Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Can Iphone 4s 16gb Locked To Verizon Be Unlocked? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Can Iphone 4s 16gb Locked To Verizon Be Unlocked? (1818 Views)

White Iphone 4s Lock To Verizon For Sale!!! / Can Etisalat - Huawei Gaga Mobile Be Unlocked? / Iphone 3g S - Can This Phone Be Unlocked In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Iphone 4s 16gb Locked To Verizon Be Unlocked? by ayoflyn(m): 4:03pm On Sep 15, 2012
Pls gurus in the house, i got an offer for an 50k iphone 4s 16gb locked to Verizon network, need to know if it can be unlocked and the average price for the unlocking, Thanx.
Re: Can Iphone 4s 16gb Locked To Verizon Be Unlocked? by zaibatsu(m): 4:50pm On Sep 15, 2012
Verizon=CDMA Figure the rest out for yourself.
Re: Can Iphone 4s 16gb Locked To Verizon Be Unlocked? by ayoflyn(m): 9:24am On Sep 17, 2012
zaibatsu: Verizon=CDMA Figure the rest out for yourself.
This particular iphone 4s has a micro sim slot, it came with a verizon micro sim in it, so thats why i am asking.Cheers.
Re: Can Iphone 4s 16gb Locked To Verizon Be Unlocked? by walcolm(m): 10:11am On Sep 17, 2012
it can be unlocked.
Re: Can Iphone 4s 16gb Locked To Verizon Be Unlocked? by ayoflyn(m): 11:48am On Sep 17, 2012
walcolm: it can be unlocked.

Kindly let me know the procedure. Ill prefer the one using gevey ultraor any chip that that doesnt need any procedure after switching off to get the network back
Re: Can Iphone 4s 16gb Locked To Verizon Be Unlocked? by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:11pm On Sep 17, 2012
dude, u want to use it on starcomms?

dont you know CDMA also uses sim cards?

does this phone have a gsm radio in it?

u want to buy a used music player for 50k? or you dont know thats all it will be good for?
Re: Can Iphone 4s 16gb Locked To Verizon Be Unlocked? by walcolm(m): 1:54pm On Sep 17, 2012
4llerbuntu: dude, u want to use it on starcomms?

dont you know CDMA also uses sim cards?

does this phone have a gsm radio in it?

u want to buy a used music player for 50k? or you dont know thats all it will be good for?

the iPhone 4S was built as a world phone (can run on either CDMA or GSM networks) so the answer to your question is YES.
Re: Can Iphone 4s 16gb Locked To Verizon Be Unlocked? by Bossman(m): 3:54pm On Sep 17, 2012
The verizon/Sprint Iphone 4S and a few of their other phones (some BB and androids) are world phones. They have both CDMA/GSM radios. Have you verified that it's actually locked? I believe verizon (or maybe it was sprint) sold them unlocked.
Re: Can Iphone 4s 16gb Locked To Verizon Be Unlocked? by ayoflyn(m): 9:03am On Sep 18, 2012
Thank you all for your advices i really apreciate it. All will be considered and ill make sure the phone is unlockable before making any payment. Cheers
Re: Can Iphone 4s 16gb Locked To Verizon Be Unlocked? by lobell: 10:31pm On Nov 10, 2013
ayoflyn: Thank you all for your advices i really apreciate it. All will be considered and ill make sure the phone is unlockable before making any payment. Cheers

It's been a year now. Did you get the 4s and were you able to get it unlocked? How? Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Nokia Lumia 620 Beats Samsung Galaxy S III In Sunspider And Browsermark 2 Tests / Nokia Lumia 520 Activation Code / Where Can One Buy Brand New Blackberry Porsche (gold Color)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.