Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,043 members, 7,810,858 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1824380 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kbdon(m): 3:50pm On Feb 12, 2015
Mubarak1:

Thank you IkembaCMB, I'll try my best.
God bless u for that.consistency is d key word.actually am a medical student(100 level) in usman danfodiyo.d way danfidiyo treat thier medical student is too harsh,they start withdrawing nd repeating them right from ug1.mhen is nt easy.lastly pls can u tell me more abt area of specialization?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jozeph1(m): 6:06pm On Feb 12, 2015
Kbdon:
God bless u for that.consistency is d key word.actually am a medical student(100 level) in usman danfodiyo.d way danfidiyo treat thier medical student is too harsh,they start withdrawing nd repeating them right from ug1.mhen is nt easy.lastly pls can u tell me more abt area of specialization?
chil bro you're stil @ the bottom of the foodchain in medical sch, basically you're stil in your yr1,its one step @ a time
you should be thinkin of havin a good cgpa to cross ova to your preclinicals, which you stil have loads to grab before your clinicals and your mb exams
no offence tho,but interns are the ones suppose to be asking areas of specialization
o and by the way why not GOOGLE areas of specialization, you'll be given every details
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Emmafe(m): 6:18pm On Feb 12, 2015

Great Ife! Here comes a medium where we can meet & chat, gist, pass/get updates on things going on within the campus. You can get Lecture notes from friends,get tutorial on difficult courses from those who are willing to help. HOCs, SU Excos and departments Excos can also use the medium to reach out to students on latest school developments. Fellowships (Christian & Muslim) can use this medium to create awareness on their programmes. Register now at www.oaucampus.com to feel the vibes.

Aspirants(UTME, D.E & Pre-degree) are not left out as they can get updates,enlightenment on admission and requirement and also get all question answered by stalites.

Like https://Fb.com/oaucampus
Follow https://twitter.com/oau_campus for updates.

ALUTA CONTINUA!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kbdon(m): 8:28pm On Feb 12, 2015
jozeph1:

chil bro you're stil @ the bottom of the foodchain in medical sch, basically you're stil in your yr1,its one step @ a time
you should be thinkin of havin a good cgpa to cross ova to your preclinicals, which you stil have loads to grab before your clinicals and your mb exams
no offence tho,but interns are the ones suppose to be asking areas of specialization
o and by the way why not GOOGLE areas of specialization, you'll be given every details
thanks very much for ur advice
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IkembaCMD(m): 10:42pm On Feb 12, 2015
f
Penboy:
are you truly a CMD??
cheesy

I am not, for now... I'm just a young man who wants a space in the World
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IkembaCMD(m): 10:46pm On Feb 12, 2015
Kbdon:

If you would specialize, you must scale through Medical school first as an MBBS Holder(which you are just starting, i presume) and then you go for
your Housemanship, then NYSC, then which you'll enter Residency and work your way up till you are fully established, then specialization becomes the order of the day... For now, Face your studies... squarely!

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dunsin89(m): 11:08pm On Feb 12, 2015
Nice threading..............
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:27pm On Feb 12, 2015
charleymed:
hi people it has been a while here. hope you guys are enjoying the stress? sis aluta long time, hope to hear from you soon on how you murdered step 1, we all need to be motivated#waiting.

lol...when I'm already thinking of writing step 2.
Basically, my sermon remains the same.
If the prep seems easy, then it's not step 1 you're prepping for!
it's gonna be a period of intense studying...your brain is gonna hate you at some point! You're practically stuffing your head with all of basic medicine for a 1-day exam undecided
Proper scheduling, which should be stuck to as much as possible goes a long way in helping. So, is getting the appropriate materials that suit you best. In the end, 99% of the questions and answers are in the books, the questions are not from mars! It's all about the human body cool

@lagusta, re:your diary entry;
Autoimmune diseases are fairly more common over here, I think. In my limited days at the hospital, I think I've come across 2 or 3 cases of SLE myself and 1 case of Kawasaki disease. Sometimes, I guess it's just by chance that you get to see them. However, I wouldn't say 2 cases really mean it's becoming more common. My senior colleagues tell me medicine cases come in waves.....I remember having 3 craniostomy surgeries in the space of 2 weeks when i first started my surgery rotation and I'm still hoping for another one since then lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ikevin(m): 11:29pm On Feb 12, 2015
Mehn, medical sch right here in delsu 200 L is pretty tough boy. Choking through definitely. I holla at every medics in d house, being a while. Being freaking busy.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ikevin(m): 11:36pm On Feb 12, 2015
@medics or students in unizik, a yoruba frd of mine intends picking unizik as his 1st choice for medicine, what is your take? Quota and other info needed, thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Omolojujesu: 11:41pm On Feb 12, 2015
My people, please is it possible to cross from medical rehabilitation to medicine?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:10am On Feb 13, 2015
Penboy:
are you truly a CMD??
cheesy
no mind am ooo... na one olori gbeske guy like that for my class....philosophy too much!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kbdon(m): 12:24am On Feb 13, 2015
IkembaCMD:

If you would specialize, you must scale through Medical school first as an MBBS Holder(which you are just starting, i presume) and then you go for
your Housemanship, then NYSC, then which you'll enter Residency and work your way up till you are fully established, then specialization becomes the order of the day... For now, Face your studies... squarely!
thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Aisha800(f): 2:33am On Feb 13, 2015
ikevin:
@medics or students in unizik, a yoruba frd of mine intends picking unizik as his 1st choice for medicine, what is your take? Quota and other info needed, thanks.
sorry but I don't know about there quota. all I know is if he passes there cut off mark then he is in. just tell ur friend to learn Igbo because he will do it in 100 level and he must pass it to progress to the next stage
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Aypoppin(m): 7:03am On Feb 13, 2015
Med skul na die, una try ooo
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Atogirl: 8:10am On Feb 13, 2015
Omolojujesu:
My people, please is it possible to cross from medical rehabilitation to medicine?
It depends on the school and most of the time it isnt easy.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Aypoppin(m): 8:50am On Feb 13, 2015
Didnt no medicine was a mental battle
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ese79(m): 9:11am On Feb 13, 2015
Kbdon:
ya. Am in 200level usmandonfodyo uni. As a mater of fact, 40 student were repeated back to 100level that means u guys are plus 40 nw. Its realy survival of the fitest in udus. Read very hard sir.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ese79(m): 9:12am On Feb 13, 2015
and as for areas of specialization, i wil advise, just like a poster did earlier, you focus more on whats on before you now which is how to pass very well ok.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ese79(m): 9:39am On Feb 13, 2015
Mubarak1:
Great Docs and Med Students I great u all, I sat for jamb and post utme last year I got 204points and I was giving MCB in Usman Danfodio University, Sokoto. I really want 2 study medicine that's y I defer the admission and bought Danfodio Sokoto matric(Remedial Course) form, Thank God I have been admitted, Pls what method of studying should i use and how will i make it in Matric. Docs and Docs 2 b, Please Pray help and advice me on how to achieve my goal of becoming a doctor am 18, School will commence by March.Thank U.
góodmornin bro. First of all i wil like to congratulate you for ur admisn into the remedial scul..thousands applied but only a few was shortlisted. Congrats. The lady that had the highest score last year in rems(323) happens to b my course mate nw(200l). How she reads: she reads just for like 4-5hours a day and i need not say how inteligent she is. In the penultimate year that is last 2 yearz, the guy that had the highest(304) reads minimally for 8-9hours a day..so dear, just know urself ok, read at ur own pace, read, understand and cram..gudluck bro. Hope to av u in colege nxt year
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kbdon(m): 9:41am On Feb 13, 2015
ese79:
ya. Am in 200level usmandonfodyo uni. As a mater of fact, 40 student were repeated back to 100level that means u guys are plus 40 nw. Its realy survival of the fitest in udus. Read very hard sir.
yea exactly.do u know me?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kbdon(m): 9:45am On Feb 13, 2015
ese79:
góodmornin bro. First of all i wil like to congratulate you for ur admisn into the remedial scul..thousands applied but only a few was shortlisted. Congrats. The lady that had the highest score last year in matric(323) happens to b my course mate nw(200l). How she reads: she reads just for like 4-5hours a day and i need not say how inteligent she is. In the penultimate year that is last 2 yearz, the guy that had the highest(304) reads minimally for 8-9hours a day..so dear, just know urself ok, read at ur own pace, read, understand and cram..gudluck bro. Hope to av u in colege nxt year
i scored d highest score in d jst concluded matric(330)nd they gave me medicine straight
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ese79(m): 10:01am On Feb 13, 2015
Kbdon:
i scored d highest score in d jst concluded matric(330)nd they gave me medicine straight
wow. Congrats..yours is this present set rightg? I meant the last set and last two set respectively...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kbdon(m): 10:05am On Feb 13, 2015
ese79:
wow. Congrats..yours is this present set rightg? I meant the last set and last two set respectively...
yea d newly admmited ug1
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kbdon(m): 10:07am On Feb 13, 2015
Kbdon:
yea d newly admmited ug1
will u guys come for bch in psite on tuesday?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ese79(m): 10:09am On Feb 13, 2015
Kbdon:
will u guys come for bch in psite on tuesday?
yes...9am to 5pm
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kbdon(m): 10:15am On Feb 13, 2015
ese79:
yes...9am to 5pm
lets hook up on tuesday so dat u can give me some stuffs
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ese79(m): 10:37am On Feb 13, 2015
Kbdon:
lets hook up on tuesday so dat u can give me some stuffs
see this guy. U ar stuffier na. Kindly Give me a call that tuesday 08166246807
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mubarak1(m): 10:40am On Feb 13, 2015
ese79:
góodmornin bro. First of all i wil like to congratulate you for ur admisn into the remedial scul..thousands applied but only a few was shortlisted. Congrats. The lady that had the highest score last year in rems(323) happens to b my course mate nw(200l). How she reads: she reads just for like 4-5hours a day and i need not say how inteligent she is. In the penultimate year that is last 2 yearz, the guy that had the highest(304) reads minimally for 8-9hours a day..so dear, just know urself ok, read at ur own pace, read, understand and cram..gudluck bro. Hope to av u in colege nxt year
Thank You my mentor I'm really inspired, By God grace I'll be myself and works hard..... I wish u success in college. And wish myself same in rem. studies. Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by waifeyuk(m): 11:02am On Feb 13, 2015
Hello my esteemed medical students and colleagues.I jst discovered dis thread recently and I must say am highly impressed with all ur comments n posts on here.Its been very educative.Also thnks to d op of this great thread.U have a sound head on those shoulders.Keep up the good work. Pls I jst hav a question.I am a Med Officer prepping for OnG primaries later this year.I hav tried to find n get in touch wiff anyone towiing that same specialty so we can share ideas n reading materials.etc but it has been difficult.so please can any1 here help me wiff where or how to get update materials esp(2014) and past questions to help me wiff my preps?thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IkembaCMD(m): 11:12am On Feb 13, 2015
DrHesjay:
no mind am ooo... na one olori gbeske guy like that for my class....philosophy too much!!!!

Hesjay, park well
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kbdon(m): 11:22am On Feb 13, 2015
ese79:
see this guy. U ar stuffier na. Kindly Give me a call that tuesday 08166246807
lol haba u na my oga.no p i go hala u

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.