Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1826218 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Chartey(m): 11:59am On Dec 13, 2014
lomaxx:

I don send am.
Yes, seen. Network never gree me download am, dat na why I neva talk. Thanks a million sir. Been doing the receiving, let me know when I can do the giving please as long as no be pocket money. grin[quote author=lomaxx post=28837925]
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 12:17pm On Dec 13, 2014
A 32-year -old woman with type 1 diabetes mellitus has had progressive renal failure over the past two years. She has not yet start dialysis. Examination shows no abnormalities. Her Hb concentration =9g/dL, PCV =28%,mean corpuscular volume =94um3. A smear shows normochromic, normocytic cells. which of the following is the most likely diagnosis?

A. acute blood loss
B.chronic lymphocytic leukemia
C.erythrocytes enzyme deficiency
D.erythropoitein deficiency
E.immunohemolysis
F.microangiopathic hemolysis
G.polycythemia vera
H.sickle cell disease
I.sideroblastic anaemia
J.B- thalassemia trait
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sagaciousblog: 12:33pm On Dec 13, 2014
lomaxx:

It is possible. In fact, the sooner you do your US residency after school, the easier it is to get in. One should aim to have a maximum of 3 years post-graduation while applying. I studied the stats for the 2014 match and I discovered that most program directors

For Nigeria, our graduation is after you've finished housemanship - not after you take your oath. I just wanted to make that clear for you and every other person.

You can also benefit from the 'doctors guide to overseas training' by dropping ur mail if you do not already have it.
thanks sir. My email is sagacious18@gmail.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sagaciousblog: 12:36pm On Dec 13, 2014
Ghyft:
Uniben
does uniben now have physiotherapy?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 1:49pm On Dec 13, 2014
charleymed:
A 32-year -old woman with type 1 diabetes mellitus has had progressive renal failure over the past two years. She has not yet start dialysis. Examination shows no abnormalities. Her Hb concentration =9g/dL, PCV =28%,mean corpuscular volume =94um3. A smear shows normochromic, normocytic cells. which of the following is the most likely diagnosis?

A. acute blood loss
B.chronic lymphocytic leukemia
C.erythrocytes enzyme deficiency
D.erythropoitein deficiency
E.immunohemolysis
F.microangiopathic hemolysis
G.polycythemia vera
H.sickle cell disease
I.sideroblastic anaemia
J.B- thalassemia trait

Looking at the history superficially, i would go with D. ( not sure though)because the patient has progressive renal failure which affected the production of erythropoitein.
Her Hb conc. is less dan normal and her pvc is reduced.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 2:25pm On Dec 13, 2014
sagaciousblog:
does uniben now have physiotherapy?
LMAO
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 2:33pm On Dec 13, 2014
DBestDoc:

Looking at the history superficially, i would go with D. ( not sure though)because the patient has progressive renal failure which affected the production of erythropoitein.
Her Hb conc. is less dan normal and her pvc is reduced.
nice attempt doc..... D is definitely this answer. you got whattsapp?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrNadiz: 3:26pm On Dec 13, 2014
simba1:
Nope u must hv a minimum of Bsc. to qualify for D.E for medicine, pharmacy, nursing, dentistry. bt u can go for med. lab., optometry, med. rehab., radiography etc

minimum of Bsc to qualify for D.E into MBBS? maximum of what? And wats all d hype abt medicine?

Dont mind my questions. Am only asking because a frnd of mine recently shocked me when he confided in me, here's d situation:

He wantd Medicine but ended wit physiology,came out with a 2'2...cldnt get D.E because of d 2'2, now doing his postgraduate studies in Public Health (MPH). but he claims he stil doesnt feel fulfilled. he wants to get back to med sch thru D.E. wch he cldnt get into because he had a 2'2. Question is, wit MPH can he b considered for D.E? sounds wierd to me. havnt hrd of any1 goin for D.E wit masters, been trying to talk him out of it and towards PhD,but dude no send. Any ideas?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrNadiz: 3:29pm On Dec 13, 2014
Ghyft:
Uniben

Wow, I finished from Uniben. Never knew we had physiotherapy. Nice development
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sagaciousblog: 3:44pm On Dec 13, 2014
DrNadiz:

I heard they were introducing physiotherapy and radiography but I nvr knew they have start admitting students into them..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ghyft(f): 5:11pm On Dec 13, 2014
DrNadiz:

it is a new department. you finished from?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 13, 2014
Ghyft:
gyft you got into med rehab wow congrats . you refuse to let us know
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ghyft(f): 6:24pm On Dec 13, 2014
ojingbe:
gyft you got into med rehab wow congrats . you refuse to let us know
Dentist Ojingbe..how are you?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrNadiz: 8:39pm On Dec 13, 2014
Ghyft:

