Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1823957 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gerrard59(m): 8:29pm On Sep 12, 2014
Abeg medics students no vex, but please write properly and coherently. We are students,yes, but it dosen't mean one should write haggardly.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by landinfo: 9:18pm On Sep 12, 2014
ogagusps3: A plasmapheresis

U can join the 1piece family here:
https://www.nairaland.com/1321107/one-piece-anime-manga/10
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ahmadjr(m): 10:58pm On Sep 12, 2014
gr8virus: check your mail
kindly send the link to ahmadjr@...com• thanks a million
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ahmadjr(m): 10:59pm On Sep 12, 2014
Dr lomaxx sir, pls do send me the link for the texts ahmadjr@....com
Thanks a lot for your contributions.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:41am On Sep 13, 2014
Please dr.lomaxx can u send me those textbooks....my email is valmaxxy@gmail.com. Mobile library is better than carrying all those big textbooks about...thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 11:27am On Sep 13, 2014
charleymed: A resting male patient, age 54 years, body weights 76 kg, is suspected of Zollinger-Ellison syndrome and
examined in the morning after fasting overnight. The throat is sprayed with lignocaine and a gastroscope is
introduced into the pharynx under direct vision and passed down the oesophagus into the stomach and
duodenum. No ulcers, tumours or bleeding is found. A biopsy of the mucosa shows an overgrowth of
parietal cells. A sample of gastric juice is aspirated. Following stimulation by an injection of pentagastrin,
gastric juice is aspirated via a nasogastric tube for one hour. The hydrogen ion concentration in the
aspirate is 150 mM, and the volume is 350 ml.
Due to lung complications the blood gasses of the patient are measured in the morning (P aCO2 40 mmHg,
pHa 7.40 , Base Excess zero, actual [bicarbonate] 24 mM) and just after completion of the aspiration
(P aCO2 40 mmHg, pHa 7.48, Base Excess 7 mM, actual
[Bicarbonate] 30 mM). The next morning blood gases were normalised.
1. Calculate the gastric acid secretion rate of the patient, and compare the result with a normal value of 30
mmol per hour.
2. Describe the acid-base status of the patient just following the aspiration.
3. Explain the normalisation of the acid-base status the following morning.
4. Suggest a better diagnostic tool for the Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Chartey(m): 11:31am On Sep 13, 2014
Please who has an e-copy of Norman Browse? I need it urgently.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 13, 2014
Gerrard59: Abeg medics students no vex, but please write properly and coherently. We are students,yes, but it dosen't mean one should write haggardly.

Medicos: writing hargardly since 1820 grin
Na today? undecided
you never jam writing cheesy

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 6:20pm On Sep 13, 2014
Please, I need some pieces of advice from senior medics/doctors for newly admitted medical students...What are d prons and cons of medicine? If there were things u could do if u were to start again what would they be? Thanks..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Coolboyz: 8:04pm On Sep 13, 2014
ADVICE NEEDED FROM DOCTORS AND STUDENT DOCTORS.
Dear doctors and student doctors, ur sincere advice is needed. I made good grades in my waec result, but I don't want to use it again because the person that uploaded it made a mistake in my age. I discoverd it when I collected the original result.
I have then decided to use my NECO result for medicine, but the problem is that I combined both art and science subjects in my neco with the mindset that it is for taking sake. Below is my neco result.
1. ENGLISH LANGUAGE C5
2. MATHEMATICS C5
3. ... LANGUAGE C5
4. ECONOMICS C6
5. GOVERNMENT C5
6. LITT. IN ENGLISH C6
7. BIOLOGY C5
8. CHEMISTRY C6
9. PHYSICS C5
* Please is this result good for medicine?
* will people that didn't foolishly combine art nd sc subjects be given preferrence over me in the labour market?
Reply docs because I applied for med/surg this year and my scores in jamb and post jamb are encouraging.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Suresh08: 8:38pm On Sep 13, 2014
alutacontinua:

Medicos: writing hargardly since 1820 grin
Na today? undecided
you never jam writing cheesy
when did u become a ''male'' ma'am?..
Nice signature tho.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 13, 2014
Suresh08: when did u become a ''male'' ma'am?..
Nice signature tho.

I'm a guy-always have, always will!
The 'f' was an experiment. cheesy
Some sort of NL survey kinda thing wink

Thanks @ signature

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 9:10pm On Sep 13, 2014
[quote author=smartdave1][/quote]

I answered that question the day it was posted. It's in my jotter. I was waiting for someone to at least attempt. It's pretty simple.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 9:14pm On Sep 13, 2014
Coolboyz: ADVICE NEEDED FROM DOCTORS AND STUDENT DOCTORS.
Dear doctors and student doctors, ur sincere advice is needed. I made good grades in my waec result, but I don't want to use it again because the person that uploaded it made a mistake in my age. I discoverd it when I collected the original result.
I have then decided to use my NECO result for medicine, but the problem is that I combined both art and science subjects in my neco with the mindset that it is for taking sake. Below is my neco result.
1. ENGLISH LANGUAGE C5
2. MATHEMATICS C5
3. ... LANGUAGE C5
4. ECONOMICS C6
5. GOVERNMENT C5
6. LITT. IN ENGLISH C6
7. BIOLOGY C5
8. CHEMISTRY C6
9. PHYSICS C5
* Please is this result good for medicine?
* will people that didn't foolishly combine art nd sc subjects be given preferrence over me in the labour market?
Reply docs because I applied for med/surg this year and my scores in jamb and post jamb are encouraging.

