Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Explain This Verse For Me, Thanks - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Explain This Verse For Me, Thanks (600 Views)

Shading And Marking Out Bible Verse For Remembrance. Right Or Wrong + Pix / TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? / 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Explain This Verse For Me, Thanks by unwanaabasi(m): 2:31pm On Sep 16, 2012
Hapi sunde 2u all, pls can someone explain this bible portion for me luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.
Re: Explain This Verse For Me, Thanks by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 16, 2012
unwana-abasi:
Hapi sunde 2u all, pls can someone explain this bible portion for me luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.
who are the lawyers ? the pharisees and sadducees. what they are doing is basically trying to get the people to subscribe to their own doctrine and hence leading people away from the path of true knowledge. they lead the flock astray and scatter the flock away from God with their own vain philosophies and doctrines.

1 Like

Re: Explain This Verse For Me, Thanks by unwanaabasi(m): 4:33pm On Sep 16, 2012
obadiah777: who are the lawyers ? the pharisees and sadducees. what they are doing is basically trying to get the people to subscribe to their own doctrine and hence leading people away from the path of true knowledge. they lead the flock astray and scatter the flock away from God with their own vain philosophies and doctrines.
thanks a great deal but please what is dis key of knowledge

(1) (Reply)

Life Instructions / Yahushua Is The True Name Of The Messiah (jesus) / I SAW A TERRIBLE DAY BEFALL THE EARTH. (SO SO TERRIBLE)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.