Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (16497 Views)

Who Is Your Favourite Pastor In Terms Of Message Delivering? / Which Verse(s) In The Bible/Quaran Do You Love The Most? / What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 16, 2012
Mine is Ecclesiastes 9:11(I returned to see under the sun that the swift do not have the race, nor the mighty ones the battle, nor do the wise also have the food, nor do the understanding ones also have the riches, nor do even those having knowledge have the favor; because time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all) and Romans 12:1-2(consequently I entreat you by the compassions of God, brothers, to present YOUR bodies a sacrifice living, holy acceptable to God, a sacred service with YOUR power of reason. And quit being fashioned after this system of things, but be transformed by making YOUR mind over, that you may prove to yourselves the good and acceptable and perfect will of God)... So... What's that verse/chapter of the bible that you so love?

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by k2039: 9:22am On Sep 16, 2012
Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

12 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by boron10(m): 10:27am On Sep 16, 2012
This topic has been flogged na

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by frankmoney(m): 10:27am On Sep 16, 2012
Romans 8 vs 11 ...-f the spirit that raised Jesus from th dead dwells in us it will quicken our mortal bodies

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by Andrew3(m): 10:29am On Sep 16, 2012
more than a verse but i love it.

And they said unto Jesus, This woman was caught commiting adultery and moses commanded us to stone such a woman to death
what is your say on this? Jesus bent down and wrote on the ground with his finger and said onto them, let him that has no
sin cast the first stone and they disappeard one by one. Jesus said to the woman go and sin no more.

15 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by jcmi(f): 10:30am On Sep 16, 2012
psalm 91:1 He who dwell in the secret place of the most high shall abide under the shadow of the almighty.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by hane(m): 10:31am On Sep 16, 2012
Romans 8:12
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in
Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but
according to the Spirit.
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me
free from the law of sin and death.

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by wandeay: 10:32am On Sep 16, 2012
Look! How good and how pleasant it is for
brothers to dwell together in unity!—Ps. 133:1.

And

Throw all YOUR anxiety upon him, because he cares for YOU-1 Peter 5:7.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by nwangeme: 10:33am On Sep 16, 2012
Song of Solomon 7:3-9

"3 Your b r e a sts are like two fawns, twins of a gazelle. 4 Your neck is like an ivory tower. Your eyes are the pools of Heshbon by the gate of Bath Rabbim. Your nose is like the tower of Lebanon looking toward Damascus. 5 Your head crowns you like Mount Carmel. Your hair is like royal tapestry; the king is held captive by its tresses. 6 How beautiful you are and how pleasing, O love, with your delights! 7 Your stature is like that of the palm, and your br e a sts like clusters of fruit. 8 I said, "I will climb the palm tree; I will take hold of its fruit." May your bre a sts be like the clusters of the vine, the fragrance of your breath like apples,9 and your mouth like the best wine. May the wine go straight to my lover, flowing gently over lips and teeth.

Chai Oga Solo, you go kill pesin o.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by venorite(m): 10:33am On Sep 16, 2012
Proverb 5 vs. 19
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by kbdrim(m): 10:34am On Sep 16, 2012
John 15 vs 13..there's no greater love than for a man to lay down his life for his friends..Infact the whole of John 15

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by guyinlexy: 10:34am On Sep 16, 2012
psalms 117.....praise d lord all nationz exalt him all pple for his grace and steadfast love towards us and the faithfulness of the lord endureth forever...praise ye the lord..
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by natureem: 10:34am On Sep 16, 2012
Gen 1 v 1, inda beginning God created heaven & earth.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 16, 2012
cant remember d book, chapter or verse but d words stick to my medula like its super glued.
u can pls help me knw where its located.

