Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

The Real Descendants Of Abraham Did Not Pay Tithes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Real Descendants Of Abraham Did Not Pay Tithes (2966 Views)

Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? / Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". / Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Real Descendants Of Abraham Did Not Pay Tithes by Marchman: 3:29pm On Sep 15, 2012
This was what I discovered after studying the Bible for MYSELF. I attend Christ Embassy but I decided long time ago to read the Bible for myself and not to take the word of the pastor for it. So after an argument/debate with a brother about tithing, I studied more on the subject and the revelation I got was truly shocking.

My Church brother told me that tithing preceded the law and that Father Abraham started it, when he gave tithe to Melchizedek. Through study, I discovered that he was ignorant or just a liar. The features of the tithe (strictly speaking it is not even a tithe, but 10 percent of the spoils of war) paid by Abraham are different from what is done today.

1. It was not by force. Abraham willingly gave to Melchizedek
2. It was not from his regular income but from the spoils of wars
3. The blessings of God on Abraham had nothing to do with the so-called tithe he paid. He was blessed because of his Faith
4. It was a one off thing, not regular, monthly or weekly
5. This is the most shocking of all: Abraham’s Children did not pay “tithe” or saw the need to pay it. Isaac never paid a dime of tithe. Jacob promised to give God 10 per cent if God should bless him. Tithing as preached by the Pentecostals of today you can’t vow to pay. You must pay!
The tithing as preached by today’s pastors come with blessings and curses. That is tithing according the law, which is systematic and addressed to the Jews. This became effective during the law, when the land was shared and the Levites didn’t get any. The famous Malachi treatise on tithe was addressed to Jewish priests and to the Jews. I am a Christian, not a Jew.

So if anyone should insist that you pay tithe, ask him if it according to the law or the 10 percent paid by Father Abraham. To be smart, they will tell you it precedes the Law, then ask them why the real children of Abraham did not tithe. Or if it is possible to give a one off tithe like Abraham did?

You may also explain that being seeds of Abraham is not by tithe but our connection to him is by faith> he is the Father of Faith. If they insist that you pay, ask the greedy or ignorant preacher to show one, just one, example in the Bible of Christians paying tithe. Christians, I don’t mean Jews.

Why should I pay if Paul, Peter and the apostles did not?
Re: The Real Descendants Of Abraham Did Not Pay Tithes by Goshen360(m): 4:13pm On Sep 15, 2012
grin grin grin
Re: The Real Descendants Of Abraham Did Not Pay Tithes by Eliu(m): 7:39am On Jun 11, 2016
have you try to read mathew 23 vs 23 i will prefer you read the new living translation for easiest understanding.God bless you bro
Re: The Real Descendants Of Abraham Did Not Pay Tithes by Annunaki(m): 12:15pm On Jun 11, 2016
Eliu:
have you try to read mathew 23 vs 23 i will prefer you read the new living translation for easiest understanding.God bless you bro

Matthew 23:23 is according to the now obsolete jewish law, so it's not applicable to christians.
Re: The Real Descendants Of Abraham Did Not Pay Tithes by Eliu(m): 9:36pm On Jun 14, 2016
People like you like to twist the word of God to suit your own interpretation. GOD will help you
Re: The Real Descendants Of Abraham Did Not Pay Tithes by whitestar01(m): 9:44pm On Jun 14, 2016
Op if u dont want to pay ur tithe why worried? Payers are not regrettin . Why are u complainin when it's not ur money.?
Re: The Real Descendants Of Abraham Did Not Pay Tithes by Annunaki(m): 9:46pm On Jun 14, 2016
Eliu:
People like you like to twist the word of God to suit your own interpretation. GOD will help you

On the contrary, it's tithe preachers that twist the word off God to suit their greed.

(1) (Reply)

What Is God Going To Do After The Last Judgment? / Robert Powell "I'm Not Jesus" / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: God Is Your Source

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.