Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (495) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1833279 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by raybod97(m): 3:42pm On Dec 09, 2017
unilorin stalite, pls i want to ask for the better hosteĺ for medical student, is it school hostel or off campus. if school hostel and peradventure am unable to get school hostel cos i was told they are not enough , which area would u recommend for a fresher for easy access to school?pls help by answering.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dolapo74: 6:33pm On Dec 09, 2017
TONYE001:

Human Physiology isn't far from Medicine; it's a very important component of Medicine. Basically, it is the study of the normal functioning of the human body.

My advice is that you should take the offer and give it your very best. While at it, you can try JAMB again but please, DO NOT LEAVE PHYSIOLOGY until you have your admission letter for Medicine in your hand.

I got into the medical school via DE with the help of my degree in Physiology. When I got the admission to study Physiology (about 9 years ago), I almost turned it down. Today, I'm not regretting.

Best of luck.

NB: Please note that if you want to go back to Medicine after Physiology, your target CGPA shouldn't be less than a second class upper. That is, in all of your exams, you should have more A's and B's and less C's...

Thank you.
What is the name of your school?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sk2p(m): 7:42pm On Dec 09, 2017
Any latest news?

Which school can a Bsc biochemistry 3.49 apply to for med lab or pharmacy.

Please seniors advice
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IRWSBE: 8:14pm On Dec 09, 2017
Good evening.

Please, how feasible it is for me to secure transfer to continue my medical education at Unilorin from 400 level for I have sat for the 2nd MB professional exam in the institution I am schooling.

Over to you, senior medics in College of Health Sciences, University of Ilorin.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by raybod97(m): 8:37pm On Dec 09, 2017
raybod97:
unilorin stalite, pls i want to ask for the better hosteĺ for medical student, is it school hostel or off campus. if school hostel and peradventure am unable to get school hostel cos i was told they are not enough , which area would u recommend for a fresher for easy access to school?pls help by answering.
some1 should pls attend.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by cisca2001(f): 8:46pm On Dec 09, 2017
izzyboi:

I'm a medical aspirant who has just been admitted into Unilorin, what's d name of your school

Ambrose alli university

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by izzyboi(m): 8:48pm On Dec 09, 2017
cisca2001:

Ambrose alli university
OK
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by cisca2001(f): 8:51pm On Dec 09, 2017
GideonOmach:

well, you do normal science courses in year one - physics, chemistry, English, maths and biology... Although there may be exceptions to some school but this is generally the pattern for most schools.

Thanks for the info
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by hagiosfemi(m): 9:59pm On Dec 09, 2017
You Will Put a polythene bag on his face, he wil breathe in co2 to elicit acidosis, hence, calcium is displaced from protein.
[quote author=Drguzzykola post=62991778]
Congrat bro..

hmm, this kind question sha,
lemme try.. cool

patient develop alkalosis due to hypocalcemia,
first is how will I know he suffers from hypocalcemia in a bus,

1. patient start to develop signs and symptoms like flapping of hand(flexing of metacapophalangeal joint and d wrist joint , extension of interphalangeal joint)
2. inspiration during breath gives some sound @larygospasm
due to low calcium leading neurologycal defect
if hypocalcemia is taken care of , his PH goes back to normal and alkalosis is solved.

solving hypocalcemia

Causes...

1. Patient has hypoparathyroidism thus lacking P.T.Hormone making him unable to absorb dietary calcium in G.I .T, Bone
how to increase this( I cover face , I no know am as i never do pharmacology)
2. vitamin D is not longer manufactured coming from d skin d

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by daboo(m): 11:22pm On Dec 09, 2017
r u on whatsapp

yes... we already had a group chat for d newly admitted mbbs student hi Me on 07063144631
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Pascal679: 10:55am On Dec 10, 2017
MrEgghead:
I'm sure you saw this on myschool website. Someone gave a good point there and he was reproached. If I were your friend, I wouldn't advice you to pick that school but In some situations, one might to obliged to take.
risk.
It's only on rare occasions you See pioneer medical students in Nigeria varsities graduate at the stipulated time if there's any.
This is why it's highly advisable to make proper research.Uniabuja and Eksu medical students are lamenting right now and so on
I'm not in any way trying to discourage but think about it if you can take risk.
If you can withstand the pressure of studying medicine for ten to twelve years, Make sure you apply.
Great men of today are great risk takers.

but funai is accredited
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 10, 2017
Maravel:
English.. .b3 Physics.. .b3 Biology.. .b3 Chemistry..b2 Maths.. .c6 Jamb score 282 From cross River state Please senior friends what are my chances of medicine in unical
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 10, 2017
Maravel:
English.. .b3
Physics.. .b3
Biology.. .b3
Chemistry..b2
Maths.. .c6
Jamb score 282
From cross River state
Please senior friends what are my chances of medicine in unical
my bro how did you read to attend this kind of score?

