Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,266 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Did Nairaland Just Dump Google Adsense? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Did Nairaland Just Dump Google Adsense? (1987 Views)

Learn How To Design A Dynamic Web Site Similar To Nairaland Just For Free / Did Nairaland Just Change To A Center-Text View Before My Eyes? / How Did Nairaland (Seun) Gets Traffic To His Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Nairaland Just Dump Google Adsense? by tai2(m): 4:20am On Sep 16, 2012
Just logged in and saw Seun requesting for Nairaland ads and there's no Google Adsense either. Smart move. He could be earning a whole lot more on his own. I only hope he has the right advert platform rotating ads and the rest to make this work.
Re: Did Nairaland Just Dump Google Adsense? by eduson33(m): 4:41am On Sep 16, 2012
Yes / no.
Madam abeg,
mix akamu and yam,
add salad,2 plantain,some kpomo and kunu.
Spray stew on top if possible.
tai2: Just logged in and saw Seun requesting for Nairaland ads and there's no Google Adsense either. Smart move. He could be earning a whole lot more on his own. I only hope he has the right advert platform rotating ads and the rest to make this work.
Re: Did Nairaland Just Dump Google Adsense? by 365naijanews(m): 11:17am On Sep 16, 2012
Now we are talking oh. I wil not mis this chance oh
Re: Did Nairaland Just Dump Google Adsense? by smile4kenn(m): 2:50pm On Sep 16, 2012
Seun will make more money from local ads than Adsense.

I work for an internet marketing company here in the USA. I did a study on nairaland sometime ago and wondered why Seun didn't realize how much he would make from local ads. From my study, Linda Ikeji should be making over 15m a month from local ads. Its time Seun takes his own share of the Internet goldmine!
Re: Did Nairaland Just Dump Google Adsense? by onatisi(m): 3:11pm On Sep 16, 2012
smile4kenn: Seun will make more money from local ads than Adsense.

I work for an internet marketing company here in the USA. I did a study on nairaland sometime ago and wondered why Seun didn't realize how much he would make from local ads. From my study, Linda Ikeji should be making over 15m a month from local ads. Its time Seun takes his own share of the Internet goldmine!
am i reading correctly?15mill?i think i need to know more about this internet stuff

1 Like

Re: Did Nairaland Just Dump Google Adsense? by heynew: 4:08pm On Sep 16, 2012
It depends on who dumped who, adsense have axed NL before so it has always been in adsense red zone, and with the type of extreme tribal and hate comments that goes on here, i don't think adsense will think twice in doing what needed to be done.
Re: Did Nairaland Just Dump Google Adsense? by onatisi(m): 4:32pm On Sep 16, 2012
well and maybe the advertisers using google were not getting the customers they wanted.sorry if it sounds stupid like i said i am new to all this
Re: Did Nairaland Just Dump Google Adsense? by akintayo1(m): 4:55pm On Sep 16, 2012
onatisi:
am i reading correctly?15mill?i think i need to know more about this internet stuff
am also thinking what you're thinking o!15M!?No be small thing o.
Re: Did Nairaland Just Dump Google Adsense? by akinalabi(m): 6:26pm On Sep 16, 2012
Maybe Seun dumped Adsense of Adsense dumped Seun. It does not matter.

What I know is that with smart marketing, this can turn out to be the best thing to happen in Seun's business career. He will make more money without adsense.

But I dont like the post saying you should send an email with your budget and so on. It sends a message that he is not sure how he will go about this.

State your fees and conditions. Better still, find a way to create your own pay per click business.

All the best.
Re: Did Nairaland Just Dump Google Adsense? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 16, 2012
Re: Did Nairaland Just Dump Google Adsense? by MrGlobe(m): 8:03pm On Sep 16, 2012
PStylish: Created a topic on this during the week.

The question is - how profitable is Google Adsense?

Has anyone got an idea?
Google adsense is very profitable for sites like Nairaland with good traffic. I think Google banned Nairaland to protect its clients from promoting bigotry the Site has been known for. That said There is no way Linda ikeji is making 15m a month, not even half. That's fallacy. People are saying local ads, how consistent will it be. I think adsense was better for Nairaland also considering Nairaland was the highest ad sense earner in Nigeria. let's see how it goes tho.
Re: Did Nairaland Just Dump Google Adsense? by onatisi(m): 8:17pm On Sep 16, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Google adsense is very profitable for sites like Nairaland with good traffic. I think Google banned Nairaland to protect its clients from promoting bigotry the Site has been known for. That said There is no way Linda ikeji is making 15m a month, not even half. That's fallacy. People are saying local ads, how consistent will it be. I think adsense was better for Nairaland also considering Nairaland was the highest ad sense earner in Nigeria. let's see how it goes tho.
if i were seun i will concentrate on the small classified ads like those in the auto section ppl wanting to sell cars or other sections that will rake in lots of money instead of focusing on big pay per click and so on.those small small ads are usual constant and consistent
Re: Did Nairaland Just Dump Google Adsense? by MrGlobe(m): 8:20pm On Sep 16, 2012
onatisi:
if i were seun i will concentrate on the small classified ads like those in the auto section ppl wanting to sell cars or other sections that will rake in lots of money instead of focusing on big pay per click and so on.those small small ads are usual constant and consistent
Exactly.
Re: Did Nairaland Just Dump Google Adsense? by smile4kenn(m): 2:59am On Sep 17, 2012
Seun didn't dump adsense, Nairaland got banned by google. I looked it up here http://www.bannedcheck.com/

There is no way we can know why Nairaland got banned, unless Seun explains it.

Linda Ikeji said in an interview on youtube that she makes more than 6m a month. There are possibilities that she can be making up to 15m a month if she utilizes her ad spaces. Have you checked how much punchng.com charges a week for local ad banners? its over 200k a week just for a little ad space on their site. Seun do have so many sections on this site and can put up local banners to fit in any section.

Very true, Adsense pays, but adsense does not pay more than local ads. Adsense + Local ads are the best way you can maximize profits on your site if you have very high traffic rate.
Re: Did Nairaland Just Dump Google Adsense? by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 17, 2012
smile4kenn: Seun didn't dump adsense, Nairaland got banned by google. I looked it up here http://www.bannedcheck.com/

There is no way we can know why Nairaland got banned, unless Seun explains it.

I can explain why nairaland got banned by Google. It's because Google doesn't support tyranny. Google knows how nairaland ban it's members for 1 year or even more and it's against their terms and conditions . Banning nairaland from adsence was the only way Google could deal with them for reckless banning from pyguru and the likes. Google is watching! grin grin

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Grammarly Free Premium Account / Request Any Blogger Or Wordpress Theme And Get It Free / Someone To Create Javascript Slide Show With Navigation Buttons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.