Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1826285 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by fatimar5(f): 11:45pm On Sep 14, 2014
hi guys! been a long time! just had first anatomy end of course test on Friday! Wow! medical school is no joke o! after months of sleepless nights oh! its so good to be free o!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by fatimar5(f): 11:50pm On Sep 14, 2014
faboben10: It z a 9c feeln 2 study medicine

You can say that again! the work is hard but the feeling is really awesome! so the equation is balanced!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 11:54pm On Sep 14, 2014
fatimar5:

You can say that again! the work is hard but the feeling is really awesome! so the equation is balanced!
wow fatimar5. For u it wont be so stressful since u already had a first degree
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by fatimar5(f): 12:09am On Sep 15, 2014
Doclight: wow fatimar5. For u it wont be so stressful since u already had a first degree

Medicine is always stressful but having a first degree gives you the maturity to hold it together when you feel like loosing it. Because trust me sometimes you feel like throwing in the towels and running away! But after everything, it is always fun to laugh about how you cried because everything did not just make sense initially! medicine is just the bomb! It gives you the roller coaster of feelings in life!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 12:22am On Sep 15, 2014
fatimar5:

Medicine is always stressful but having a first degree gives you the maturity to hold it together when you feel like loosing it. Because trust me sometimes you feel like throwing in the towels and running away! But after everything, it is always fun to laugh about how you cried because everything did not just make sense initially! medicine is just the bomb! It gives you the roller coaster of feelings in life!
like dis

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SanVESCO(m): 12:58am On Sep 15, 2014
Doclight: like dis
Hmmmmmmmmm,this is for all medical students and others.
Check out this thread,you can still make extra cash peacefully while in medical school.
I did it,so you can?
Presently a final year MBBS student in Abu Zaria

https://www.nairaland.com/1903164/nairaland-number-one-money-making
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DavidHunds(m): 3:06am On Sep 15, 2014
warlei:
Ay, lasu is a good. Choice
Am a student there,and i can say its one of the best schools for medicine in nigeria, u can ask your questions...
seconded!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jozeph1(m): 7:54am On Sep 15, 2014
@doclight how wil i be able to cross to med and surgery after my 100l frm biochem dept?
Ah'll do anything(except vodoo or juju or even killing) to study medicine cos i have the passion for it, do you guys knw as funny as it is ,ah sew my first lab coat and bought a dissectin set and even bought textbookz for anatomy and physiology and biochem after i finished sec school and package them in a carton
wrote jamb atlease scored above 180 which the cutoff mark for uniuyo and in my apt test but my name wasnt on the merit list and was told to supplement to biochem
i became sick for a week am sure i nearly had an heart attack i did my best in that examz
now ah dont knw my left frm right and the very next decision to make
am 18yearz now and i dont wanna spend another year @ home doin nothing
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 8:06am On Sep 15, 2014
jozeph1: @doclight how wil i be able to cross to med and surgery after my 100l frm biochem dept?
Ah'll do anything(except vodoo or juju or even killing) to study medicine cos i have the passion for it, do you guys knw as funny as it is ,ah sew my first lab coat and bought a dissectin set and even bought textbookz for anatomy and physiology and biochem after i finished sec school and package them in a carton
wrote jamb atlease scored above 180 which the cutoff mark for uniuyo and in my apt test but my name wasnt on the merit list and was told to supplement to biochem
i became sick for a week am sure i nearly had an heart attack i did my best in that examz
guy getting minimum requirements is not a guarantee that u are gonna get admitted. Cos they have departmental cut. Getting medicine in a federal uni as uniuyo requires a lot. Like getting minimum of 260 in jamb and pjamb to b on d safer part. Cutoffs for medicine in federal unis, usually ranges from 60 percent -90 percent depending on general performance.
For example aau a state uni cut 65 for medicne dis year, unn cut about 275 or thereabout, ui cut 80 percent. So my guy for u to get med. Score high in both jamb and pjamb.

Enter school first u'd knw d procedure on crossing. U'd need a very high g.p in 100l
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by musty001: 9:19am On Sep 15, 2014
SanVESCO:
Hmmmmmmmmm,this is for all medical students and others.
Check out this thread,you can still make extra cash peacefully while in medical school.
I did it,so you can?
Presently a final year MBBS student in Abu Zaria

