Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,487 members, 7,770,189 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:01 AM

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe (32472 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' / Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by Diorin: 11:23pm On Nov 20, 2015
[img]http://www.speakforum.com/download/file.php?id=239[/img]
One of Ghana’s millionaires Prince Kofi Amoabeng has revealed he does not pay tithe and will never honour the Christian rite for personal reasons.

A tithe is one tenth of annual produce or earnings, formerly taken as a tax for the support of the Church and clergy.

The president of UT Holdings said on Morning Starr, Friday, he believes in God and goes to Church “once in a long while if there is a wedding or funeral,” but he is not a tither.

“I don’t pay tithe. I would not give 10 percent, and nobody can force me to give 10 percent of my money to anybody. So I don’t pay tithe. I do all sort of philanthropic jobs myself. I see where there is the need for me to help, and I help.

“I don’t have to give it to somebody who then decides where to put the money. So it is my hard earned money, and I should put it where I want to put it,” he told host Nii Arday Clegg.

Despite his posturing towards the payment of tithe, the former CEO of UT Bank opined: “That’s me. I’m not saying payment of tithe is bad. I’m not here to say don’t pay tithe. No. I think it depends on what you see the church for and what the church means to you and does for you.”

“I don’t give a damn,” Amoabeng opined when asked how he will feel when he dies. “I don’t think about death at all.”

source: http://www.speakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=366

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by ministeriallist: 11:58pm On Nov 20, 2015
Ok
Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by madmadu(m): 12:39am On Nov 21, 2015
congratulations
Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by Annunaki(m): 8:11am On Nov 21, 2015
Is he supposed to pay tithes in the first instance

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by anonimi: 10:24am On Nov 21, 2015
SMART follower of Christ aka CHRISTian who reads & UNDERSTANDS his Bible esp. Deut. 14 on tithes by Israelites aka Jews.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by 360ng: 10:25am On Nov 21, 2015
his biz

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 21, 2015
Good for him
Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by Titto93(m): 10:25am On Nov 21, 2015
y
Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by SlimBrawnie(f): 10:25am On Nov 21, 2015
His life, his money, his opinion, Which everyone is entitled to.
At least he believes in God

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by DickDastardly(m): 10:25am On Nov 21, 2015
His take on tithe cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by Sijo01(f): 10:25am On Nov 21, 2015
It's your believe.
Lol @ I don't think about death at all cheesy Dude is sure living life to the fullest. I love his disposition.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by Olusholadiamond(m): 10:26am On Nov 21, 2015
end time money

1 Like

Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by officialteemi(m): 10:26am On Nov 21, 2015
e don happen
Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by kaywiluv(f): 10:27am On Nov 21, 2015
So..... Abeg tell us something new

1 Like

Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 21, 2015
Welldone

Why would any sane person be giving his hard earned money to some scammer in the name of some invincible sky daddy when you can make serious impact with that 10percent in the life of that hungry kid on the street .. It just ain't right..

By the way, how is this news? What concerns anyone with what anybody does with his 10percent?

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 21, 2015
He's opinion!

1 Like

Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by sule17(m): 10:27am On Nov 21, 2015
Christain like money
Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by naijapips02: 10:27am On Nov 21, 2015
The modern Tithe is not Biblical. It's actually endtime tithe.

11 Likes

Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by Zikdik(m): 10:28am On Nov 21, 2015
A man after my heart.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by Alajiki(m): 10:28am On Nov 21, 2015
Uhmmm...truth is bitter. This man knows what he's saying. The tithe being paid, how's it put into use by the so-called men of God. They buy private jets, wear designer cloths and put on bling-bling a la 50 Cents. Why would a sensible man take his money to church and watch these swindlers frolick with his hard earned money when the same could be used directly to help the less privileged in the society.

This man earns my respect.

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by Leadn(m): 10:28am On Nov 21, 2015
Wise man!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by lastmessenger: 10:29am On Nov 21, 2015
capital NO
Annunaki:
Is he supposed to pay tithes in the first instance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by emorse(m): 10:30am On Nov 21, 2015
Expect Nigerians to crucify this man with their tongues. # watching

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by ajepako(f): 10:30am On Nov 21, 2015
Sensible dude..

Make I follow join Lasisi69...

End time millionaire grin

1 Like

Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by AutoFastSales: 10:30am On Nov 21, 2015
Which kind topics hitting fp sef. There are many millionaires who dont pay tithe and there are some who are atheist. That does not stop me from paying my own.

Good for him. Life here is not forever...a word for the wise

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by slimgold123(f): 10:31am On Nov 21, 2015
Life is spiritual. Who knows your source of Riches but i know it either from God or from the devil. You said it all that you only go to church once in a blue moon. But this is God's commandment to you. It's is left to you to obey. Very soon you will know the truth.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 21, 2015
I love dis man, he speaks d truth. I cnt giv my moni for sumone to help me decide

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by Remyboyhefty(m): 10:31am On Nov 21, 2015
Everything is end time oo. End Time millionaire. End Time. Ghana. End Time nairaland grin

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by OjoraFunmilola(f): 10:31am On Nov 21, 2015
End time skabosh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Late Dr. Myles Munroe’s Family Issues Statement | Both Children Alive And Well / Celestial Pastor Who Chained Son Arrested / Bishop David Oyedepo Celebrates His 66th Birthday Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.