Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,943 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix (8350 Views)

10 Kinds Of Christians That Put A Smile On God's Face / TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? / Graphic Pictures Of Christians Slaughtered In Islamic Nations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by Xcozee(m): 10:38pm On Mar 25, 2015
Don't think otherwise or be carried away! I was also surprised on seeing it! I don't think such can be in a new testament! I really need to study and meditate God's word...

2 Likes

Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by oluwafemi113(m): 10:39pm On Mar 25, 2015
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by goodmorning40: 10:51pm On Mar 25, 2015
Op what is ur name? Ur name must be Devan abi Devon those kind name that seem as if they were coined from devil u must have a relationship with him for u to want to paint my holy bible this black, repent
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by MissSlimbody(f): 10:59pm On Mar 25, 2015
^^^Nobody is painting the Holy book black... Its there in the bible.

3 Likes

Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by Xcozee(m): 11:04pm On Mar 25, 2015
goodmorning40:
Op what is ur name? Ur name must be Devan abi Devon those kind name that seem as if they were coined from devil u must have a relationship with him for u to want to paint my holy bible this black, repent
Painting d HOLY BIBLE black That will be the last thing I will ever think of in my life!
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by Sylvekzee(m): 11:05pm On Mar 25, 2015
What's the verse abeg. I have to make it my memory verse.

Thou shalt not c.um outside the V! Lol

1 Like

Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by Xcozee(m): 11:07pm On Mar 25, 2015
goodmorning40:
Painting d HOLY BIBLE black That will be the last thing I will ever think of in my life! Seeing dat passage only made me realize I still gat a lot of miles to cover wen it comes to knowing the bible!
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by Nobody: 11:16pm On Mar 25, 2015
lol
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by Sanchez01: 6:39am On Mar 26, 2015
I've read it a handful of times but the words were not as direct as that. The picture failed to explain which version was used. KJV's words are subtle though.
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by Nobody: 7:39am On Mar 26, 2015
Lolzz!!!
I just read read it mehn, hahaha.

This is the NIV version (Genesis 38:9)
"9 But Onan knew that the child would not be his; so whenever he slept with his brother’s wife, he spilled his '_semen' on the ground to keep from providing offspring for his brother.

10 What he did was wicked in the Lord’s sight; so the Lord put him to death also."

4 Likes

Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by johnydon22(m): 8:24am On Mar 26, 2015
goodmorning40:

That means your holy bible is painting itself black for having that part.. Look at you calling someone a devil because one one yeye jewish book..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by johnydon22(m): 8:25am On Mar 26, 2015
mikesaj:
Lolzz!!!

"9 But Onan knew that the child would not be his; so whenever he slept with his brother’s wife, he spilled his '_semen' on the ground to keep from providing offspring for his brother.

10 What he did was wicked in the Lord’s sight; so the Lord put him to death also."
the lord didnt find bleeping his brothers wife offensive, it is what he does with his semen that he finds offensive.. #ShitHappens..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by goodmorning40: 8:44am On Mar 26, 2015
johnydon22:

That means your holy bible is painting itself black for having that part.. Look at you calling someone a devil because one one yeye jewish book..
I heard Satan himself browse too now it is very evident. HOLY GHOST...........

1 Like

Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 26, 2015
hahahah, the Bible... hahahhaa... what a useless book.

1 Like

Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by Xcozee(m): 8:49am On Mar 26, 2015
johnydon22:

the lord didnt find bleeping his brothers wife offensive, it is what he does with his semen that he finds offensive.. #ShitHappens..

I guess u r ryt
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by Xcozee(m): 8:50am On Mar 26, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
hahahah, the Bible... hahahhaa... what a useless book.
5 words** LORD HAVE MERCY ON U

2 Likes

Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by plendil: 9:23am On Mar 26, 2015
Nothing surprising about it. In fact its usually one of oft quoted verses underscoring the evil of massturbation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by Pr0ton: 9:23am On Mar 26, 2015
We can quote the Bible angry

Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by johnydon22(m): 9:28am On Mar 26, 2015
goodmorning40:

I heard Satan himself browse too now it is very evident. HOLY GHOST...........
lol cheesy
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 26, 2015
Your mind is too corrupt!!!!! angry all these teenagers sef! Smh. There should be age verification sef in this nairaland. I don't know why there is no age verification? 18years of age and above
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 26, 2015
goodmorning40:

The Bible is blacker than Gej's puff-puff ass.

