Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,224 members, 7,953,857 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:55 AM

NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration (29631 Views)

NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 / Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services / SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration by Josnac(m): 12:10pm On Nov 24, 2015
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) yesterday said it would sanction MTN, Airtel and Globacom for defying its directive on automatic migration to Pay-As-You-Go data bundle.

The Commission made this known in its ‘2015 third quarter Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement Report’ obtained pasted on its website.

NCC said it had continued to receive complaints from subscribers on automatic migration of data bundle package to Pay-As-You-Go Billing on depletion of their data bundle.

‘’Consequently and pursuant to section 53(1) of the NCC Act, 2003. The commission on 3rd August 2015 directed all mobile service operators to comply with the data bundle directions.

According to News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), NCC said “where a subscriber’s data bundle account is fully depleted before the due date, service providers should notify the subscriber via SMS, giving information regarding the tariff/ billing rate for automatic migration.

‘’That all service providers should henceforth stop auto-migration of subscriber’s data service to the Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) account upon depletion of the data bundle account, except with the express consent and authorisation of the subscriber via SMS.’’

NCC said that a follow-up compliance check was carried out which revealed that Etisalat was in compliance with the directives, adding that Etisalat through SMS, notified its subscribers of depletion of their data bundle accounts, before due dates.

The telecoms regulator also said that Etisalat sought the consent of subscribers before automatically migrating them to the Pay-As-You-Go data service.

It pointed out that ‘’Globacom is in compliance with Direction No. One as subscribers receive SMS detailing tariff rate for auto-migration on depletion of their data bundle, stating however, that Globacom failed to obtain express consent from subscribers before migration to PAYG and therefore in violation of Direction No. Two.

NCC explained that ‘’MTN is in compliance with Direction No.One, but failed to highlight the tariff rate for PAYG billing. In addition, data service is not suspended on depletion of the data bundle account even without an authorisation via an SMS from the subscriber.

It said ‘’Airtel is not in compliance with the above directions, stating that consequent upon the above, “the Commission has issued a notice of intention to sanction the concerned service providers.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/ncc-to-sanction-mtn-airtel-globacom-over-auto-data-service-migration/

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration by Abiagirl777(f): 12:18pm On Nov 24, 2015
Good,I love Etisalat anyway. cool cool

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 24, 2015
I believed dis fined will later bound on d common man, cos frm d luk of tins, d charges will b higher dan b4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration by OVI75(m): 12:50pm On Nov 24, 2015
If thses is nt mere noise makin it wud be a most welcom development,ds netwrks providers are Corporate armed rubbers.I cnt even calculate hw msh,de av Scrupolously deducted frm my acc.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration by Segadem(m): 1:00pm On Nov 24, 2015
season of sanction indeed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration by Josnac(m): 2:13pm On Nov 24, 2015
"If thses is nt mere noise makin it wud be a most welcom development,ds netwrks providers are Corporate armed rubbers.I cnt even calculate hw msh,de av Scrupolously deducted frm my acc."

Yea...I hope they go ahead with them.
these guys need to follow regulations.

2 Likes

Re: NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration by efilefun(m): 3:05pm On Nov 24, 2015
Oma307:
I believed dis fined will later bound on d common man, cos frm d luk of tins, d charges will b higher dan b4
No it wont, when you leave the shores of Nigeria you will know Nigerians are slaves under this people. If this people cant adhere to the rules they should leave Nigeria Market (of course none of them will leave cuz of the amount they making) others would gladly grab it. I believe if Nigeria got about 10 or more service providers call and data rate will fall drastically due to competition. Before Etisalat and Glo came on board the call rates were higher, when more service providers come in again they would have to reduce their charges.
Vorp:
Can you imagine the wicked mtn just deducted 45 naira for no just reason from my account.
Yours was even 45naira... Some weeks back i got my Nigerian Line recharged (3000) so it wont be blocked, next thing i received a message that i subscribed for one Bible stuff and those idiots deducted 200Naira everyday until they finished the 3k, getting thru to their customer care turned war film.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration by TATROVERT: 3:05pm On Nov 24, 2015
hahaha
Re: NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 24, 2015
Can you imagine the wicked mtn just deducted 45 naira for no just reason from my account.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 24, 2015
Such experience can be so painfully especially when you are downloading large files angry
I also observe that one browse faster when the charge is from from P-A-Y-G
than the normal data bundle. grin
It's really a criminal act

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
ok na
Re: NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration by slimpoppa(m): 3:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
Again?
Re: NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
Great i.e N100 * 3,000,000 subscribers for MTN per day delay in the migration ...another N300bn loading grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration by BCISLTD: 3:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
angry etisalat always getting 1st....

Best kitchens

https://www.nairaland.com/2740386/shelves..beautiful
Re: NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration by lovesamzy: 3:07pm On Nov 24, 2015
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? ~ Psalms 27:1

Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished. ~ Isaiah 51:6.

If you are not saved you are not safe, Life without Christ is full of Crisis, what shall it profit a man if gain the entire world and loose his soul in HELL FIRE

Jesus CHRIST is KNOCKING at your DOOR (heart) receive him by surrendering all to him and repent for all your SIN and ATHROCITY and HEAVEN IS SURE FOR YOU.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 24, 2015

Re: NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration by Badosqi(m): 3:07pm On Nov 24, 2015
MTN in soup again.... NCC has woken up.

1 Like

Re: NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration by chinoify: 3:07pm On Nov 24, 2015
End Time Sanction....

Has MTN paid the first sanction

NCC forming activity since 1888 Buhari came to power undecided

2 Likes

Re: NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration by Decapo: 3:08pm On Nov 24, 2015
Make dis one 5trillion abeg

1 Like

Re: NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration by Sijo01(f): 3:08pm On Nov 24, 2015
NCC has finally woken up from comma.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 24, 2015
Good. It's like NCC just woke up. All this sanctions.

1 Like

Re: NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration by kennyman2000(m): 3:08pm On Nov 24, 2015
Hmmmmm...
Re: NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration by Intendy: 3:08pm On Nov 24, 2015
This is the way things should be in any saner clime.
kudos for now NCC
Re: NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration by Olalekanbanky1(m): 3:09pm On Nov 24, 2015
Where has NCC been all dis While?

DSTV next abeg.

3 Likes

Re: NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration by Harkynkunle(m): 3:09pm On Nov 24, 2015
NCC .......Now on d para mode
but.......

1 Like

Re: NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration by luvinhubby(m): 3:09pm On Nov 24, 2015
Etisalat all the way.

Repping the 0809aija for life.
Re: NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration by gerrardomendes(m): 3:09pm On Nov 24, 2015
ok
Re: NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration by worlexy(m): 3:09pm On Nov 24, 2015
NCC has finally woke up from their slumber. See NCC, listen, one more thing I want you to do is to stop those service providers from calling me with spam numbers that they use to advertise rubbish to me ears

6 Likes

Re: NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration by Ryda(m): 3:10pm On Nov 24, 2015
MTN baskard awon OLEBURUKUOSHI angry

Sanction them again nd again.

1 Like

Re: NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration by damocool(m): 3:10pm On Nov 24, 2015
Mtn go hear am again! Oga oooooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of Phones Receiving Android Marshmallow Update This December / Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network / Airtel Users Get In Here I Just Got 2gb For 200 Valid For 14 Days See Prof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.