Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,464 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

The Sudden Hike In Globacom Tariff - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Sudden Hike In Globacom Tariff (1527 Views)

NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration / Glo N5 For 100mb New Internet Tariff? / MTN Reviews Call Tariff: Call Rates As Low As 10kobo Across All Networks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sudden Hike In Globacom Tariff by striker07(m): 1:52pm On Sep 14, 2012
Of recent i discovered that Glo has increased their tariff, i wonder what is wrong, i also want to ask if others are experiencing it too.
Re: The Sudden Hike In Globacom Tariff by EUGENE4GOO(m): 10:44am On Sep 15, 2012
Yes! I check they infinito plan from 25k to all network to 25k glo to glo and 30k to other networks. I have dumped my glo line now. Mtn is the best now.
Re: The Sudden Hike In Globacom Tariff by luluosas(m): 2:07pm On Sep 15, 2012
striker07: Of recent i discovered that Glo has increased their tariff, i wonder what is wrong, i also want to ask if others are experiencing it too.
Glo didn't hike any tariff. What happened that people didn't know, especially those previously on Infinito plan, was the 'automatic' migration of the users to the new Gista plan, that replaced Infinito.
Now, all calls on Gista is 15k/sec for Glo calls and 30k/sec for calls to other networks with 55k/sec for the first minute of call of the day.
Glo G-BAM is the 'only' Glo plan that is offering uniform tariffs to all network at 25k/sec now but, with a daily rental of N10, whether you use it or not.
You can as well choose Yan-Me-More with the same conditions on Glo Gista but, charges 25k/sec to other network. This is the plan I am using right now and it ok, especially with the N9/min Glo calls. Thank you.
Re: The Sudden Hike In Globacom Tariff by beafroast: 11:04pm On Sep 15, 2012
[quote author=luluosas]
Glo didn't hike any tariff. What happened that people didn't know, especially those previously on Infinito plan, was the 'automatic' migration of the users to the new Gista plan, that replaced Infinito.
Now, all calls on Gista is 15k/sec for Glo calls and 30k/sec for calls to other networks with 55k/sec for the first minute of call of the day.
Glo G-BAM is the 'only' Glo plan that is offering uniform tariffs to all network at 25k/sec now but, with a daily rental of N10, whether y
guy,glo 4vck up big time!
me dey use glo dey make mouth cos i don dey de network tey, but for dis dia yeye tariffs dem fall my hand wella. D yeye gista tariff no make sense at all. Anyways me don pack go etisalat dormot,d glo line na to dey rcv calls only.
Re: The Sudden Hike In Globacom Tariff by luluosas(m): 11:57pm On Sep 15, 2012
beaf roast: guy,glo 4vck up big time! me dey use glo dey make mouth cos i don dey de network tey, but for dis dia yeye tariffs dem fall my hand wella. D yeye gista tariff no make sense at all. Anyways me don pack go etisalat dormot,d
glo line na to dey rcv calls
only.
You are right. Me personally will never advice anybody to migrate to Glo Gista, as I sees it very expensive. When Glo stopped Infinito Special, a lot of their subscribers were offended and now that Infinito Social is gone as well?
I just hope they will bring a cheaper plan very soon.
Re: The Sudden Hike In Globacom Tariff by martinkem(m): 2:07am On Sep 16, 2012
More reasons to finally dump my glo line, no more infinito in the time that Oga MTN has decided to drop the cost of calls on their supersaver plan plus the 5x bonus
Re: The Sudden Hike In Globacom Tariff by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 16, 2012
Please how can one know which plan he/she is on and to find out if the tarrif have increased. thanks
Re: The Sudden Hike In Globacom Tariff by koolJ1(f): 9:14am On Sep 16, 2012
Pls how do u migrate to glo Yan Me More? This Gista is total wack and guzzles my airtime like crazy
Re: The Sudden Hike In Globacom Tariff by otokx(m): 11:20am On Sep 16, 2012
interesting
Re: The Sudden Hike In Globacom Tariff by luluosas(m): 6:49am On Sep 17, 2012
martinkem: More reasons to finally dump my glo line, no more infinito in the time that Oga MTN has decided to drop the cost of calls on their supersaver plan plus the 5x bonus
It might interest you to know that no network provider is perfect and better than the others in Nigeria.
I find so hard to believe that, after over 48 hours and still counting as I am typing this right now, of TOTAL service blackout in Adamawa State (don't know how many states it affect in the North though) by MTN, no single voice raised to speak about their ordeal in the hands of MTN. Organizations, businesses and individual users of MTN services have been rendered incommunicado by MTN. MTN Nigeria users and praise singers, why?
Re: The Sudden Hike In Globacom Tariff by luluosas(m): 7:32am On Sep 17, 2012
hisblud: Please how can one know which plan he/she is on and to find out if the tarrif have increased. thanks
Knowing ones package and tariffs plan on Glo is a herculean task, as they don't have any easy channel/platform of doing so.
Dialing *135*8# is the closest options but, it lacks details and adequate informations. For example, a subscriber on Glo Yan-Me-More will a message like this: Your current price plan is TP plan1. Your number is so so so. Who can understand this? Again, a G-BAM subscriber will get: Your current price plan is Glo Contract. Which contract for God sake? And this is the same message you will get if you a postpaid customer, which actually is a contract package.
So, the easiest way to know your plan and tariffs now is to call customer care on 121 free of charge or 171 for N20. Thank you.
Re: The Sudden Hike In Globacom Tariff by luluosas(m): 7:37am On Sep 17, 2012
kool J: Pls how do u migrate to glo Yan Me More? This Gista is total wack and guzzles my airtime like crazy
You can migrate to Glo Yan-Me-More by dialing *100*10*1# now.
For more informations on this package, visit http://www.gloworld.com/yan-me-more.asp Thank you.
Re: The Sudden Hike In Globacom Tariff by luluosas(m): 7:40am On Sep 17, 2012
otokx: interesting
Very interesting I must tell you.
Re: The Sudden Hike In Globacom Tariff by samir101ng(m): 1:14pm On Sep 17, 2012
MTN Wahala
Re: The Sudden Hike In Globacom Tariff by koolJ1(f): 4:07pm On Sep 18, 2012
luluosas:
You can migrate to Glo Yan-Me-More by dialing *100*10*1# now.
For more informations on this package, visit http://www.gloworld.com/yan-me-more.asp Thank you.

Thanks!
Re: The Sudden Hike In Globacom Tariff by luluosas(m): 10:57pm On Sep 19, 2012
kool J:

Thanks!
No wahala my friend. You are always welcome.
Re: The Sudden Hike In Globacom Tariff by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 20, 2012
on my Glo plan they charge me 15 kobo per sec glo to glo and 25 kobo per sec other networks.

But I have to call a minute at a high tarrif for that to take effect. And funny enough I dont even know the plan that I am on.
Re: The Sudden Hike In Globacom Tariff by luluosas(m): 10:40pm On Sep 20, 2012
virtuoso01: on my Glo plan they charge me 15 kobo per sec glo to glo and 25 kobo per sec other networks.

But I have to call a minute at a high tarrif for that to take effect. And funny enough I dont even know the plan that I am on.
You are on Glo Yan-Me-More plan.

(1) (Reply)

Apple 5S Owners Are Using Their Tips To Unlock Device's Fingerprint Scanner / Sony Xperia Z2 Quad Core Named The Most Expensive Android Tablet By Ewtnet / How To Update Htc G2 To Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Cm10.1 Aosp Rom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.