Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,460 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Is Aids Really Incurable? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is Aids Really Incurable? (4233 Views)

Poll: Can there be a cure to AIDS soon

Yes: 25% (1 vote)
No: 25% (1 vote)
Maybe: 50% (2 votes)
Dont know: 0% (0 votes)
Never: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Is Aids Ending Very Soon? / Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor / Is Aids Really Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Aids Really Incurable? by tollyfat: 8:47pm On Jan 10, 2008
I have the feeling that AIDS can be cured.The general belief that it can't be cured is just an attempt by pharmaceutical companies in the western world to continue  to milk AIDS patients and our health system of hard earned cash. Some western countries health ministries in collaboration with pharmaceutical companies have struck a deal on how to ensure a continues flow of income by shifting their attention from curative medicine to medicine that can only suppress symptoms.Some ailment that have been successfully.to them giving medication that suppress symptoms rather that cure is a sure gold mine. The same ideology applies to cancer etc

This is my opinion,what is yours.Do you think there will soon be a widely aacceptablecure to AIDS?
Re: Is Aids Really Incurable? by shabangur(m): 7:37pm On Jan 11, 2008
AIDS is incurable PERIOD!!!!Which Western countries health ministries and pharmaceutical companies are responsible for this? I presume you don't know, just misleading people.
Re: Is Aids Really Incurable? by Pappyjesby(m): 10:54pm On Jan 11, 2008
AIDS (Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome) which is caused by Human Immuno - deficiency Virus (HIV) as of
today has no cure, it can only be managed, don't be deceived by accepting the dummy, the fact still remains that
HIV victims can still live the rest of their life strong and bubbling and that is if you detect on time that you are
Positive for HIV or not. The more reason it is necessary for you to know your HIV status.

Earlier detection will prevent you from passing to the full blown AIDS stage. The moment the case has reached
full blown there is no remedy again. At the primary level it can be tamed, the only clause is that you have to be
on drugs for the rest of your life. If you can religiously take your drugs then you have the assurance of living
your normal life.

http://savepregnancyguide.com/
Re: Is Aids Really Incurable? by Obamedo: 10:00am On Jan 12, 2008
tollyfat:

I have the feeling that AIDS can be cured.The general belief that it can't be cured is just an attempt by pharmaceutical companies in the western world to continue to milk AIDS patients and our health system of hard earned cash. Some western countries health ministries in collaboration with pharmaceutical companies have struck a deal on how to ensure a continues flow of income by shifting their attention from curative medicine to medicine that can only suppress symptoms.Some ailment that have been successfully.to them giving medication that suppress symptoms rather that cure is a sure gold mine. The same ideology applies to cancer etc

This is my opinion,what is yours.Do you think there will soon be a widely aacceptablecure to AIDS?

Comments like yours are at par with those of the South African President Thabo Mbeki
He said that HIV/AIDS did NOT exist and HIV/AIDS was a western invention designed to disadvantage the black man

His comments have been responsible for the demise of thousand of young south africans who looked up to him as a role model and resumed their risky sexual behaviour believing they will never get HIV

Thankfully he has retracted his statement and now concedes that HIV exists, but at what cost to South Africa?

HIV does exist, it is not curable at present but can be controlled with anti retovirals which slow down the progression of the disease in the body

There is a wealth of information out there, avail yourself to it and don't die from ignorance

Ignorance is a major cause of death in Africa, look at the WHO, Polio saga in the North

Have a good healthy life

Dr O
Re: Is Aids Really Incurable? by darfur(m): 2:18am On Jan 13, 2008
AIDS dey o grin grin e dey kill, and cure no dey . . . . wear your condom
Re: Is Aids Really Incurable? by fsb(m): 12:03pm On Jan 13, 2008
When all you hear about HIV/AIDS is from the media, it is quite easy to form an opinion that the disease really didn' exist - I didn' believe it a long time ago until I started dealing with patients on an almost daily basis with the condition. I don't know how to put it again - the disease is bad. It's not something you want to have!

From the little experience I have with +pxts, I can tell you that the disease is bad in every way. The stigma is just one thing you have to deal with. First off, let' say by chance you find out you are HIV +, you don't begin receiving HAART (Highly Active Antiretroviral therapy) until your CD4+ count is less than a certain level. And then you begin the treatment which begins to boost your immunity (CD4+ levels) only if you maintain strict compliance. In this environment, you find out that people always have one reason or another to miss treatment.

For the most part, the people I get to see always look healthy outside of the office until you see their personal case files (that could be as big as a dictionary). AIDS no dey show for face really until you discover you're positive.

It would be unwise to believe the disease doesn' exist. Just pretend it does and take precautions!!!
Re: Is Aids Really Incurable? by Nobody: 6:16am On Jan 15, 2008
i know for a fact that it exists. i also know that the more people deny it, the wider it spreads but this is where religion comes in. It has been proven that some preachers actually have cured it by means i cant explain. i think its all about not losing hope and believeing in a God. Doctors have proven that Ernest Angley, a preacher in the US has cured this disease and many others. The means he uses is questionable i'll admit but then in times of desperation, people dont exactly have a choice
Re: Is Aids Really Incurable? by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 15, 2008
Aids has got no cure shocked shocked,
It is caused by a virus and viruses show little characteristic of living things.

They take over the human cells once invaded, so any attempt to kill the Virus will eventualy lead to the death of the human cell itself.

Only supplements can be taken and If u want to live longer, you had better forgot about it wink
Re: Is Aids Really Incurable? by Gbemyte(f): 3:22pm On Jan 15, 2008
for now there is no cure for it because if doctors were to cure it they will ve to remove all the blood the person's body,then they can cure,
can a person survive without a blood? Definately no so no cure yet.
But if you have it u can live a normal and satisfactory life.But there are more deadly disease than AIDS.

(1) (Reply)

How To Remove Stretch Marks Naturally / Polio: Senate Wants Immunization Of Children Sustained / 33m Nigerians Defecate 1.7 M Tonnes Of Feaces In Open Spaces Annually - Unicef

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.