Anatomy (Basic Med Sc)
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dojot(m): 9:03pm On Dec 13, 2014
can anyone help me with Chaurasia anatomy textbook
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 10:25pm On Dec 13, 2014
charleymed:
nice attempt doc..... D is definitely this answer. you got whattsapp?
I be student oo not a Doc yet, no mind that user name...
Yea, i'm on watsapp.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ghyft(f): 11:32pm On Dec 13, 2014
DrNadiz:

Anatomy (Basic Med Sc)
And you went for medicine?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ubechu1(m): 6:17am On Dec 14, 2014
lomaxx:

It is possible. In fact, the sooner you do your US residency after school, the easier it is to get in. One should aim to have a maximum of 3 years post-graduation while applying. I studied the stats for the 2014 match and I discovered that most program directors

For Nigeria, our graduation is after you've finished housemanship - not after you take your oath. I just wanted to make that clear for you and every other person.

You can also benefit from the 'doctors guide to overseas training' by dropping ur mail if you do not already have it.
My email is subechu@gmail.com... Thanks in anticipation
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by toydgirl: 7:45pm On Dec 14, 2014
@lomaxx and Dr Lagusta,how are you guys coping with the JOHESU strike
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 8:08pm On Dec 14, 2014
toydgirl:
@lomaxx and Dr Lagusta,how are you guys coping with the JOHESU strike

No strike here where I work...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrNadiz: 8:11pm On Dec 14, 2014
Ghyft:
And you went for medicine?

Nope, currently doing my masters
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 2:35am On Dec 15, 2014
DBestDoc:

I be student oo not a Doc yet, no mind that user name...
Yea, i'm on watsapp.
OK. Please your contact here..... kelechi.uc@gmail.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ghyft(f): 5:08am On Dec 15, 2014
DrNadiz:

Nope, currently doing my masters
I see..
it's okay.. Good morning
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by toydgirl: 5:34am On Dec 15, 2014
Lagusta:

No strike here where I work...
Thats really nice because here in Lagos the JoHESU members are making sure no health worker works
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by michy99(f): 6:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
lomaxx:

elle.shantel@yahoo.com.....abt to enter 400 lvl,pls I ld like to no d textbooks to buy and where to start reading from. tnx
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doctor20002(f): 6:12pm On Dec 17, 2014
any unilorin aspirant click dis link nd ask any information concerning unilorin admission processing... wish u success https://www.nairaland.com/2043020/unilorin-utme-2015-2016-aspirants#28851553
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by hijaynation(m): 7:48pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ghyft:
Uniben
woo does uniben now av d course seems it would be less competitive when did thy start taking stud plz
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by paulzerina(m): 8:01pm On Dec 17, 2014
please Dr Lomaxx i need those books you sent sometime ago. I just saw the page today. The addresses are paulzerina@gmail.com and paulzerina@yahoo.com. Thanks and may God reward u adundantly.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 17, 2014
lomaxx:

Tenisonben36@gmail.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jargo89(m): 7:41am On Dec 18, 2014
DrNadiz:

minimum of Bsc to qualify for D.E into MBBS? maximum of what? And wats all d hype abt medicine?

Dont mind my questions. Am only asking because a frnd of mine recently shocked me when he confided in me, here's d situation:

He wantd Medicine but ended wit physiology,came out with a 2'2...cldnt get D.E because of d 2'2, now doing his postgraduate studies in Public Health (MPH). but he claims he stil doesnt feel fulfilled. he wants to get back to med sch thru D.E. wch he cldnt get into because he had a 2'2. Question is, wit MPH can he b considered for D.E? sounds wierd to me. havnt hrd of any1 goin for D.E wit masters, been trying to talk him out of it and towards PhD,but dude no send. Any ideas?
Some schools e.g. OOU consider 2'2" for direct entry.. Although there is d little additional problem of indigeneship.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by hijaynation(m): 5:32pm On Dec 18, 2014
Hmmm I tried applying for jamb today hoping to choose anatomy but to my surprise they said I'm gonna write maths in jamb....I tried and tried put it was still picking maths was kinda annoyed picked dentistry tho....any anatomy stud on here did u do maths during ur jamb or is dis a new development
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 18, 2014
hijaynation:
Hmmm I tried applying for jamb today hoping to choose anatomy but to my surprise they said I'm gonna write maths in jamb....I tried and tried put it was still picking maths was kinda annoyed picked dentistry tho....any anatomy stud on here did u do maths during ur jamb or is dis a new development
maths is not a compulsory subject for anatomy. It has the same subjects combination as dentistry. Maybe its an error from the system. Just my thought though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.