Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (533) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1823189 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Sureshegsy(m): 6:18pm On Jun 22, 2018
RoastedCorn:
Hello,

In the rush of entering 200level and getting medical textbooks I bought keith Moore, I had only read humerus in upper limb and could not remember most things. When I tried reading a textbook written just like chaurasia (textbook of anatomy by vishram sighn) I found out I could grab more things with smaller effort in reading and very little revision. I dashed my textbook out to a fellow classmate who wants the Keith Moore and continued reading the chaurasia like textbooks with small small class notes to confirm figures (stuffs like what you lecturer says on "how many ossifications centers does so so so bones have and what the textbook says about it. Cos they might be different since vishram is an Indian textbook).

The thing about Indian textbooks is that it is very student friendly, perfectly arranged for easy assimilations and contains mnemonics for you to learn things better (things like " girl between two surgeons", "lady between two majors", " Lucknow medical college, medical college Lucknow etc). I must also admit it has many stuffs you don't need, hence the need for your note as a guide.

Guyton has a lot of hyperstuff in it, so just read sembulingam and your class note but if you aim to have a distinction read guyton.

MN Charttajea is very good for biochemistry.

Saddler and BRS is good for embryology.

In medical school read when you should read, play too, do extracurricular stuffs to develop yourself, its what would keep you sane and most importantly read smartly.

My BDS part1A results was out today and I passed Anatomy, physiology and biochemistry without reading everything

Goodluck.
Thanks boss

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:08am On Jun 23, 2018
RoastedCorn:
yes but most times they'd admit above it a little depending on the school. Like in LASU I think the last admission was around 15 students or so. But in UNIBEN where I school it is 25 every year. Like we're 25 in my class that was admitted in 100 level
what of those who seek admission by DE cause I'm currently running a Jupeb programme
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by 2lola: 10:22am On Jun 24, 2018
kinfly pls check this house it really concern para medics and medics https://www.nairaland.com/4576937/medical-team

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by justhenrii(m): 11:44am On Jun 24, 2018
h
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Qassy4all: 1:10pm On Jun 24, 2018
UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN
COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
OFFICE OF THE PROVOST

REPORT FROM PROVOST TO THE COLLEGE COMMUNITY

MEETING OF SOME DEANS OF POSTGRADUATE SCHOOLS AND PROVOSTS OF COLLEGES OF MEDICINE OF NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES WITH EXECUTIVE SECRETARY, NATIONAL UNIVERSITIES COMMISSION ON 6TH JUNE, 2018

Summary of outcomes of the meeting are as follows: 

Ph.D Degree Programmes for Medical Lecturers

That doctorate and degree for medical lecturers will follow four routes.

Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Dental Science (DDS) Degrees for which the University of Ibadan was accepted as the National Format (i.e. 3 years post MBBS/BDS).

A waiver was agreed for doctors in residency training wishing to undertake a Ph.D whereby the Part I Fellowship will be accepted for Ph.D programme in lieu of MSc.

For Medical Lecturers in basic sciences, either M.Sc./PhD or MD/DDS route.

For doctors with full Fellowship, they can apply for Ph.D by publication.

The Draft PG Medicine and Dentistry BMAS document

This document was approved in principle pending the inclusion of the MD/DDS degree programme format.

National Postgraduate University of Medical Sciences

This was stepped down for further consultations. 

Any Other Matter

The Executive Secretary, National Universities Commission (NUC) announced that NUC would be adopting the Prioritized Teaching and Learning Philosophy of the 2010 MBBS and 2013 BDS curricula of the University of Ibadan.  In this vein, the National Universities Commission’s benchmark would be developed for all undergraduate courses using the Must know/must know to pass; Should know/should know to pass; and May know/may know to pass format first espoused by the curricula mentioned above.

I therefore congratulate the College of Medicine and the entire University Community on this recognition of the University of Ibadan’s continued leading role in the formulation of both postgraduate and undergraduate trainings in our country.

Signed

E. Oluwabunmi Olapade-Olaopa Esq., FAS
Professor & Provost

Copied
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RoastedCorn(m): 9:59pm On Jun 27, 2018
rotimi9:
what of those who seek admission by DE cause I'm currently running a Jupeb programme
that would be best answered by someone in LASU . .. Check lasumsa on IG and send a dm
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by BiafranDel: 10:01pm On Jun 28, 2018
alfseth:
thanks man the problem is that i scored 293 last year and i wasn't given back then i filled uniben, so this year i had to work to save for my school and it affected me badly i just want to know if AAU can work out if i put in my very best in putme
sorry bro what was your total aggregate last year for uniben? 293 jamb? that means your post utme was low
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by justhenrii(m): 3:19am On Jul 01, 2018
Drtega:
Good morning fellow medics
A whatsapp group has been created for all medical students especially 200l-300l to share knowledge and useful materials as regards the medical field!!..

to join, quote me with your number or add the number below
thanks!!

hi am interested
+2348183695470
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jonnyrichie(m): 12:25pm On Jul 01, 2018
08139673043,,please add
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by drviktor99: 1:44pm On Jul 01, 2018
Drtega:
A whatsapp group has been created for all medical students especially 200l-300l to share knowledge and useful materials as regards the medical field!!..

thanks!!

please add me up 09034434220
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 01, 2018
I love this thread

I applied for medicine and surgery in OAU,had 269,don't know if I can still make it with DAT score.

