Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,279 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Graphics Competition: The Best-looking Desktops On Nairaland! - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Graphics Competition: The Best-looking Desktops On Nairaland! (2950 Views)

Graphics Competition: The Most Romantic Valentine Designs 2010 / The Most Pimped Desktops On Nairaland! / Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graphics Competition: The Best-looking Desktops On Nairaland! by Kemjisuper(m): 12:59pm On Jan 10, 2008
Hello Graphics Gurus and Guruettes alike! This is a new Graphics competition for us to showcase something that other users don't usually get to see - Our Desktops! Our wallpapers, neatly arranged icons, massively installed software, advanced themes, toolbars etc.

Rules:
1. Screenshots should not exceed 800 x 600 jpg. resolution for easy viewing.
2. No copyright of other users desktops (piracy).
3. No limits to the number of Screenshots you are allowed to post.

Ready, Steady, let's roll!

Cheers

Re: Graphics Competition: The Best-looking Desktops On Nairaland! by phishaman(m): 4:30pm On Jan 10, 2008
all day ,  everyday!!!!!

Re: Graphics Competition: The Best-looking Desktops On Nairaland! by Raymond88(m): 8:10pm On Jan 10, 2008
Who is the judge? what are the prizes? . . .again nice design phisha, but a little bit too dark don't you think?
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best-looking Desktops On Nairaland! by tomX1(m): 12:38pm On Jan 11, 2008
Are we showcasing our designs or just anything we use?
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best-looking Desktops On Nairaland! by tomX1(m): 12:44pm On Jan 11, 2008
My logo as a desktop. . .

Re: Graphics Competition: The Best-looking Desktops On Nairaland! by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 11, 2008
vista ultimate ed
object dock,
8 start launcher
rainlendar
clock X
recent X

Re: Graphics Competition: The Best-looking Desktops On Nairaland! by Kemjisuper(m): 1:11pm On Jan 11, 2008
Nice postings so far!

Raymond88:

Who is the judge? what are the prizes? . . .again nice design phisha, but a little bit too dark don't you think?

The competition will generally be judged by the respondents on this forum (including fellow contestants). The criteria for criticism or commendation should be

1. Colour Scheme  
2. Desktop Wallpaper  
3. Organisation of Icons, taskbars, widgets etc
4. Anything else you can cram into that desktop to create an appeal to the general house of Graphics!

NB: Feel free to submit as many samples as possible!

@Phishaman
I totally agree with Raymond88's comment about your desktop being too dark. I'd suggest bringing back your desktop icons to balance the colour scheme.

I like @tomX's presentation.

@oyb
I'm totally feeling your desktop and I think that's the most appealing so far and so good (thanks to Windows Vista's enhanced graphics capabilities).

Guys & Ladies, let's keep em coming! I'm sure there are a lot of mind blowing desktop screenshots out there just waiting to be seen!

Cheers
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best-looking Desktops On Nairaland! by phishaman(m): 3:57pm On Jan 12, 2008
thanx 4 the advice! is this ok? prefer an iconless desktop, well, just like my real desktop (where everything is in a drawer somewhere).

Re: Graphics Competition: The Best-looking Desktops On Nairaland! by Kemjisuper(m): 10:30am On Jan 14, 2008
phishaman:

thanx for the advice! is this ok? prefer an iconless desktop, well, just like my real desktop (where everything is in a drawer somewhere).

True man, nice concept. Especially for safeguarding your special softwares.

Anyways, here's my latest desktop concept. I just upgraded (Super-pimped) my system today. Would you believe it's the very same system I was using when I placed my first posting?

Check out Before

And After!

Re: Graphics Competition: The Best-looking Desktops On Nairaland! by Kemjisuper(m): 2:34pm On Jan 15, 2008
Come on guys, we'll need more participants in order to set up voting polls as time goes by.

Plus, I'd like to see some stuff from the ladies too (where tha heck is Gamine?) undecided
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best-looking Desktops On Nairaland! by xpres: 2:36pm On Jan 15, 2008
kemjisuper i know say you get more killing desktops abeg display them
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best-looking Desktops On Nairaland! by tomX1(m): 5:04pm On Jan 15, 2008
Here is a little something xtra.

Re: Graphics Competition: The Best-looking Desktops On Nairaland! by Kemjisuper(m): 4:04pm On Jan 16, 2008
@tomX:

Here is a little something xtra.

Nice, I'm feeling the icon arrangement on the side. That's something "XTRA"

Here's another view of my desktop

Re: Graphics Competition: The Best-looking Desktops On Nairaland! by Kemjisuper(m): 10:05am On Jan 18, 2008
And here's another from Xtreme Studios Desktop

Re: Graphics Competition: The Best-looking Desktops On Nairaland! by Kemjisuper(m): 10:14am On Jan 25, 2008
Here's one from my Vista Home Edition Laptop

Re: Graphics Competition: The Best-looking Desktops On Nairaland! by Kemjisuper(m): 12:28pm On Nov 26, 2008
Reviving some of the great Graphics threads we had in the past! cool

Back in the days where Graphics guys and chics had passion for creativity - and not self righteousness! undecided

(1) (Reply)

Cg Spot (2d/3d/vfx) Blackberry Group: / Real Life Mario Party / Video Editing Training For Beginners - Adobe Premiere Pro CS6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.