Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1835557 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ImmaOla: 9:53am On Sep 01, 2014
@ Dr. Lomaxx. Pls sir, I don't mind getting the links to the textbooks. olarindei@yahoo.com................thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 10:28am On Sep 01, 2014
chimoz:
I wrote US board exams from part 1 to part 3 when I was still in med school and passed all of them. I wrote the last part which must be written in the USA last year, passed the theory but failed the clinical part. That thing no be moi moi. Anyway I still plan to write next year again and if God willing I pass, I will do my senior residency in US. I already passed New-zealand board exam but chose not to go there cause they are willing to grant me just temporary training licence.
Did u write d Step 1 to Step 3 exams in Nigeria?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 10:29am On Sep 01, 2014
chimoz:
I wrote US board exams from part 1 to part 3 when I was still in med school and passed all of them. I wrote the last part which must be written in the USA last year, passed the theory but failed the clinical part. That thing no be moi moi. Anyway I still plan to write next year again and if God willing I pass, I will do my senior residency in US. I already passed New-zealand board exam but chose not to go there cause they are willing to grant me just temporary training licence.
Did u write d USMLE Step 1 to Step 3 exams in Nigeria?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Taofiq129(m): 12:10pm On Sep 01, 2014
sisiafrika: this is my problem with this Ismalic school! Not transparent at all!
islamic skul kwa...might b dominated by muslims wich am nt even sure it is or located/sited in ilorin doesnt make it an islamic skul...its a federal skul ma sista..dats jes their admission style!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sisiafrika(f): 12:16pm On Sep 01, 2014
lomaxx:

Download Links to some medical textbooks I managed to lay my hands on.

You'd rather it were 100 dollar bills right? grin grin
lols, its all good. Job well done.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by NmaGOD44(f): 12:23pm On Sep 01, 2014
Doclight: as a medical student, u welcome here or u try and search.
heehee....u r here too?...wooow...thanks for welcoming me
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 12:27pm On Sep 01, 2014
NmaGOD44: heehee....u r here too?...wooow...thanks for welcoming me
yeah

#smiles
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 3:51pm On Sep 01, 2014
alutacontinua:

step 3 has 2 parts?
or step 2?
your post is very confusing.
you passed all of them but failed CS (I'm guessing that's the clinical part)
explain further, biko

Haha...

I doubt if its the same usmle I know.
Let's give him the benefit of doubt.

Besides, most people write Step 3 in their first year of residency.

But then....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 01, 2014
lomaxx:

Haha...

I doubt if its the same usmle I know.
Let's give him the benefit of doubt.

Besides, most people write Step 3 in their first year of residency.

But then....

You know when I read his first sentence, I was gonna pm him already.
but by the time I finished reading the paragraph, I decided to save myself the stress cheesy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 3:58pm On Sep 01, 2014
alutacontinua:

You know when I read his first sentence, I was gonna pm him already.
but by the time I finished reading the paragraph, I decided to save myself the stress cheesy

Since when did usmle have theory?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 01, 2014
lomaxx:

Since when did usmle have theory?

america prolly has another board exam that you dunno about cheesy tongue
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 4:02pm On Sep 01, 2014
alutacontinua:

america prolly has another board exam that you dunno about cheesy tongue

American BOard of Traditional Medicine Practitioners ? grin grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 4:12pm On Sep 01, 2014
lomaxx:

i think its the american board of osteopathy... Or something...

I think there is another medical board call chiropractic medicine
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 01, 2014
lomaxx:

you're mean grin grin

Lagusta:

huh? undecided

btw, where's an mesther96? embarassed
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 4:30pm On Sep 01, 2014
alutacontinua:

huh? undecided

if i'm lying, google it out

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 01, 2014
Lagusta:

if i'm lying, google it out

I don't have google tongue
tell me the meaning wink
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 4:46pm On Sep 01, 2014
alutacontinua:

I don't have google tongue
tell me the meaning wink

osteopathy is an alternative form of medicine that deals with the correct position of bones, muscles and nerves... Doctors of osteopath (DOs) treat illnesses by aligning bones, position nerves and massaging muscles to improve health... They also prescribe medications, take radio films, and may also perform simple surgical procedures...

