Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,090 members, 7,821,768 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1837277 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 2:09pm On Dec 30, 2012
hmmmm..hu inspired me hmmm it was my l8 twin,,, afta ha death,, i promised myself d@ i'd do my vewi best 2 save lives esplly d@ ov modaz nd kids.. also d passion of carin,helpn nd livin ppl beta dan i met dem bcosi ve also come 2 realise d@ d reason 4 most pplez fisikal illness is because dey r emotnally nd psycologically worn awt nd ill...dia first point of call?? THE HOSPITAL... so if i can 'heal' d mind definately d body 4lows suit........ Dr Benjamin Solmon Carson was also a big inspiratn #twale Baba!!!!# ma felo Drs... wat we r in is more much more dan u can imagine... We r gonna get dere and we by Gods will and power are gonna touch lives!! did i hear u sae Amen?

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 30, 2012
Amin.. @glow2shyn. Your story is really inspiring.. I hope you make your twin sis proud..

My inspiration came from when I had my first surgery, the surgeon that performed it was veery good.. I barely have scars now.. I totally fell in love with surgery then.. Lool.. Can't wait to get over with med school and start performing surgery.. cheesy cheesy smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Toluk1(f): 10:24pm On Dec 30, 2012
I dnt even knw hw i fell in luv wit medicine. I gues it startd wen i was a kid. U knw baby talk nw 'i want 2 b a doctor' dat somhw developed as i grew older. Or mayb it's because ma mom works in a clinic as a lab tech. & as a kid i visited d clinic frequently since it's close 2 ma primary sch.
As i was typing i remebered 1 inspiration 'ignorance'
people do so many crazy tins yl luking 4 cures. I even heard of a woman who gave her only child izar thereby killing d poor child al in d name of treating a disease. Dis tin realy anoy me & make me feel lyk helpin pple knw beta.
We ar pencils in d hands of the creator.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by andyjell01(m): 8:09am On Dec 31, 2012
Don't kill ursef oooo
Its xmas,celebrate,because medicine is most times done wit wisdom
I passed my 1st mbbs exam not because i read until i nearly die(though i read sha o) but i read wit wisdom.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 8:47am On Dec 31, 2012
U guys have gr8 reasons why u were inspired to study medicine. Here is my little story:
I was FORCED into Medicine by my parents.yeah it sounds awkward, but that's the truth.
So many people were forced to study courses either by their parents or by the university itself.
It now depends on how that individual handles it.
I'm a versatile and flexible person. I guess that was what made me stand strong in med schl even among those who dreamt day and nyt to study med.
So many people wantd to study mbbs but they got courses like physiotherapy, radiography,etc well i have a little piece of advice,

do ur very best and stand out from others in whatever course u're studying, then later u can pursue ur dream course giving u a double platform of opportunity if only u can eff maximise ur limited time.
God's will over ur lyf is irrevocable, ur life is a function of time and action.
Make a difference wherever u find urself.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 31, 2012
Hmnnn.. Dr.Gboy.. What would you have preferred to study?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 10:09am On Dec 31, 2012
[quote author=Dr.Gboy)
Make a difference wherever u find urself.[/quote]

Great one from u Dr Gboy.
It's gud to put in d best in every field one finds oneself.
God bless u with more wisdom
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 10:13am On Dec 31, 2012
The crystal truth is I still feel inferior with MBBS in eksu.

I pray I succeed well in jamb next year so has for me to join d leagues of great docs like you.

I need ur prayer
I love medicine with all my heart.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 31, 2012
Z
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 3:30pm On Dec 31, 2012
@oluafolabi... tanks Amen...,,, @ DrGboy ur a resilent nd determined young man... God bless u more ooo... btw am almost d same as uu my dad had it mind nd always inclined my directn 2wards mbbs...buhh it was in me..well... it is well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 31, 2012
Amb Fitsaint: The crystal truth is I still feel inferior with MBBS in eksu.

