlement Testimonies"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.