i was offered biochem(score:265) last 2 yrs after trying medicine severally. When i finish here, i will try medicine again !
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by esivue007(m): 9:04am On Dec 11, 2017
daboo:
r u on whatsapp

yes... we already had a group chat for d newly admitted mbbs student hi Me on 07063144631
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by esivue007(m): 9:29am On Dec 11, 2017
hello fellow dudes,I'm a newly admitted Bch student of Lagos state university,
actually,I put in for MBBS but l later did Change of course cuz of my grade so I was lucky to be included in d first list.
right now I'm thinking about crossing but I realise that in lasu d method is no-go area so after 4 yrs I will go back to study MBBS via DE
my question now is that,can I snub NYSC programme, for me to quickly go back to medical school or what
or lemme put it like this,what are your advise for me immediately after 4yrs?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Infamous(m): 10:56am On Dec 11, 2017
esivue007:
actually,I put in for MBBS but l later did Change of course cuz of my grade so I was lucky to be included in d first list.
right now I'm thinking about crossing but I realise that in lasu d method is no-go area so after 4 yrs I will go back to study MBBS via DE
my question now is that,can I snub NYSC programme, for me to quickly go back to medical school or what
I am not sure that you can get mbbs through direct entry without having served Nigeria. Most schools require your NYSC discharge certificate before your application for direct entry is even considered.
My advice is that you keep writing jamb and take the course you're studying seriously.
Remember, most schools require a minimum of 2.1 from direct entry applicants.
Good luck
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by haroldlewis2: 12:41pm On Dec 11, 2017
It's extremely refreshing to have such educational post this way. As somebody require then it will be useful all things considered to get information.buy best academic writing services
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by laryom1(m): 10:16pm On Dec 11, 2017
raybod97:

If the school hostel doesn't work out,

There are private boys hostel in school.
If that doesn't work out too, accommodation near the school gate (Oke Odo) is preferable. Less noise compared to core Oke Ode or Tanke area
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by laryom1(m): 10:18pm On Dec 11, 2017
IRWSBE:
Good evening.

Please, how feasible it is for me to secure transfer to continue my medical education at Unilorin from 400 level for I have sat for the 2nd MB professional exam in the institution I am schooling.

Over to you, senior medics in College of Health Sciences, University of Ilorin.

That doesn't work in Unilorin. If the inter-University transfer works out eventually, you'll start from 200l.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Brukx(m): 10:20pm On Dec 11, 2017
Infamous:

I am not sure that you can get mbbs through direct entry without having served Nigeria. Most schools require your NYSC discharge certificate before your application for direct entry is even considered.
My advice is that you keep writing jamb and take the course you're studying seriously.
Good luck
I doubt NYSC is a criteria for DE. After all those with A level cert don't have NYSC experience
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Brukx(m): 10:29pm On Dec 11, 2017
esivue007:
When you are done with BCH take Jamb. That's my advice. This DE of a thing doesn't freak me. I don't like it. Most schools would prefare their own Jupeb candidates or their own B.Sc holders before they consider outsiders. Unless u plan on doing the DE in same school u finish BCH. But let me say the truth it won't be easy. You will see so many colleagues who will try discouraging you. They will try convincing u how meaningless it is to go for MBBS after a B.Sc. Its not an easy journey. So much can change in four years.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Infamous(m): 6:52am On Dec 12, 2017
Brukx:

I doubt NYSC is a criteria for DE. After all those with A level cert don't have NYSC experience
I haven't seen people that have a-level certificate being admitted to study medicine. have you?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Infamous(m): 7:02am On Dec 12, 2017
Brukx:

When you are done with BCH take Jamb. That's my advice. This DE of a thing doesn't freak me. I don't like it. Most schools would prefare their own Jupeb candidates or their own B.Sc holders before they consider outsiders. Unless u plan on doing the DE in same school u finish BCH. But let me say the truth it won't be easy. You will see so many colleagues who will try discouraging you. They will try convincing u how meaningless it is to go for MBBS after a B.Sc. Its not an easy journey. So much can change in four years.
Truer words haven't been written. This has a lot of experience embedded in it. Care to share your story with us? We can learn more.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Protein0: 7:11am On Dec 12, 2017
Infamous:

I haven't seen people that have a-level certificate being admitted to study medicine. have you?
Yes, I know some
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Protein0: 7:15am On Dec 12, 2017
Infamous:

Good luck
NYSC isn't a criteria for DE.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Maravel(m): 9:39am On Dec 12, 2017
[quote author=JESUSBOIY post=63168636] my bro how did you read to attend this kind of score?

i was offered biochem(score:265) last 2 yrs after trying medicine severally. When i finish here, i will try medicine again ![/quote
Its God's grace oo
I only did mah best and left the rest For God
I have been offered d course already!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by abasadorofgrace(m): 9:46am On Dec 12, 2017
good day all, i am currently in 200l(new set) in AAU MBBS, but i am thinking of writing jamb again next year not because of academic issue. i want to go to a school that have a faster academic calender, i think of applying for UNN , because a UNIBEN MED STUDENT told me UNN are faster than UNIBEN. i just want ur help to know if UNN is truely faster, and apart from UNILORIN , wat other school is faster t , at least 7yrs maximum

thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by esivue007(m): 2:46pm On Dec 12, 2017
Brukx:

that's just it dude things can change so much four years after.....I'm even thinking on maybe if I can't go for MBBS again cuz of age,which area (best)can I specialize in to during my masters program?cuz I'm may do that immediately after bsc or Nysc or what is d best area I can specialize into during my masters program in biochemistry. I realize dat clinical biochemistry are very inferior in naija labour market so
I'm thinking about venturing in to pharm,is it possible or what you own suggestion?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by esivue007(m): 2:51pm On Dec 12, 2017
Brukx:

so are you sure Nysc isn't a criteria for DE?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by esivue007(m): 2:52pm On Dec 12, 2017
Protein0:
so immediately now I can do my DE and go back to
lasucom,huh?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Protein0: 6:04pm On Dec 12, 2017
esivue007:
so immediately now I can do my DE and go back to
lasucom,huh?
Yes, if your transcript is ready
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Infamous(m): 6:46pm On Dec 12, 2017
Protein0:
OK

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.