Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,976 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1837543 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 8:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
^^

Also waiting for the answer to this question. It's quite easy.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 9:53pm On Sep 10, 2014
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 9:55pm On Sep 10, 2014
#Medical humours...A 92 year-old man went to the doctor to get a physical.
A few days later the doctor saw the man walking down
the street with a gorgeous young lady on his arm. At his
follow up visit the doctor talked to the man and said,
"You're really doing great, aren't you?" The man
replied, "Just doing what you said Doctor, 'Get a hot
mamma and be cheerful'." The Doctor said, "I didn't
say that. I said you got a heart murmur. Be careful."
Have a blissful night medics..

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lisimmo(m): 10:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
Prepare for and practice Jamb, POST UTME CBT questions online. Visit www.e-testpedia.com

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by faithboi: 12:47am On Sep 11, 2014
Hello medics.....please what course(s) should one be expecting in first year m&s?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Babafaros(m): 7:33am On Sep 11, 2014
2015 JAMB HOLDS
FEB,28-MARCH 14,2015
Please note that a matriculated
student
in any university is not eligible to
sit for
the Unified Tertiary Matriculation
Examination (UTME) except those
who
are transferring from foreign
Universitites.
No more Potter's wheel&successor
now
THE LAST DAYS AT
FORCADOS HIGH SCHOOL ” By A.
H.
MOHAMMED.
http://www..com/
20152016-jamb-online-registration-
procedure/
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ModusOperandi(f): 7:40am On Sep 11, 2014
faithboi: Hello medics.....please what course(s) should one be expecting in first year m&s?
Normal science courses. GST, Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany and some borrowed courses
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 8:05am On Sep 11, 2014
faithboi: Hello medics.....please what course(s) should one be expecting in first year m&s?
U can check this link...www.hamj.org/mbbscurr.htm It contains all d detailed explanations for 100 level mbbs courses..For UniJos though..But it can give u an insight of what u should expect in ur school..M a newly admitted medical student also..AAU..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by vincent561(m): 8:07am On Sep 11, 2014
Thewhizzkid1: Kk.It's been a really long time bro..Wishing u d best of lucks..God will surely crown ur efforts with success..
Amen!.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by saintswagz: 10:34am On Sep 11, 2014
lomaxx:

When's the exam?

Bro please I'm also in need of these textbooks.......Asin I'm seriously in need of it. My email is saintswagz@gmail.com....thank u so much sir!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by saintswagz: 10:40am On Sep 11, 2014
lomaxx: ^^

Also waiting for the answer to this question. It's quite easy.
Sir abeg....mr I need d textbooks ni ooooo...plsss sir
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Luminary1(f): 12:52pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hello peeps of dis noble profession i would like to comfirm before i opt in,,, pls wch uni shd i choose between unical and unn ............
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by saintswagz: 1:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
Luminary1: Hello peeps of dis noble profession i would like to comfirm before i opt in,,, pls wch uni shd i choose between unical and unn ............
The two universities are highly competitive in dia prospective areas....they r both federal universities, so it us hard to say which one is better. My Advice is for u to just go and check if dey both av an accreditation on d mdcn site(medicine and dentistry council of Nigeria) which I think they have. And choose d one more convenient for u. Moreover as a medical student, u don't expect ur lecturers to teach u all....they r to guide u. Ur seriousness and determination is all that matters, and you will show this by having to read and engage in academic discussions with ur mates most of the time. So irrespective of which skool u choose, ur hardwork is all that really matters. Hope I helped u a lil bit. Best of luck.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by saintswagz: 1:38pm On Sep 11, 2014
[b][/b] pls any student or graduate of lasucom in here......I need some help!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by faithboi: 1:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
ModusOperandi: Normal science courses. GST, Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany and some borrowed courses
those borrowed courses,I hope there's no maths amongst them...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by faithboi: 2:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
Thewhizzkid1: U can check this link...www.hamj.org/mbbscurr.htm It contains all d detailed explanations for 100 level mbbs courses..For UniJos though..But it can give u an insight of what u should expect in ur school..M a newly admitted medical student also..AAU..
thanks bro...exactly what I wanted...but MATHS...I dont like wasting time on craps I wont ultimately need.....thanks once more
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Luminary1(f): 2:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
saintswagz:
The two universities are highly competitive in dia prospective areas....they r both federal universities, so it us hard to say which one is better. My Advice is for u to just go and check if dey both av an accreditation on d mdcn site(medicine and dentistry council of Nigeria) which I think they have. And choose d one more convenient for u. Moreover as a medical student, u don't expect ur lecturers to teach u all....they r to guide u. Ur seriousness and determination is all that matters, and you will show this by having to read and engage in academic discussions with ur mates most of the time. So irrespective of which skool u choose, ur hardwork is all that really matters. Hope I helped u a lil bit. Best of luck.