KJV
And whatsoever thing yea would that men should do unto you do yea even so to them. for this is the law n the prophets.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by wandeay: 10:37am On Sep 16, 2012
nwa-ngeme:

"3 Your b r e a sts are like two fawns, twins of a gazelle. 4 Your neck is like an ivory tower. Your eyes are the pools of Heshbon by the gate of Bath Rabbim. Your nose is like the tower of Lebanon looking toward Damascus. 5 Your head crowns you like Mount Carmel. Your hair is like royal tapestry; the king is held captive by its tresses. 6 How beautiful you are and how pleasing, O love, with your delights! 7 Your stature is like that of the palm, and your br e a sts like clusters of fruit. 8 I said, "I will climb the palm tree; I will take hold of its fruit." May your bre a sts be like the clusters of the vine, the fragrance of your breath like apples,9 and your mouth like the best wine. May the wine go straight to my lover, flowing gently over lips and teeth.

for all the chaps and verses wey dey inside bible, na dis one you com like pass, you self be badtt sharpt guy

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by extension: 10:37am On Sep 16, 2012
Anytime ,anywhere,all my life and till death, my favourite verse is 1JOHN 4 :20
Pls just for 10mins get your bible and read it.Thx.

7 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 16, 2012
John 3:16-For God so love the world, that he gave His only beggotten Son.......

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by kpozite(m): 10:39am On Sep 16, 2012
Luke 12:31 "But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. "

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by kacheezy: 10:39am On Sep 16, 2012
And the LORD said unto Moses, Take all the heads of the people, and hang them up before the LORD against the sun, that the fierce anger of the LORD may be turned away from Israel. - Numbers 25:4
And they said the Quran is more violent than the bible? Both books should have PG written on them.

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 16, 2012
Revelations 22: 12
"And behold I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be."

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by canuck(m): 10:44am On Sep 16, 2012
Matt 10:17 - "But beware of men..."
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by jamil2(m): 10:44am On Sep 16, 2012
Similar thread has been discussed long ago!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 16, 2012
Phil 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

...bible loving atheist,

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by Ninilowo(m): 10:51am On Sep 16, 2012
(KJV)Psalm 126:1-3
When the Lord turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream. [2] Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The Lord hath done great things for them. [3] The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by Adaku1: 10:52am On Sep 16, 2012
John 3:16 For God so love the world that he gave His only begotten son that whosover belivieth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. Uche

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 16, 2012
Wow....seeing passages I never knew existed in the bible, no wonder His word is new every morning!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by yeankus864(m): 10:55am On Sep 16, 2012
Psalm 91
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 16, 2012
To all bible scholars and fervent believers, bring out your bibles now and this will be a serious debate:

Genesis 4:16-17: “Then Cain went out from the presence of the LORD and dwelt in the land of Nod on the east of Eden. And Cain knew his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch. And he built a city, and called the name of the city after the name of his son-- Enoch.”

Cain and Abel were the children of Adam and Eve, right? Ok. If Adam and Eve were the first humans God created and bore Cain, Abel and many others, where in the hell did the wives of Cain and Abel come from? If these wives existed, Doesn't this contradict the biblical claim that Adam and Eve were the first humans on earth? Please don't give me subjective answers, let's open our bibles now and begin to debate this objectively...citing verses please.

WATCH THIS
[flash=400,425]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB_aYmTn1Uo&feature=autoplay&list=PLF6184DE219FC7E5F&playnext=2''[/flash]

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by gen2briz(m): 10:58am On Sep 16, 2012
nwa-ngeme:

all this inside holy book abi una dey joke

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by otondo55: 10:58am On Sep 16, 2012
Psalm 16:5-11

5 Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup;
you make my lot secure.
6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.
7 I will praise the Lord, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
8 I keep my eyes always on the Lord.
With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest secure,
10 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead,
nor will you let your faithful[a] one see decay.
11 You make known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by smartjyke(m): 10:59am On Sep 16, 2012
1st John 5 vs 14
And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He heareth us.
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by Ovaiegbe(m): 11:00am On Sep 16, 2012
Mine is Psalms 1
Psalm 1
1 Happy are those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or take the path that sinners tread, or sit in the seat of scoffers;

2 but their delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law they meditate day and night.

3 They are like trees planted by streams of water, which yield their fruit in its season, and their leaves do not wither. In all that they do, they prosper.

4 The wicked are not so, but are like chaff that the wind drives away.

5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous;

6 for the LORD watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Do You Fight An Ancestral Python Spirit? / Mistakes Most Christians In Nigeria Make / Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.