I pray I succeed well in jamb next year so has for me to join d leagues of great docs like you.

I need ur prayer
I love medicine with all my heart.

You don't have to feel inferior.. I once told I friend of mine also studying med in Esku when he said the same thing you sare saying now that 'It is the quality of the doctor that you wanna become that matters most and not your school'

Strive to be the best at what you do and people will respect you for that..

I hope this helps.. I wish you best of luck in Nxt year's UTME too.. Cheers bro!

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by 1050mu(m): 4:50pm On Dec 31, 2012
I jst found ma self in med skul

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 7:44pm On Dec 31, 2012
God is my biggest inspiration...

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tayyibb(m): 9:05pm On Dec 31, 2012
Why I want to become a doctor? what actually inspired me?.whenever i ponder on these questn my answer is always IT IS WHAT I MUST BECOME.God inspired me.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 1:28am On Jan 01, 2013
Happy new year peeps...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nonleviki: 6:44am On Jan 01, 2013
Inspiration!Inspiration!inspiration! I bliv da God rily wntd me 2 study dentistry. I hated medecine wen i woz in high sch. I preferred reading oda courses because of d yrs nd stress. Bt seeking admissn 4 d past 4 yrs, i decided 2 put uniport dentistry as ma 2nd choice dis yr nt knowing dat it is equivalent 2 medecine. I woz given admissn. Bet me, am d happiest student in d world, i didn't kw dat ma ignorance wntd 2 hooke me down. Very proud of medecine nw. I appreciate dem more dan any1 else, even wen i visit hospital, i admire dem nd bliv dat 1 day i wud b lyk dem.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 01, 2013
Nonleviki: Inspiration!Inspiration!inspiration! I bliv da God rily wntd me 2 study dentistry. I hated medecine wen i woz in high sch. I preferred reading oda courses because of d yrs nd stress. Bt seeking admissn 4 d past 4 yrs, i decided 2 put uniport dentistry as ma 2nd choice dis yr nt knowing dat it is equivalent 2 medecine. I woz given admissn. Bet me, am d happiest student in d world, i didn't kw dat ma ignorance wntd 2 hooke me down. Very proud of medecine nw. I appreciate dem more dan any1 else, even wen i visit hospital, i admire dem nd bliv dat 1 day i wud b lyk dem.
hmmm...viki boss...i still dey ma knees dey hail oo
...oya wey ma new year gift?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 9:39am On Jan 01, 2013
O.M.E:
God is my biggest inspiration...

Yeah! He is the doctor of all doctors.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 9:59am On Jan 01, 2013
oluafolabi:

You don't have to feel inferior.. I once told I friend of mine also studying med in Esku when he said the same thing you sare saying now that 'It is the quality of the doctor that you wanna become that matters most and not your school'

Strive to be the best at what you do and people will respect you for that..

I hope this helps.. I wish you best of luck in Nxt year's UTME too.. Cheers bro!

Amen IJN.
Thanks boss.
Your answer to my question has always been awesome and encouraging.
Happy new year to u, all docs and docs to be on nairaland.
God bless u all

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 10:56am On Jan 01, 2013
Wishing all medical doctors, dentists, medical scientists, lab scientists, nurses, physiotherapists, and every other guru that always contributes his/her quota towars saving a life a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

May God continue to shower His Blessings, Mercy and Favour, and may He Guide, Guard and Protect us.... Amen!!!

