Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,894 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

What Exactly Does NUC Mean By 'fake Certificate'? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Exactly Does NUC Mean By 'fake Certificate'? (917 Views)

Defrauded By Fake Universities..tell Us.. Payment Included.. / NUC Bans Re-sit Exams In Universities / What Exactly Does NUC Mean By "Fake Certificate"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Exactly Does NUC Mean By 'fake Certificate'? by room089: 7:06pm On Sep 23, 2012
Hello Nairalanders, i think this
hype about fake certificate is
becoming over rated and thus
it has become a cliché in the
country.
NUC has banned satelite
campuses and thus declared
that any certificate acquired
from any of such campuses is
FAKE and thus can not be
accepted for any employment
because it is not recognized in
Nigeria.
My question now is: how
would employers and the
general public decern
between the genuine and fake
certificates? The certificate
from a satelite campus is very
much the same with that
received from the parent
campus. Even the so called
'illegal' campuses of these
foreign universities in Nigeria
do issue the same certificate
as their parent universities. I
found out that academic
activities of these campuses
here are being regulated and
modulated from abroad. As a
matter of fact ,this is why
people still prefer such satelite
campuses because it saves
time to study in any of them as
long as your pocket is heavy. I
know some people that got
their Masters and PGD
certificates from such
campuses and their
certificates were accepted and
recognized by their places of
work.
If NUC means business about
that, it should have come
down hard on the
perpetrators of such 'illegal'
businesses. It should have
borrowed a leaf from NAFDAC
that clamped down on fake drug
producers. That alone made so
many fake drug producers to
go underground. Today in so
many cities in Nigeria, sign-
posts of these so called 'illegal/
satelite' campuses are very
conspicously displayed - and it
still business as usual. What is
NUC still waiting for to swing
into action against them?
Re: What Exactly Does NUC Mean By 'fake Certificate'? by favourbaby: 4:21pm On Sep 24, 2012
I think there is a point in what you are saying. Fed govt/NUC should have forced these illegal or satelite campuses to close shop if they know that they are standing on a solid ground. But reverse is the case, their sign posts are eminently displayed in most cities. Some are still advertising in the national dailies.

Has NUC that power to declare a certificate from an institution recognized by it country of origin illegal in Nigeria? PLEASE SOMEBODY IN THE KNOW SHOULD ANSWER ME. Certificate from Houdegbe North American University in Benin Republic is listed among the unrecognized certificates in Nigeria. But today people from Nigeria still flock to that university. I know about two people that graduated, served and they are working. Please where are we going in this country? Somebody tell me.

@moderator
please move this topic to the front page. We need opinions and comments of mature minds on this national issue.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Abraham Lincoln's Letter To His Son's Teacher / Happy Matriculation To 2012/2013 MOUAU Fresh Students / The Many Excesses Of MADONNA UNIVERSITY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.