tank u zo much? I tink i now have the key wch z HARDWORK....regardless the institution, however i shdnt inform u(if u are in naija) abt our erroneous sentiments of tagging a particular insti the best on a particular field, and if u are not a graduate from dat uni u are not on the cliq..........dats why i really want to choose sagaciously.......
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 2:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
faithboi: thanks bro...exactly what I wanted...but MATHS...I dont like wasting time on craps I wont ultimately need.....thanks once more
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 2:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
faithboi: thanks bro...exactly what I wanted...but MATHS...I dont like wasting time on craps I wont ultimately need.....thanks once more
U have to start having a flair for maths now oo..M sure u know u're supposed to pass all ur courses b4 going to 200L..I hated physics while in sec school because I had no textbook for doing extra study and my physics teacher(I had one physics teacher throughout sec school) was too fast and direct..I hated physics too much that anytime my physics teacher enters class, I would feel like "why is there anything called physics"...This even made me hate engineering d more and I started wondering what on earth those engineers might be passing through with physics..I started thanking God that medicine does not involve physics( A wrong ideology that exists in the minds of most medical aspirants)..I didn't gain admission last year mainly due to my reduced ability in physics..This year though, tinx changed..I read my physics textbook on my own(when I was preparing 4 my jamb ) and I was surprised to see how easy physics is...I was surprised as to how I could clearly understand d dreaded AC circuit and its brothers all on my own..To my own surprise, my physics syllabus was d first I finished b4 my co science subjects(even b4 my beloved biology)..Anyway, m jux trying to give an impression that every subject can be understood no matter how hard...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by faithboi: 2:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
Thewhizzkid1: U have to start having a flair for maths now oo..Shrugged u know u're supposed to pass all ur courses b4 going to 200L..I hated physics while in sec school because I had no textbook for doing extra study and my physics teacher(I had one physics teacher throughout sec school) was too fast and direct..I hated physics so much that anytime my physics teacher enters class, I will feel like "why was there anything called physics"...This even made me hate engineering d more and I started wondering what on earth those engineers might be passing through with physics..I started thanking God that medicine does not involve physics( A wrong idealog
thanks,I've just grabbed a maths textbook 'introductory mathematics for colleges & universities' ....I'll try do do proper justice to it as I revise my biology and science texts...thanks for the advice!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Taofiq129(m): 3:07pm On Sep 11, 2014
Gbsks: like seriously, u r nt d only 1, i'm in ur shoes 2 bro, i'm a part 1 undergraduate of MCB in oau,although i think u shud opt for d nxt utme as dat's technically d best option u av left, as i'm planning 2 do d same too.
tnks bro..d exact idea runnin around ma head....all d best bro!!.....oh nd wich skul wil u chose nd woh course??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 3:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
faithboi: thanks,I've just grabbed a maths textbook 'introductory mathematics for colleges & universities' ....I'll try do do proper justice to it as I revise my biology and science texts...thanks for the advice!
Yeah...Hope u've seen d second post? I deleted d earlier post(d one u quoted) cos it wasn't complete and it had some grammar errors(noticed when I went through it again)..Anyway as for me, I've not started my revisions..I think I'll start next week...M still doing some research on the medical field so that I will know what to expect when I start...If u have any information pertaining to d medical degree, pls pass on..Thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 6:11pm On Sep 11, 2014
Taofiq129: tnks bro..d exact idea runnin around ma head....all d best bro!!.....oh nd wich skul wil u chose nd woh course??
ui for mbbs. Cos oau is damn too slow, they go on strike too much, presently i'm nt sure if my skul won't b closed down due 2 EVD contracted by one of d student of d skul. Although i heard she tested negative as of now.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ModusOperandi(f): 7:17pm On Sep 11, 2014
faithboi: those borrowed courses,I hope there's no maths amongst them...
it depends on your school. In UNIBEN, they don't do Math
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by saintswagz: 7:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
Luminary1:

