Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,778 members, 7,851,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:08 AM

Igbos Pls Review This Igbo Language Programmed Meeting Place And Online Language - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Igbos Pls Review This Igbo Language Programmed Meeting Place And Online Language (691 Views)

A Website For All Private Schools In Anambra State - Pls Review / The New Look Of My Forum - pls review / Is The NMVA Voting Websites Programmed To Vote By Itself? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Pls Review This Igbo Language Programmed Meeting Place And Online Language by igbokwuo: 4:15pm On Sep 14, 2012
A very nice day to you all,

As one of the developers of the newly launched online meeting place/Igbo Language promotion and sustainability project of Igbo people (www.igbokaa.com), we have decided to come open to tell all Igbo people about this project and get their constructive feedbacks(both positive and negative).

Objectives of this project:

The major aim of this project is to serve as a medium for language promotion and also as a meeting place.
Re: Igbos Pls Review This Igbo Language Programmed Meeting Place And Online Language by igbokwuo: 4:16pm On Sep 14, 2012
Fixing Bugs, Errors and Other Difficulties:

After this project we noticed some errors and bugs but we have successfully fixed most of them.The major difficulty we had after launching this project is the inability of willing visitors to complete their registration because of poor poor igbo language skill.

But since the main aim of the project is to help Igbos that are not fluent in writing and speaking the Igbo language to learn the language easily we decided to make the site easy for everybody by putting an english hint on the site, although is still work under progress

What we Need From You:

i) visit and review the site and tell us what we should add,remove or modify in the site.
ii)If you are igbo or want to learn the language and connct with other igbos across the world join the site (www.igbokaa.com)
iii) Help spread the news through social media and word of mouth

Thanks
onyenchekwa@igbokaa.com
www.igbokaa.com
Re: Igbos Pls Review This Igbo Language Programmed Meeting Place And Online Language by DualCore1: 7:49pm On Sep 14, 2012
You people just love to waste time chasing brainwaves.
What real problem has this solved? What thinking process did this idea pass through to merit this waste of skills and talent on it when it should have been channelled into creating a solution to a real problem or improving on a solution. Did Emeka tell anyone he needed a site to... infact I'm leaving the thread before I join in the time wasting.

As for a review: What is "Create my account" doing on this page? http://igbokaa.com/signup... Shouldn't it be "Biko putam the account" or something....

Seriously mehn... I wish you all the best in this and I hope your site can prove my opinion wrong in the next couple of months and years.
undecided
Re: Igbos Pls Review This Igbo Language Programmed Meeting Place And Online Language by igbokwuo: 8:50pm On Sep 14, 2012
Dual Core: You people just love to waste time chasing brainwaves.
What real problem has this solved? What thinking process did this idea pass through to merit this waste of skills and talent on it when it should have been channelled into creating a solution to a real problem or improving on a solution. Did Emeka tell anyone he needed a site to... infact I'm leaving the thread before I join in the time wasting.

As for a review: What is "Create my account" doing on this page? http://igbokaa.com/signup... Shouldn't it be "Biko putam the account" or something....

Seriously mehn... I wish you all the best in this and I hope your site can prove my opinion wrong in the next couple of months and years.
undecided

@dual core thank you very much for taking out ur time to review this at the first place, like i said before the purpose is not profit driven but just to help Igbo peoples in Nigeria and abroad that grew up where they find it difficult to learn the language to learn and associate withe the help of the English tips

as for the create my account in the sign up page we are already working on that, thanks once again
Re: Igbos Pls Review This Igbo Language Programmed Meeting Place And Online Language by mitey(m): 4:11am On Sep 15, 2012
Some reviews have been made already on the site here https://www.nairaland.com/1022041/igbo-programmers-dares-facebook-twitter
Re: Igbos Pls Review This Igbo Language Programmed Meeting Place And Online Language by igbokwuo: 12:06pm On Sep 15, 2012
mitey: Some reviews have been made already on the site here https://www.nairaland.com/1022041/igbo-programmers-dares-facebook-twitter

Thanks for the info, i will check it out

(1) (Reply)

Is Nairaland Going The Wrong Way(development) / Nigeria Gets First Software Incubation Centre / Webmasters, How Many Hours Do You Sleep At Night?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.