Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,765 members, 7,851,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:44 AM

A Good Reason Why The Likes Of Joagbaje And Other Pastors Should Be In Prison!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Good Reason Why The Likes Of Joagbaje And Other Pastors Should Be In Prison!!! (533 Views)

Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked / Tunde Bakare - Pastors Should Not Make Their Wives Pastors / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1)

A Good Reason Why The Likes Of Joagbaje And Other Pastors Should Be In Prison!!! by MacDaddy01: 4:20pm On Sep 14, 2012
I used to make fun of Buzugee aka Obadiah77 the edomite until I came across Joagbaje (also known as pastor tithe or Jo-cashflow or J0-dollar).

I could manage to stomach the tithe preaching from Joagabaje but some of his preaching are quite dangerous for anybody that wishes to be his follower. How can a pastor say that christians should never get sick because sickness is avoidable? Joagbaje is preaching that Jesus came to heal sin and sickness and that any true christian should never fall sick.

The danger comes when people take this literally and dont go to hospitals for check up and treatments because they either think that the are not sick due to Jesus's healing or that they can be spiritually healed by prayers.

Unfortunately, Joagbaje and other fake pastors can escape lawsuits for clergy malpractice and negligence because the separation of church and state makes courts reluctant to enforce secular laws om what they perceive to be religious matters (especially when the case is not under criminal law).Furthermore, another loophole is that pastors can claim that they are not medical or health professionals and can not be held to the same standards of such professionals even though they (the pastors) give advice on such matters.

Read and weep how pastors have been sending people to early graves with wrong health advice and escaping;
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Clergy+Malpractice
Re: A Good Reason Why The Likes Of Joagbaje And Other Pastors Should Be In Prison!!! by MacDaddy01: 5:17pm On Sep 14, 2012
A word is enough for the wise. Medical issues and the church should be separate
Re: A Good Reason Why The Likes Of Joagbaje And Other Pastors Should Be In Prison!!! by JeSoul(f): 5:18pm On Sep 14, 2012
MickeyD,
I know you know this violates NL anti-bullying policy...directing an 'attack' topic complete with the name of another NLder in the title is discouraged (unless the discussion cannot be construed as an attack and as long as the said NLder is fine with it).

Do this, if you like feel free to open another topic on the subject, this time pls leave my best friend smiley joagbaje's good name out of it ejo. There's a much better way to go about critisizing a person's belief than this ehn. Thanks & Cheers.

1 Like

(1)

Because Sentence Against An Evil Work Is Not Speedily Executed / Tragic Ignorance / He Cant Continue Marraige Plans Cause Her Parent Attend White Garment Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.