Why does your god care so much about the size of genitals?

Ezekiel 23:20 - "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses" grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 26, 2015
sbaks:
Your mind is too corrupt!!!!! angry all these teenagers sef! Smh. There should be age verification sef in this nairaland. I don't know why there is no age verification? 18years of age and above

How about an age restriction on the bible too? You don't want kids and teenagers to have their minds corrupted by verses like that do you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by gatiano(m): 7:49pm On Mar 26, 2015
What is wrong with black? abeg be conscious of what you write or say.
goodmorning40:

1 Like

Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by wordcat(m): 9:23pm On Mar 26, 2015
mikesaj:
Lolzz!!!

You forgot to add that the Lord was responsible for his(Onan) brother's death.

I pity their poor mother.
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by johnydon22(m): 9:39pm On Mar 26, 2015
ever wonder how it is that when yahweh was with the ancient jews in the desert he behaved like them, when he fell into the hands of romans he became civilized.. why?? people's ideas change, so does the god they worship because people speak, fight and say what they want to be the mind of their god or its attributes.. lmoa...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 27, 2015
DProDG:

How about an age restriction on the bible too? You don't want kids and teenagers to have their minds corrupted by verses like that do you?
that is why there's children class for them. To teach them what they are suppsed to hear at their ages, and not things like THIS ok!? angry
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 27, 2015
sbaks:
that is why there's children class for them. To teach them what they are suppsed to hear at their ages, and not things like THIS ok!? angry

So we're on the same page now? Children shouldn't read the bible, at least not unsupervised?
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by folaski: 3:18pm On Mar 27, 2015
DProDG:

So we're on the same page now? Children shouldn't read the bible, at least not unsupervised?

NAIRALANDERS BEWARE OF POSTS LIKE THAT OF THE OP.
He quoted that passage out of its context.
you have read the the bible with prejudice . Read the whole passage for proper understanding. What Onan was doing was wrong. He wanted a widow he inherited according to their culture and tradition to die childless. That's wickedness.
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by Nobody: 11:42pm On Mar 27, 2015
folaski:

NAIRALANDERS BEWARE OF POSTS LIKE THAT OF THE OP.
He quoted that passage out of its context.
you have read the the bible with prejudice . Read the whole passage for proper understanding. What Onan was doing was wrong. He wanted a widow he inherited according to their culture and tradition to die childless. That's wickedness.

Quoted that passage out of context?

Ok bro, then explain this scripture below:

Leveticus 19:29 "Do not prostitute thy daughter, to cause her to be a LovePeddler; lest the land fall to whoredom, and the land become full of wickedness"

Contrary to the above;

Hosea 1:2 "The beginning of the word of the lord by Hosea. And the lord said to Hosea, Go, take unto thee a wife of whoredoms and children of whoredoms; for the land has committed great whoredom, departing from the lord.

Are you sure Yahweh wasn't high on peruvian SK or was that passage also quoted out of context? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by shahydbinaliyu(m): 7:12am On Mar 28, 2015
Bible both old and new testament contains over 2 thousands contradiction... Original Bible is written in Greek.. Just don't know why its English version isn't released.....even dead sea scrolls was found recently... Visit shahydcharming.wordpress. com
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by anukulapo: 6:46am On May 14, 2015
Xcozee:

Painting d HOLY BIBLE black That will be the last thing I will ever think of in my life! Seeing dat passage only made me realize I still gat a lot of miles to cover wen it comes to knowing the bible!
The story is in genesis. If you're just seeing it,you can't imagine how many "mileseseses" you are yet to cover.
I hope you've heard about Adam and Eve. If not...
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by anukulapo: 6:47am On May 14, 2015
johnydon22:

Point of order. She is not his brother's wife.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is The Holy Spirit Present In The Life Of Both Believers And Unbelievers? / My Right Hands Keep Shaking Since I Had An Encounter With God. / I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.