Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (435) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1823965 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by chike1147: 9:05pm On Mar 24, 2017
guys please what did uniben cut last year in any medical courses

medlab
medrehab
optometry
med surgery etc

and please a friend what to apply pharmacy delsu plz can somebody estimate their school fees for me
thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by iaamxavier(m): 11:21pm On Mar 24, 2017
hello medics in the house I wanna ask is it possible for a medical lab scientist own and run a private hospital (not doing a doctors job)

cc lagusta
milex
dearpiriye
ximinez and others

pls reply thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by nelszx: 11:09am On Mar 25, 2017
iaamxavier:
hello medics in the house I wanna ask is it possible for a medical lab scientist own and run a private hospital (not doing a doctors job)

cc lagusta
milex
dearpiriye
ximinez and others

pls reply thanks
Yes if you have the financial power to, you can OWN one but for you to RUN one, you must have the right professionals doing their respective jobs (doctor for clinical services, nurses, pharmacists and yourself/any other MLS) without any overlap of function.

These days strong businessmen run private clinics and hospitals as the case may be. Even an airforce official owns one
https://www.nairaland.com/3692379/efcc-hands-over-amosus-2.15m

provided you use the right personnel in running it without imposing yourself on them

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by faithugo64(f): 11:48am On Mar 25, 2017
Hollex01:
I am a 100L nursing student in uniosun ,I am offering all the five science subjects in my 100L.
Which subjects will I be offering in 200L and other years to come?
Hello, am gona answer you based on my school (unizik)
From 200l you gona be taking

Anatomy (gross,histology,embryology)
Physiology
Biochemistry
Nursing science
Sociology

NB: Your school may not offer sociology
Just get ready for anatomy, physiology, biochemistry and nursing science!

300l - gross anatomy (head and neck),neuroanatomy,sys histology
Pharmacology, medsurg, martenal $ child health, other nursing courses

400l - Advanced med$surgical nursing,other nursing courses, pre nursing council $ nursing council exams then you go for SIWES (second semester)

500l - nursing courses + elective (theatre or pediatric nursing)
pre midwifery $ midwifery exams, degree exam
Public health exam

Best of luck!

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by emperor272(m): 1:34pm On Mar 25, 2017
medics in the house i really need your advice ,I am thinking of putting ui or unilag for dentistry with 2 B3 and 3 c4 in my five combo... please should I risk ui or put unilag ,but I heard dart unilag is not transparent that you will have to do some runz financially before u can be admitted...please really need ur advice
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kingexcellence(m): 2:25pm On Mar 25, 2017
Hi
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Jerrypolo(m): 3:22pm On Mar 25, 2017
Good day ladies and gentlemen. I am an aspirant. MBBS to be precise. I had my waec result in one sitting tho all C's. Seeing the way things are going i decided to rewrite waec this year to boost my grade. I also bought jamb form buh my problem now is which university i should put in my form. Last year i chose Delsu and when they(Delta state university)did their screening waec result was out then,so i am afraid of putting it again this year. Guys pls suggest any university u knw that did their screening after the release of WAEC result or any uni that screening based on JAMB only or suggest what u feel i should do,i really need to go to school this year am not getting any younger. Thanks y'll. I await ur replies
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 25, 2017
University of Ibadan
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 5:29pm On Mar 25, 2017
University of Lagos
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Jerrypolo(m): 8:51pm On Mar 25, 2017
derrick015:
University of Ibadan
Jerrypolo:
Good day ladies and gentlemen. I am an aspirant. MBBS to be precise. I had my waec result in one sitting tho all C's. Seeing the way things are going i decided to rewrite waec this year to boost my grade. I also bought jamb form buh my problem now is which university i should put in my form. Last year i chose Delsu and when they(Delta state university)did their screening waec result was out then,so i am afraid of putting it again this year. Guys pls suggest any university u knw that did their screening after the release of WAEC result or any uni that screening based on JAMB only or suggest what u feel i should do,i really need to go to school this year am not getting any younger. Thanks y'll. I await ur replies
derrick015:
University of Ibadan
are u guys referring to my post?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Oxlade27: 10:04pm On Mar 25, 2017
Canavaro2077:
This are list of fully and partially accredited COM

