Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,555 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

What Exactly Does NUC Mean By "Fake Certificate"? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Exactly Does NUC Mean By "Fake Certificate"? (885 Views)

Defrauded By Fake Universities..tell Us.. Payment Included.. / What Exactly Does NUC Mean By 'fake Certificate'? / NUC Bans Re-sit Exams In Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Exactly Does NUC Mean By "Fake Certificate"? by room089: 9:02pm On Sep 14, 2012
Hello Nairalanders, i think this hype about fake certificate is becoming over rated and thus it has become a cliché in the country.
NUC has banned satelite campuses and thus declared that any certificate acquired from any of such campuses is FAKE and thus can not be accepted for any employment because it is not recognized in Nigeria.
My question now is: how would employers and the general public decern between the genuine and fake certificates? The certificate from a satelite campus is very much the same with that received from the parent campus. Even the so called 'illegal' campuses of these foreign universities in Nigeria do issue the same certificate as their parent universities. I found out that academic activities of these campuses here are being regulated and modulated from abroad. As a matter of fact ,this is why people still prefer such satelite campuses because it saves time to study in any of them as long as your pocket is heavy. I know some people that got their Masters and PGD certificates from such campuses and their certificates were accepted and recognized by their places of work.
If NUC means business about that, it should have come down hard on the perpetrators of such 'illegal' businesses. It should have borrowed a leaf from NAFDAC that clamp down on fake drug producers. That alone made so many fake drug producers to go underground. Today in so many cities in Nigeria, sign-posts of these so called 'illegal/satelite' campuses are very conspicously displayed - and it still business as usual. What is NUC still waiting for to swing into action against them?

(1) (Reply)

. / Any Uniuyo Or Unical Aspirant / Unn Putme Past Questions And Answers Hard And Soft Copy Availabl.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.