Happy new year folks!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 01, 2013
Wishing everybody on this thread a wonderful year ahead. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 8:17am On Jan 02, 2013
Holiday ended....School Resumes....wishing all a stress free week
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 02, 2013
M
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by hafa01: 3:26pm On Jan 02, 2013
HAFA CAN ASSIST FIRST DEGREE HOLDERS IN ANY FIELD TO GAIN DIRECT ENTRY INTO UNIVERSITIES IN THE U.S.A AND OTHER PART OF AMERICA TO STUDY MEDICINE. FRESHMEN ARE ALSO WELCOME. WE HAVE BEEN ASSISTING STUDENTS TO STUDY ABROAD SINCE 2006. NO JAMB IS REQUIRED. FOR QUESTIONS YOU MAY CONTACT US AT hafaomega@yahoo.com or call +1-347-846-7854. THANK YOU [b][/b][color=#000099][/color]

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 2:24pm On Jan 03, 2013
YES!!! we made it!! HAPPY NEW YEAR Doctors!!! 2013 wil b 1 of d best years yet!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 5:28pm On Jan 03, 2013
This year, I will be graduating by God's grace...

I will write my final posting exam (S3) in two weeks time, mock MBBS in another two weeks and my part III final MBBS exam in march...

Please guys, I really need your prayers, cos me no want any resit ooo, na 1st bus I wan meet oooo!!!

Thanx guyz, may God answer your own prayers too...

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 03, 2013
Dr Lagusta don't worry, u'll pass excellently. What you sow, that u shall reap. Cos you've helped + motivated most of us including me, God will be merciful unto you.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by guldberg(m): 6:06pm On Jan 03, 2013
my inspiration is watchin a film gifted hands by ben carson....i wish to become a medical doc rite frm my SS1 ...after my sec sch ws admitted 4 biochemistry nw in 300 wit a GP above 4.0 .thou i av bng applyin 4 jamb rite frm my 100l but my luck is not forth comin..i pray am admitted dis year....wish all Dr success on dis thrend
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 8:10pm On Jan 03, 2013
Lagusta: This year, I will be graduating by God's grace...

I will write my final posting exam (S3) in two weeks time, mock MBBS in another two weeks and my part III final MBBS exam in march...

Please guys, I really need your prayers, cos me no want any resit ooo, na 1st bus I wan meet oooo!!!

don't worry, u are already DR. LAGUSTA, God will surely help you out bro, we are proud of you, please accept our congrats. " getting ready for induction things, i can't wait oh!" lol.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 10:22pm On Jan 03, 2013
Lagusta: This year, I will be graduating by God's grace...

oga u no need talk na...i don tell u say just tidy the induction wella...i attend one this month and ur own na b next...no fear...resit no b for u....congrant in advance
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:49am On Jan 04, 2013
Am not a Medicine Student, but am studying Medical Science (Human Anatomy). I love the course am studying right now, dissection at it's peak, (Lower Limbs) learning(Sembuligam) Cramming (Keith Moore) Drawings(Histology) Pathways (Biochemistry) Studying (Embryology).....The pressure on it's own is good to keep us going, waking up everyday with the desire to get back into your laboratory coat, walking into the Gross Anatomy Laboratory, as the Formaline odour at it's peak ushers you in, they you begin to deal with cadavers...."Scapel, Please" Scrapping off fats... Gluteal Region is full of fat!!! Just pray you don't get a fat, old cadaver, because they're not fun to dissect!!! Lot's of cold fat....Do you visualise fun in my rants? Seriously it's fun.

Don't let people fool you about Job Prospects in Basic Medical Sciences in Nigeria, The problem with our scholars is that, they want to start earning money with their first degree (B.sc, B.tech), If that is your foresight, BMS is not for you, but if you desire to leave your footprints on the sand of medicine, the BMS is the right way to go. Before you can get a good job with Basic Medical Sciences Degree, you must have at least a Master Degree, better still a PhD. Do you know that most PhD degree in BMS is fully funded in Developed country and you'll still earn stipends for studying?? BMS is all about discovering something that would help generations to come.

While I really Appreciate the effort of our Doctors, Nurses, and other Medical Officers, because they are in the fore front of presenting medical care to patients, their effort is limited to so categories of people, but a medical discovery can save more life, even more than what a doctor will do in his life time (But, Doctors roles with patients is inevitable, they work hard to see things are done the way it should be done).

Let's the dissection begin!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.