A. MEDICAL SCHOOLS - FULLY ACCREDITED
S/No Name of Institution Quota
1 College of Health Sciences, Abia State University Uturu, Abia State. 75
2 College of Health Sciences, University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom. 50
3. College of Health Sciences, Nnamdi Azikiwe University Nnewi, Anambra State. 100
4 College of Medical Sciences, University of Maiduguri, Borno State. 150
5 College of Medical Sciences, University of Calabar, Cross - Rivers State. 100
6 College of Health Sciences, Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State. 50
7 College of Health Sciences, Ebonyi State University Abakaliki, Ebonyi State. 100
8 College of Medical Sciences, University of Benin, Benin-City, Edo State. 100
9. College of Health Sciences, Igbinedion University Okada, Edo State. 50
10. College of Medicine, Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, Edo State. 50
11. College of Medicine, University of Nigeria Enugu Campus, Enugu State. 150
12. College of Medicine, Enugu State University of Science & Technology, Enugu, Enugu State. 50
13. College of Medicine, Imo State University Owerri, Imo State. 50
14. Faculty of Medicine, Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, Kaduna State. 120
15. Faculty of Medicine, Bayero University Kano, Kano State. 150
16. College of Medicine, University of Ilorin, Kwara State. 150
17. College of Medicine, University of Lagos, Idi-Araba, Lagos State. 150
18. College of Medicine, Lagos State University Ikeja, Lagos State.
Obafemi Awolowo College of Health Sciences, Olabisi Onabanjo University Ago Iwoye, Ogun Sate.
20. College of Health Sciences, Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife, Osun State.
21. College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Oyo State. 180
22. Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Jos, Plateau State. 150
23. College of Health Sciences, Madonna University Elele, Rivers State. 50
24. College of Health Sciences, University of Port- Harcourt, Rivers State. 130
25. College of Health Sciences, Usmanu Danfodio University Sokoto, Sokoto State. 100
College of Health Sciences, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso, Osun State.
27 College of Health Sciences, Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State. 50
28 College of Health Sciences, Bingham University Karu, Nasarawa State. 50
29 College of Health Sciences, Benue State University Makurdi, Benue State 50
30 College of Medical Sciences, Anambra State University Uli, Anambra State 50
31 College of Health Sciences, Bowen University IWO, Osun State 50
ii) PARTIALLY ACCREDITED MEDICAL SCHOOLS
S/NO NAME QUOTA
1. COHS., Babcock University Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State 50.
2. College of Health Sciences, University ofAbuja 50.
3. College of Health Sciences, Afe Babalola University Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State 50.
4. College of Medicine, Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti 50.
5. College of Medical Sciences, Gombe State University 50.
6. Faculty of Medicine, Kaduna State University,
watchout for eksu college of medicine full accreditation..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 7:49am On Mar 26, 2017
Jerrypolo:
Last year isn't this year bro, things could change, many schools who didn't use O'levels could decide to use it. Anyway to your question, you didn't specify if you needed a federal or state uni, bearing in mind that both have different level of difficulty getting in

The following schools did their screening after Waec came out, some allowed students with A/R to upload theirs after the results came out

Unn: Waec & utme
Unizik: utme only
Uniport: utme only
Ndu: utme only

This are the ones I know cus I was following updates on the schools. For more info, you could Google the school of your choice and find out when their screening was announced and the method used

Goodluck!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Oogway: 8:45am On Mar 26, 2017
Kingexcellence:

Attention please,
I have removed this post as advised by moderators. Any quote made fro it should henceforth. thanks.

Oga, I would really love to see proof in respect to your deleted post about me being a fraud and killing your dreams. thank you.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Oogway: 8:57am On Mar 26, 2017
xlow:

I really wish I had the time to go through his other post from other threads and grab..
Unfortunately I can't..have better things to do..from where he sells iphone, to where he sells slots for med stud seeking to take plab and usmle to the most trending one to me, where he studied at uni-ibadan.(Omg)
I couldn't help buh laugh wen I saw those stuffs. To me, it would be immature to grab and post em here knowing it would embarras him.. Just the way he did mine which in no way affected me coz am a fresher who just took a final lift out of jamb frm 2016.
U can spare time to check and feed ur eyes..

Oga, seems you just enjoy seeking my attention. I have told you before to show me an article where I said I schooled in UI you still couldn't.
2ndly, there's nothing wrong in selling my Iphone 6 as I have an Iphone7 if you have a problem with that then what can I say.
I would also like to see where I said I sell slots for Plab or Usmle. I told u I have written USMLE done it and dusted it and u asked for my reg number and I told u what to do, something u are yet to.
Rather than tell lies all over nairaland you should rather be preparing for JAMB for admission you are yet to get. if u still in doubt I would refer you to past articles were you admitted to still being a JAMBITE.
As for the issue of Unical's accreditation for medicine, I would refer you to MDCN website to browse through the list of fully accredited universities for medicine. This would be the last time I will respond to any of your quotes as it is a total waste of time. unless ofcourse you show me proof of your above claims. have a nice day Sir

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IFEZINX1(m): 9:09am On Mar 26, 2017
Donpre:

Last year isn't this year bro, things could change, many schools who didn't use O'levels could decide to use it. Anyway to your question, you didn't specify if you needed a federal or state uni, bearing in mind that both have different level of difficulty getting in