tank u zo much? I tink i now have the key wch z HARDWORK....regardless the institution, however i shdnt inform u(if u are in naija) abt our erroneous sentiments of tagging a particular insti the best on a particular field, and if u are not a graduate from dat uni u are not on the cliq..........dats why i really want to choose sagaciously.......
Loooool.......bro, I'm also an aspiring medical student o.....waiting and praying that lasu should release anoda list having medicine and surgery too. But I know all this cos I'm so determined to be a medic. Unlike others, I don't care growing old making dis precious dream of mine come true. I wish u very best of luck bro.

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Luminary1(f): 12:17am On Sep 12, 2014
[quote author=saintswagz][/quote]

tank u Same to you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 12:38pm On Sep 12, 2014
My little piece of advice for medical aspirants..
I think one of d reasons most medical aspirants
choose to study medicine is because of d respect d
medical doctors earn and their relatively high pay..The
respect most especially..Sometimes most of us jux hide
under d umbrella that it's mainly because we want to
save lives...The money involved should not be a reason
though as most medical students/doctors will also
say....As 4 me, I jux chose it because I love the dignity,
nature and complexity of d course...I love anything
related to healthcare...And medicine is d only course
that can give me an allround knowledge of
healthcare...Lest I forget, d respect is an added reason,
also d desire to save lives( which by God's grace, will
grow on as I continue my study)...But d relatively high
pay d doctors receive is not a reason for me at all...Anyway,
who doesn't want to be paid a high salary after all? No
one..As a medical aspirant, jux make sure u have an appropriate reason for
studying medicine..Don't jux jump into it because of
what people tell u or because of what u think...I'll
advise u, as a medical aspirant, to do a thorough research and make sure it is d
right course for u...Goodluck...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 12, 2014
nice one Thewhizzkid1
but seriously... if it were to be for the money, I wldnt have chosen this path..
there are other ways to make money and they do not involve this kind of stress...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 1:50pm On Sep 12, 2014
DrHesjay: nice one Thewhizzkid1
but seriously... if it were to be for the money, I wldnt have chosen this path..
there are other ways to make money and they do not involve this kind of stress...
Yeah...Thanks...But doctors are always well paid by d govt..I think they are the highest paid govt workers(aside those in political positions)...But a doctor who goes into medicine with the thought of making money will suffer from frustration...Not because he is not well paid but because he is not paid as much as he thinks he is supposed to be paid( This kind of medical doctors ,during his med school, will think that doctors are extremely rich people.)Although I think 99% if not 100% of all medical students expect to be rich(on d average) as a doctor..But d main thing is dat let us not put money as a major priority...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 12, 2014
Thewhizzkid1:
Yeah...Thanks...But doctors are always well paid by d govt..I think they are the highest paid govt workers(aside those in political positions)...But a doctor who goes into medicine with the thought of making money will suffer from frustration...Not because he is not well paid but because he is not paid as much as he thinks he is supposed to be paid( This kind of medical doctors ,during his med school, will think that doctors are extremely rich people.)Although I think 99% if not 100% of all medical students expect to be rich(on d average) as a doctor..But d main thing is dat let us not put money as a major priority...
exactly. ..
m not even saying docs r not well paid...
all I am saying is there r other fields that give d same or even more... and they don't pass through stress
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 2:09pm On Sep 12, 2014
DrHesjay: exactly. ..
m not even saying docs r not well paid...
all I am saying is there r other fields that give d same or even more... and they don't pass through stress
Yeah..I understood ur first statement...I was jux trying to express a point..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by faboben10: 3:01pm On Sep 12, 2014
It z a 9c feeln 2 study medicine

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.