https://www.nairaland.com/1903164/nairaland-number-one-money-making
Sanvesco on nl.(nice)
Also a student dere,mbbs.
Zak131 thingy.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 9:25am On Sep 15, 2014
jozeph1: @doclight how wil i be able to cross to med and surgery after my 100l frm biochem dept?
U were jux too fast...Hw can u start buying lab coats and medical textbooks when u're not even through with 100level? I know some newly admitted medical students(through jamb) have already started reading some anatomy and physiology textbooks..For what na? They jux become too carried away dat they think entering medical school already means they're doctors...Medicine is one of those courses that u're not supposed to be faster than ur shadow...U haven't yet written post jamb but yet u had already bought lab coats and medical textbooks..It maybe an action of faith or determination sha, but dat is really uncalled for..There are two pieces of advice I can give u now:
U can decide to drop the biochem and write jamb again Or u can take the biochem and write jamb again and also go for change of course to medicine...
NOTE: THE FORMER IS FOR PATIENT PEOPLE..I WROTE JAMB LAST YEAR AND I WAS NOT GIVEN MEDICINE...A LOT OF PEOPLE TOLD ME TO GO FOR D COURSE I WAS GIVEN BUT I DECIDED TO STAY AND WRITE JAMB AGAIN...NOW I'VE BEEN ADMITTED TO STUDY MEDICINE..I CONCENTRATED FULLY because I DIDN'T HAVE ANY DISTRACTED ATTENTION...MEANWHILE THE LATER IS FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT PATIENT...FROM MY UNDERSTANDING, MANY OF THOSE WHO CHOOSE D SECOND METHOD DON'T GET TO STUDY MEDICINE AND THEY END UP BEING FRUSTRATED...
Also, u may decide to finish ur biochem and transfer to med through DE...If u're patient also....
AS SOME DOCTORS WILL SAY, MEDICINE IS ONE OF THOSE COURSES THAT IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO START STUDYING

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jozeph1(m): 9:33am On Sep 15, 2014
Then i'lll be writin jamb again this time i'll be applyin for university in the north probably udusok there i think it wil be much more easier than here in south wer thousands of students apply for med and surgery every year
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 9:52am On Sep 15, 2014
jozeph1: Then i'lll be writin jamb again this time i'll be applyin for university in the north probably udusok there i think it wil be much more easier than here in south wer thousands of students apply for med and surgery every year
Kk..But make sure d medical school is accredited..U can check here..
Babafaros: https://www.mdcn.gov.ng/index.php/training/
accredited-medical-institutions
For freshers
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jozeph1(m): 10:33am On Sep 15, 2014
Hmmm stil cant beliv i have to start all over again(2015jamb-post utme)
so frustratin it feels as tho God hates me
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 12:35pm On Sep 15, 2014
jozeph1: Hmmm stil cant beliv i have to start all over again(2015jamb-post utme)
guy trust me, if u forfeit it, u may not know what u doing to ursef, i tell u wont have anytin to loose if u write while in school, u even wud have d advantage to study more harder while in school, than at home alone. D decision is yours.

What i knw is dat in naija, u are never sure u have passed, untill u pass.

How sure are u about next year jamb?

Smh
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by gameboi: 12:49pm On Sep 15, 2014
Doclight: guy getting minimum requirements is not a guarantee that u are gonna get admitted. Cos they have departmental cut. Getting medicine in a federal uni as uniuyo requires a lot. Like getting minimum of 260 in jamb and pjamb to b on d safer part. Cutoffs for medicine in federal unis, usually ranges from 60 percent -90 percent depending on general performance.
For example aau a state uni cut 65 for medicne dis year, unn cut about 275 or thereabout, ui cut 80 percent. So my guy for u to get med. Score high in both jamb and pjamb.