1)Your result is good enough for medicine. The minimum criteria is 5 credits in English language, mathematics, biology, physics and chemistry and you've fulfilled that basic criteria.

2) Combining arts and science subjects isn't folly. It is not related to your chances of being employed in the labour market- even in the least microscopic bit.

Good luck in your endeavors.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Suresh08: 9:34pm On Sep 13, 2014
alutacontinua:

Thanks @ signature
Taaah..
Ur soo feminine.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Win95: 11:14pm On Sep 13, 2014
Thewhizzkid1: Please, I need some pieces of advice from senior medics/doctors for newly admitted medical students...What are d prons and cons of medicine? If there were things u could do if u were to start again what would they be? Thanks..
The earlier the better,never think there is time or there is going to be time. Make judicious use of your time. My guy time is never your friend, use it wisely. In 100level you think you have arrived, in 200 level you think there is time, in 300level you start running up and down trying to cover up, .by then the deed has been done. This is what i learned(he hard way though)

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Babafaros(m): 11:48pm On Sep 13, 2014
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Aypoppin(m): 8:27am On Sep 14, 2014
Thewhizzkid1: Please, I need some pieces of advice from senior medics/doctors for newly admitted medical students...What are d prons and cons of medicine? If there were things u could do if u were to start again what would they be? Thanks..
simple: u nt save, d fear of been dropped in ur 100l sef will propel u to sit tite.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sisiafrika(f): 10:32am On Sep 14, 2014
alutacontinua:

Thanks @ signature
chisos!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 11:58am On Sep 14, 2014
Win95:
The earlier the better,never think there is time or there is going to be time. Make judicious use of your time. My guy time is never your friend, use it wisely. In 100level you think you have arrived, in 200 level you think there is time, in 300level you start running up and down trying to cover up, .by then the deed has been done. This is what i learned(he hard way though)
Thanks...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 11:59am On Sep 14, 2014
Aypoppin: simple: u nt save, d fear of been dropped in ur 100l sef will propel u to sit tite.
Thanks..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Aypoppin(m): 12:57pm On Sep 14, 2014
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jozeph1(m): 1:47pm On Sep 14, 2014
Wrote jamb diz year i had 202 and 185 in post utme for medicine and surgery but my name wasnt on merit. when i was checkin there was a message below that said "supplement" and the only utme relevant subject combination and course was biochemistry
wat annonyz me most is dat my frnd had 181 and was given admission to study medicine
besides dat that, since biochem was the only course for supplementary, should i supplement or go fpr post basic studies or register for jamb again
ah need your advice
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by faboben10: 2:18pm On Sep 14, 2014
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 2:31pm On Sep 14, 2014
jozeph1: Wrote jamb diz year i had 202 and 185 in post utme for medicine and surgery but my name wasnt on merit. when i was checkin there was a message below that said "supplement" and the only utme relevant subject combination and course was biochemistry
wat annonyz me most is dat my frnd had 181 and was given admission to study medicine
besides dat that, since biochem was the only course for supplementary, should i supplement or go fpr post basic studies or register for jamb again
ah need your advice
hmmmmm which kind school b that?
The scores arent even enough na.
In my school those scores may not even fetch botany.

Which school gave admission to study medicne with 181 putme?
And what was d jamb score of d person?

That may b d ish
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Aypoppin(m): 2:57pm On Sep 14, 2014
faboben10:
what z wrong wt ur schl?
dere is ntn wrong wif it
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by warlei(m): 4:58pm On Sep 14, 2014
Aypoppin: Guys, i need info abt lasuth, dere cut off mark for medicine. I no like ma skul
Ay, lasu is a good. Choice
Am a student there,and i can say its one of the best schools for medicine in nigeria, u can ask your questions...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jozeph1(m): 6:37pm On Sep 14, 2014
@doclight its uniuyo
my frnd 212 in jamb and 181 in post utme and was given admission
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 7:08pm On Sep 14, 2014
jozeph1: @doclight its uniuyo
my frnd 212 in jamb and 181 in post utme and was given admission
uniuyo?

I doubt.
Medicine?
Unless na runs na
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 7:10pm On Sep 14, 2014
#Medical humours
This old lady walks into the Doctor's office and says,
"Doctor, please help me. I have a terrible problem with
farting. It's not really a social problem, because you
can't smell it or hear it, but I must have farted 20 times
since talking to you." The Doctor nods his head and
says, "Take this bottle of pills and use them all. When
they are all gone in about 2 weeks, come back to see
me." The old lady comes back 2 weeks later and is
angry. She says "What was in those pills? I fart just as
much. You still can't hear them, but now they smell
horrible!" The Doctor again nods his head and says,
"Great, that takes care of your sinus problem, now let's
work on your hearing."
Have a nice sleep medics.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jozeph1(m): 10:42pm On Sep 14, 2014
@doclight it might be you cant tell for sure
so now my name wasnt on the partial merit list
should i supplement Do post basic studies so that i get admission into level 200 for med & surgery or should i write jamb again??

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 11:18pm On Sep 14, 2014
jozeph1: @doclight it might be you cant tell for sure
so now my name wasnt on the partial merit list
should i supplement Do post basic studies so that i get admission into level 200 for med & surgery or should i write jamb again??
biochemistry not a cheap course its competitive in some unis. Put in for it, and plan on a cross-over too medicine after 100l. Or u still write jamb, while in school so u dnt miss either

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.