Can a med student or any one with experiences with regards OAU post utme refer some textbooks that can be of help to me?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 01, 2018
I scored 253. Am I safe?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Orezy5(m): 10:35pm On Jul 01, 2018
Unseriousboy:
I love this thread

I applied for medicine and surgery in OAU,had 269,don't know if I can still make it with DAT score.

Can a med student or any one with experiences with regards OAU post utme refer some textbooks that can be of help to me?

Hi
I also applied for Medicine and Surgery @ OAU...
You have a good chance with your UTME score, if you prepare hard for the post UTME

Concerning textbooks, I'll say you should try to get Lamlad textbooks on Physics and Chemistry..

If possible, try to lay your hands on oau's predegree notes and past questions, cos the lecturers tend to lift questions from there..

Good luck

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jossyjoel16: 1:26am On Jul 02, 2018
Drtega:

thanks!!

please add me up 08183691960
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 02, 2018
Orezy5:

Hi
I also applied for Medicine and Surgery @ OAU...
You have a good chance with your UTME score, if you prepare hard for the post UTME

Concerning textbooks, I'll say you should try to get Lamlad textbooks on Physics and Chemistry..

If possible, try to lay your hands on oau's predegree notes and past questions, cos the lecturers tend to lift questions from there..

Good luck

Thanks,I appreciate
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 02, 2018
BiafranDel:
sorry bro what was your total aggregate last year for uniben? 293 jamb? that means your post utme was low
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by profolaafe(m): 6:06pm On Jul 02, 2018
Unseriousboy:
I love this thread

Orezy has said it all
Prepare so hard like never to stand a chance considering the high scores this year.
Try to get OAU Post Utme past question pack also.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sirseg(m): 6:57pm On Jul 02, 2018
Unseriousboy:
I love this thread

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sirseg(m): 7:12pm On Jul 02, 2018
[quote author=sirseg post=69024210][/quote]i'm an aspirant of the aforementioned school with a jamb score of 295+.I applied for medicine also..

your jamb score is okay but post jamb determines a lot..I have a friend who had below wat u scored in jamb last year but he performed brilliantly in his post jamb ,he's in OAU medical school now nd is doing well...

for ur post jamb prep.get the past questions nd also study ur lamlad textbooks, you can attend post jamb tutorial also ...

you can add me up on this number 07084731494 ,let's talk.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sirseg(m): 7:15pm On Jul 02, 2018
LukeSkywalker78:
I scored 253. Am I safe?
which uni did u put in for?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by raje914(m): 1:28am On Jul 03, 2018
anyone with the idea of studying medicine at ATBU every bit of info about the school will be appreciated...thanks in advance
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MMLV: 11:37am On Jul 03, 2018
Quite fascinating to know how the whole body works and function,physiology brings about the knowledge of that.This video starts with the cellular level of physiology,applicable to virtually all aspects of physiology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN1GVfgJHdo
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MMLV: 11:38am On Jul 03, 2018
A lecture note on some bones of the upper limb just dropped.Check out and anticipate more...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp-BoY-eC7U
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MMLV: 11:39am On Jul 03, 2018
The human body,made of component parts all working together in a physiological response to stimuli.A brief,on the ultrastructure of the parts are in this lecture video note....stay tuned for the second part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U13S_DhxFA4
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Neatnewz: 11:39am On Jul 03, 2018
Uniben school of nursing 2018/2019 admission form is out

Apply here � http://www.hintnewz.com/2018/07/ubth-school-of-nursing-admission-form.html
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MMLV: 11:40am On Jul 03, 2018
Ever wondered how and why your body adjusts to certain conditions? Homeostasis brings to knowledge why body systems are kept within limit.This in whole,is a physiological response.
Check out a brief lecture note provided on this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_u6z8j_z5I
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MMLV: 11:42am On Jul 03, 2018
The human body,made of component parts all working together in a physiological response to stimuli.A brief,on the ultrastructure of the parts are in this lecture video note....stay tuned for the second part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U13S_DhxFA4
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MMLV: 12:04pm On Jul 03, 2018
<iframe src="https://web.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fweb.facebook.com%2FMARKnificentmedicallectures%2Fposts%2F1157969834354258&width=500" width="500" height="373" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 03, 2018
Na UI
sirseg:
which uni did u put in for?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:12am On Jul 04, 2018
Please is my senoirs is it possible to convert a BDS certificate to an MBBS certificate after study please help
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrImmaculate(m): 9:33am On Jul 04, 2018
Indomixx:
Drop urs
I scored 328
FB Id: Oyakhire Emmanuel
score: 307
By the way UNIBEN's putme form is out. Hw is ur preparation going? U can chat me up and nice score there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.