Enter school first u'd knw d procedure on crossing. U'd need a very high g.p in 100l
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jozeph1(m): 1:37pm On Sep 15, 2014
@gameboi its your decision to beliv me or not.....so ah dont care
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by gameboi: 2:18pm On Sep 15, 2014
jozeph1: @gameboi its your decision to beliv me or not.....so ah dont care
It seems you don't understand me. Anyway, Like you said. It's my decision.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Taofiq129(m): 4:38pm On Sep 15, 2014
jozeph1: Hmmm stil cant beliv i have to start all over again(2015jamb-post utme)
make i hear say u dy frustrated...afterall its ur first jamb or 2nd perhaps...av written jamb twice though both nt of d aim of getin medicine...got chem at ma first trial...i den blivd i cud study medicine..wrote jamb nd p.jamb buh was 7 marks short of my cutof dis yr(unibadan)..nd stil wit d voracious aim of tryin again..buh ma parent wnt jes allow me try again,nt 4 medicine....doclight has said it all..try chek ma wot i'l call ma story i tink 2pages b4 dis..mayb u'l learn smetin...ALL D BEST BRO!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Taofiq129(m): 4:45pm On Sep 15, 2014
Thewhizzkid1:
U were jux too fast...Hw can u start buying lab coats and medical textbooks when u're not even through with 100level? I know some newly admitted medical students(through jamb) have already started reading some anatomy and physiology textbooks..For what na? They jux become too carried away dat they think entering medical school already means they're doctors...Medicine is one of those courses that u're not supposed to be faster than ur shadow...U haven't yet written post jamb but yet u had already bought lab coats and medical textbooks..It maybe an action of faith or determination sha, but dat is really uncalled for..There are two pieces of advice I can give u now:
U can decide to drop the biochem and write jamb again Or u can take the biochem and write jamb again and also go for change of course to medicine...
NOTE: THE FORMER IS FOR PATIENT PEOPLE..I WROTE JAMB LAST YEAR AND I WAS NOT GIVEN MEDICINE...A LOT OF PEOPLE TOLD ME TO GO FOR D COURSE I WAS GIVEN BUT I DECIDED TO STAY AND WRITE JAMB AGAIN...NOW I'VE BEEN ADMITTED TO STUDY MEDICINE..I CONCENTRATED FULLY because I DIDN'T HAVE ANY DISTRACTED ATTENTION...MEANWHILE THE LATER IS FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT PATIENT...FROM MY UNDERSTANDING, MANY OF THOSE WHO CHOOSE D SECOND METHOD DON'T GET TO STUDY MEDICINE AND THEY END UP BEING FRUSTRATED...
Also, u may decide to finish ur biochem and transfer to med through DE...If u're patient also....
AS SOME DOCTORS WILL SAY, MEDICINE IS ONE OF THOSE COURSES THAT IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO START STUDYING
if u sabi d extent av gone on dis medicine wetin!...u go shake head!...though me neva buy any medicine stuff...shey na d medical txtbuks wey occupy 60% memory of ma tab i won talk..buh mine na knowledge nd learnin thingy..if u knw woh i mean!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jozeph1(m): 5:11pm On Sep 15, 2014
Seriously rather than stayin @ home i'll be goin for a post basic studies which wil give me direct admission into level200 and then apply for jamb again
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samypopson: 5:14pm On Sep 15, 2014
Pls house; can some one wif Bsc in pharmacy take direct entry to study medicine in UI
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sisiafrika(f): 5:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
samypopson: Pls house; can some one wif Bsc in pharmacy take direct entry to study medicine in UI
who is dis are u kinda sick or wat? I'm very sure u don't have a B.pharm cert else u won't ask dis stupid question. Who does dat? In this tym nd age?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by stanvesco(m): 5:42pm On Sep 15, 2014
musty001: Sanvesco on nl.(nice)
Also a student dere,mbbs.
Zak131 thingy.
. My respect bro,we are planning on going national and international,....thanks for stopping by to comment
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jenbruce09(m): 5:45pm On Sep 15, 2014
jozeph1: Seriously rather than stayin @ home i'll be goin for a post basic studies which wil give me direct admission into level200 and then apply for jamb again
which school pls?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 5:51pm On Sep 15, 2014
jenbruce09: which school pls?
i guess that is uniuyo.

Ijmb programme.
A level
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jenbruce09(m): 6:03pm On Sep 15, 2014
Doclight: i guess that is uniuyo.

Ijmb programme.
A level
ooh.. Dats OK.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jenbruce09(m): 6:04pm On Sep 15, 2014
Doclight: i guess that is uniuyo.

Ijmb programme.
A level
how does it work?? is it preferable than jamb?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 15, 2014
Thewhizzkid1:
The fact that you didn't do it doesn't make it a decision for people who are not patient....
Its actually a smart decision for smarter people.. I know people who got MBBS while they were in 200 or 300 level..
The advantages are more than what think... I gained admission into MBBS while I was about to start 200level in BSc Anatomy... I didn't get distracted... at least... I did well in jamb and I was among d best in 100level anatomy then. It depends on your mindset... it even gives u an edge since the courses u do are advanced courses on physics..chemistry n zoology(which is more or less like biology)...
For u to sypay that the decision is for impatient people, I believe you have not resumed yet... when u resume n u see that over 50% of d students in ur level made that decision... n then u see their performance,u will know it is not a decision for impatient people.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 15, 2014
sisiafrika: who is dis are u kinda sick or wat? I'm very sure u don't have a B.pharm cert else u won't ask dis stupid question. Who does dat? In this tym nd age?
Sister noosi... if u cnt answer his question, its better not to reply him..... all he did was ask a simple question...
N that's where the wahala starts ...from Nairaland,,, n it follows them to the wards..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 6:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
jenbruce09: how does it work?? is it preferable than jamb?
i cant categorically say. Depending on ur performance. U'd move to 200l medicine via D.E, weda in uniuyo or any school dat accepts ijmb.

Its somewhat better though, but costly
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 6:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
DrHesjay:
The fact that you didn't do it doesn't make it a decision for people who are not patient....
Its actually a smart decision for smarter people.. I know people who got MBBS while they were in 200 or 300 level..
The advantages are more than what think... I gained admission into MBBS while I was about to start 200level in BSc Anatomy... I didn't get distracted... at least... I did well in jamb and I was among d best in 100level anatomy then. It depends on your mindset... it even gives u an edge since the courses u do are advanced courses on physics..chemistry n zoology(which is more or less like biology)...
For u to sypay that the decision is for impatient people, I believe you have not resumed yet... when u resume n u see that over 50% of d students in ur level made that decision... n then u see their performance,u will know it is not a decision for impatient people.
exactly

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.