The following schools did their screening after Waec came out, some allowed students with A/R to upload theirs after the results came out

This are the ones I know cus I was following updates on the schools. For more info, you could Google the school of your choice and find out when their screening was announced and the method used

Goodluck!
How did u knw Unizik used only Jamb result?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 9:27am On Mar 26, 2017
IFEZINX1:

How did u knw Unizik used only Jamb result?
heard some people say their admission status changed to admitted hours after they edited their o'levels... that would insinuate they already made the list, they just had to correct their o'level details

could be wrong tho... feel free to correct, you should know better
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TRAILBLAIZER: 9:45am On Mar 26, 2017
Hi medics pliz i nid ur help i a registrred for my 2017 jamb nd i chose unilllorin for medicine
Irrespective of ma jamb score i will lyk to go under d following departments plz can some one tell me their average jamb cut off
Medicine
Nursing
Phaemacy
Medical lab sciences

Plz i really need an answer
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IFEZINX1(m): 10:18am On Mar 26, 2017
Donpre:

heard some people say their admission status changed to admitted hours after they edited their o'levels... that would insinuate they already made the list, they just had to correct their o'level details

could be wrong tho... feel free to correct, you should know better

I was jst asking tho cos it wasn't clear the method used...Abt the O-level issue,people had already filled their results bt the database of the school went bad or smting lyk dat xo they asked them to refill...the school even withdrew some admissions cos of O_level discrepancies.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kingexcellence(m): 10:18am On Mar 26, 2017
Xupp
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 10:42am On Mar 26, 2017
amulet:
hello medics in the house pls I intend writing jamb diz year Nd my school of choice is unijos pls any unijos medical student should pls reply ..... God bless
Yes I'm one.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 11:02am On Mar 26, 2017
Oogway:

Oga, seems you just enjoy seeking my attention. I have told you before to show me an article where I said I schooled in UI you still couldn't.
2ndly, there's nothing wrong in selling my Iphone 6 as I have an Iphone7 if you have a problem with that then what can I say.
I would also like to see where I said I sell slots for Plab or Usmle. I told u I have written USMLE done it and dusted it and u asked for my reg number and I told u what to do, something u are yet to.
Rather than tell lies all over nairaland you should rather be preparing for JAMB for admission you are yet to get. if u still in doubt I would refer you to past articles were you admitted to still being a JAMBITE.
As for the issue of Unical's accreditation for medicine, I would refer you to MDCN website to browse through the list of fully accredited universities for medicine. This would be the last time I will respond to any of your quotes as it is a total waste of time. unless ofcourse you show me proof of your above claims. have a nice day Sir
I don't like mincing words, but your comment about USMLE caught my attention. Please can shed more light on what you meant by, "done and dusted'?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by castrokiller(m): 11:04am On Mar 26, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/3704873/utme-jambites-come-here-lets. Let's get prepared with this utme questions and answer thread
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Jerrypolo(m): 12:07pm On Mar 26, 2017
Donpre:

Goodluck!
Thanks bro. GOD bless
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mycareer(m): 2:21pm On Mar 26, 2017
I am a graduate of Biochemistry and I want to purchase DE form. I just need answers to the following questions.
1) Does uniben allow DE for Medicine and Pharmacy?
2) Which school admits DE applicants with 2.1 in Biochemistry into Medicine or Pharmacy without entry examination?
3) How true is that medicine and Pharmacy runs for same number of 6 years as a UTME-admitted student in Uniben?
Thank you!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IamLukas(m): 2:55pm On Mar 26, 2017
mycareer:
I am a graduate of Biochemistry and I want to purchase DE form. I just need answers to the following questions.
1) Does uniben allow DE for Medicine and Pharmacy?
2) Which school admits DE applicants with 2.1 in Biochemistry into Medicine or Pharmacy without entry examination?
3) How true is that medicine and Pharmacy runs for same number of 6 years as a UTME-admitted student in Uniben?
Thank you!
yes to your first question, UniBen sets entrance exams for her DE candidates, yes to your last question too as Pharmacy is 6years in UniBen where they award PharmD
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IamLukas(m): 2:57pm On Mar 26, 2017
Oogway:

Oga, I would really love to see proof in respect to your deleted post about me being a fraud and killing your dreams. thank you.
I sent you a mail sir.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mycareer(m): 6:22pm On Mar 26, 2017
IamLukas:
yes to your first question, UniBen sets entrance exams for her DE candidates, yes to your last question too as Pharmacy is 6years in UniBen where they award PharmD
Thank you! Please are you a medical student in Uniben?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 26, 2017
Oogway:

Walahi, I no get MB to waste. to browse and scoop out all ur dubious post. I get exam to write soon..Lol.. Bro, even if I agreed to be a Jambite on a social platform.. Does that really imply am a jambite. (and I remembered vividly, it was donpre who asked me how I knew stuffs about unizik, if I were a student, and out of being silly, I told her I was an aspirant..y am I even xplaining myself to this wog).. What do u use ur brain for? Or did I post anywhere that affter the 2016 screening, I wasn't given medicine?.. Plss if I did... Show me...
I noticed that's where ur strenght lies, thinking u re gettin at me by equating Xlow and Jamb!!!lol..The only thing I did was being anxious and finding co-mates who had same 282 jamb score and 3c's, 2 b's in one sitting to share same fate..and I think that ws wen I asked dalyjay who said he had 281 and applied UI, how his school of choice conducted theirs, wheras I applied ahmadu bello at the point of the school conducting screening and admission process.
Kai, I still doubt u being in medicine anyway.
To those uve scammed.. Am just so sorry 4 them. No wonder u asked me to email u wen I talked about usmle.
Lol!! It shouldn hurt u that am nw a medic.
Or mayb coz I dindnt comebk to shout halleluyha as others do...
Okk Oogway.. Hallelujah i'v been given admission. Loools.
#mumu. grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 26, 2017
charleymed:
I don't like mincing words, but your comment about USMLE caught my attention. Please can shed more light on what you meant by, "done and dusted'?
Lol... Help me ask am Ooo
Done and dusted and my guy is still in IKOM.
Dr Oogway Dr Oogway.
U never see yearOne wey sabi disturb yet. grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 26, 2017
Kingexcellence:

A REJOINDER ON OOGWAY'S NEFARIOUS AND DUBIOUS ACTS
It was Amilcar Cabri who stated and I quote, 'when silence is no more golden, tell no lies, claim no easy victories, tell it to the people the way it is'. I, out of deep concerns for unsuspecting and naive victims, am compelled to issue a rejoinder to my earlier post about the character of a self-acclaimed doctor with monicker 'Oogway'. Maybe Mr Oogway thought I am a newbie who can easily be manipulated. To those who have been following my posts lately, you must have been wondering what has prompted my verbiage. Well, you need not go too far. Let me lay it bare here. Mr Oogway is the only doctor who wrote PLAB in Nigeria. If he remembered that we are in a computer age where almost anything can be verified, he would have tempered his lies with rationality. Mr Oogway promised to pay my JAMB fee-what is more, his dad is the Accountant-General, mum is a Director and all family members are in UK. I find it difficult to understand why he can't cough out just 7000 when he wasn't made to promise at gun point. A house officer-what a pathological liar. Doctors, you wouldn't believe it that Oogway delayed the purchase of my form till Friday last week only to disappear from whatsapp and refuse my calls thereafter. All he is doing now is damage control, no one should fall for it. Remember the words of Martin Niemoller 'first, they came for the socialists, but I did not speak out, for I was not a socialist, then they came for the Jews but I did not speak out for I was not a Jew. Then they came for me, but there was no one left to speak for me'. Let us all fish out the impostor. It was Xlow before, now it is Kingexcellence, it could be anyone tomorrow. #exposeOogwaynow #mendaciousdoctor.
when he wasn't made to promise at "gun point"
Omg.. Ogah, u dey give me Joy!!
Whedone sir! grin

Oogway, I put it to u that NairaLand is not a good place for ur dubious business and lies anymore..street cannot take over here Oo!! Can u plss relocate to NairaBet?? #in Falz Voice. grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IamLukas(m): 9:25pm On Mar 26, 2017
mycareer:

Thank you! Please are you a medical student in Uniben?
No,am not but my elder bro got in through the first mode you asked.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kingexcellence(m): 10:48pm On Mar 26, 2017
xlow:

when he wasn't made to promise at "gun point"
Omg.. Ogah, u dey give me Joy!!
Whedone sir! grin

Oogway, I put it to u that NairaLand is not a good place for ur dubious business and lies anymore..street cannot take over here Oo!! Can u plss relocate to NairaBet?? #in Falz Voice. grin
By a fair preponderance of credible evidences available to me I dare say that Oogway is a serial and unrepentant liar-qualities of a first class fraudster. Step 3 of USMLE can only be completed after the end of one's residency in USA. If my chat with him is anything to go by, Mr Oogway wrote PLAB just last week in Nigeria-probably in Calabar and will proceed to Manchester to write the finals. Professional and Linguistics Examination Board PLAB tests do not have steps. Oogway's lies don't add up. I find it difficult to reconcile most of his bogus assertions. You claim to be very rich and yet you have to sell off a phone to buy a new one. IamLukas, watch your back, fraud is not beyond Oogway. PM sent to him is dangerous at this point. He has sought to swindle before, he will do it again. Thank God for myself and Xlow. If anyone needs any information at all, google-search it or ask just anybody but Oogway. #scammer busted

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.