One has to go to a school of osteopathy after a college degree, then pass the osteopath board...

Chiropractic medicine is somewhat complicated, even some states make it illegal to practice it there... I cant really comment on that

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 4:58pm On Sep 01, 2014
Lagusta:

Anything to practise in obodo oyibo grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 5:01pm On Sep 01, 2014
lomaxx:

Anything to practise in obodo oyibo grin

na true ooo, we fit go start this alternative medicine thingy ooo, na money tinnsss ooo grin grin grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by gameboi: 6:01pm On Sep 01, 2014
Howdy! To my Ogas at the top. Please Sir Lomaxx, I'd love to have some information and advice from you as I prepare to go through medical school. I've tried to send you a P.M message but I don't understand how to use the feature. My email is udoeyo91@gmail.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ikemsinachi(m): 7:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
ebsuguy:
Am in EBSU..
really...but I think I know you. Slimmchuks right?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ikemsinachi(m): 7:28pm On Sep 01, 2014
lomaxx: Mail sent to all. Apologies for the delays.
my God! I just checked my mail now and there is no message like that. ugohikem@gmail. com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 10:31am On Sep 02, 2014
gameboi: Howdy! To my Ogas at the top. Please Sir Lomaxx, I'd love to have some information and advice from you as I prepare to go through medical school. I've tried to send you a P.M message but I don't understand how to use the feature. My email is udoeyo91@gmail.com

Whatever questions you have, post it here. Unless you desire privacy then....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 12:08pm On Sep 02, 2014
Ikemsinachi: my God! I just checked my mail now and there is no message like that. ugohikem@gmail. com
may b u shud check ur spammed messages
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by kcsamuel: 4:33pm On Sep 02, 2014
good evening docs, hop al doin gud?? pls is it advisable for som1 @ age 22 to apply for medicine...witout any ist degree yet...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 8:29pm On Sep 02, 2014
kcsamuel: good evening docs, hop al doin gud?? pls is it advisable for som1 @ age 22 to apply for medicine...witout any ist degree yet...

When it comes to the issue of what someone or anyone should decide for his/her life, I'm usually not of much help. I believe that when it comes to goals and achievement, there is a common denominator - choice. Irrespective of how old you are, or how young you are- what's important is that you make a choice....and stand by it to the very end. Every choice you make is an opportunity cost to other seeming better choices. So if you're 22 and you want to study medicine, realize that you don't just need to apply- you need to be admitted. And you don't just need to be admitted, you need to graduate. So it's entirely up to you.

If you feel age is not on your side, and you don't want to gamble, thus having a safe landing - it's still up to you. But if you ask me- you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 8:46pm On Sep 02, 2014
Ikemsinachi: really...but I think I know you. Slimmchuks right?
Are u for real?.....BTE right?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by gameboi: 8:46pm On Sep 02, 2014
lomaxx:

Whatever questions you have, post it here. Unless you desire privacy then....
I'd prefer privacy 'cos I barely login into NL.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:29am On Sep 03, 2014
Any bayero university medicla student here?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ikemsinachi(m): 2:18am On Sep 03, 2014
ebsuguy:
Are u for real?.....BTE right?
yes it's me Mike......I was with a friend who was talking abt u last semester wn d mb exam was released. I sent a text but it didn't deliver. are u in presco campus now?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 3:57am On Sep 03, 2014
Ikemsinachi: yes it's me Mike......I was with a friend who was talking abt u last semester wn d mb exam was released. I sent a text but it didn't deliver. are u in presco campus now?
Like seriously?...Yes,am in presco now
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ikemsinachi(m): 6:57am On Sep 03, 2014
ebsuguy:
Like seriously?...Yes,am in presco now
I'll give u a call so that we can talk one on one. I've succeeded with my plans. we'll talk better wn we meet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.